It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iTunes alternatives?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My iPod Touch 6G is not recognized by iTunes (w/updated OS, etc.). Apple support was unable to help me resolve the issue. It's just baffling and irritating but this is not a rant.

I need to use an alternative to iTunes if I want to use my iPod Touch. A brief search revealed dozens of options. Opinions from actual users are most valuable to me right now.

Do you use something other than iTunes to "sync" content to a mobile device?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I use CopyTrans Manager, it does the trick for me,

CopyTrans

The free iTunes alternative to manage iPhone, iPad and iPod without iTunes

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My kids really like Spotify. Musicians like SoundCloud because they get a bigger share than the ITunopoly. Musicians really get screwed in the modern music industry.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I appreciate all the things that you said, but what I'm asking about is an application that is sort of like a middle man between my computer and my iPod.

I use a cable but I believe it is more common to sync over wi-fi. Don't be fooled into thinking that I have more than a basic understanding of this.

The end result is a MacBook Pro running iTunes that doesn't recognize an iPod (even though the Photos app does recognize it). It's very strange, but hours of troubleshooting with Apple support was fruitless, a total disappointment. Probably a bug in the last iOS update.

a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I recognize that name so its good enough a place as any to narrow my search. Do you mind my asking what OS/platform you use? Thanks.
edit on 6/10/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/10/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

No problem, if I'm reading it right my phone is iOS 10.3.3, and I'm using windows 10 on laptop,

top topics

join