It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Progressives in Congress Head for Center or go Nuclear Post Kavanaugh Confirmation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
With a lifetime of watching the United States Supreme Court used as a vehicle to enable legislation that failed at public and congressional levels due an inability to gain popular support among the electorate or being used to prevent enabling of legislation that did indeed pass approval of the electorate I am pleased to see a possible ending of that situation.

In past courts I have seen a word smithed, idea bending, wholesale invention of, and, ignoring of clear language and many other abuses serving agendas, finding rights hitherto unfound to any mortal honest person in a simply worded clear English document called the United States Constitution.

All this mostly due a lack of selling political ideas as sound decisions to public at large who elect representatives to serve in Congress. On otherhand when legislation did pass public muster and opinion - it was simply halted by same process at the USSC.

Rather it seemed bankrupt initiatives were rubber stamped through USSC that otherwise would never pass Congress.

Now we have articles like this from "Vice" which call for radical departure from sanity to in effect usurp the USSC as a progressive tool.

The "Neutron" Option Democrats Can Use To Retake The Supreme Court

Calls for regiggering number of States by as many as 9-10 in effort to "load" congress in their (Democrat) favor. Change makeup of the court by increasing number of Justices during Democrat control of Executive and House to "takeover" the court.
Changing Senate rules to prevent opposition to these efforts among many other ideas.

I have an idea - how about changing political plans so that the American People support ideas instead of always attempting to ram stuff down our throats using every means available.

My opinion, until you change you folks of this type belief will be out of power as people in general are wise to current tactics afer decades of playing fast and loose with Constitution.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

In truth, the establishment got wiped out in this last cycle.

Now we wait and see what truly emerges on both sides.
edit on 6-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

They won't learn.
If anything they'll double down and go further off into left field.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Great idea on the S.C. Trump should pack it with 25 Justices if the R’s remain in power after the election. Sure some remodeling expenses are involved but overall it would be nothing the D’s have shown they wouldn’t do. It’s war.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Its a sure path to marginalization as they "doth protest to much" on way to oblivion of publicly bankrupt ideology. I personally have great distaste for things "forced" upon me so never have agreed with tactics used the way being promulgated in link.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Will Progressives in Congress Head for Center or go Nuclear Post Kavanaugh Confirmation

Progressives have no concept of center.

The direction they're headed to is exit stage bat snip whacko infinitely more crazy.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't get why the Dems just don't wait 20 years to really push the liberal agenda. In like 20 years America will be super rich and then it would make sense to have healthcare for all. They just have to be patient until nanobots and space mining come around. They pulled the trigger to soon.
edit on 6-10-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The Leftist Authoritarian Party will go nuclear.

They have lost any sense of rational thought. They have become sworn enemies of the US Constitution.

They have lost they damned minds!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why does it have to be those two choices?

Why cant they stay the course?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Great idea on the S.C. Trump should pack it with 25 Justices if the R’s remain in power after the election. Sure some remodeling expenses are involved but overall it would be nothing the D’s have shown they wouldn’t do. It’s war.

Funny you mention that.... the Dems plan to do that themselves.

The Supreme Court Doesn't Need 9 Justices. It Needs 27

time.com...

For would-be packers, expanding the court from nine to 11 justices, if and when the Democrats take back executive and legislative power, provides the only opportunity to regain a liberal majority on the court. A packing approach, in proponents’ view, is justified by the need to “fight dirty” in exigent times.

The right approach isn’t a revival of FDR’s court packing plan, which would have increased the court to 15, or current plans, which call for 11. Instead, the right size is much, much bigger. Three times its current size, or 27, is a good place to start, but it’s quite possible the optimal size is even higher.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Pretty sure we are about to see it get MUCH worse.

It was bad enough in GA when they tried to force Ossoff in and failed.

Then way escalated with Kavanaugh.

I bet leading up to midterms is going to be the nuclear option.

I can go ahead and place bets that they will not see a majority.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I don't get why the Dems just don't wait 20 years to really push the liberal agenda. I like 20 years America will be super rich and then it would make sense to have healthcare for all. They just have to be patient until nanobots and space mining come around. They pulled the trigger to soon.

Article [IX] (Amendment 9 - Unenumerated Rights)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Article [X] (Amendment 10 - Reserved Powers)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Constution

I don't have issue with that idea so long as its by a particular state or states such as legislation making corporations "entities" rather that in effect "people" which then makes legislation requiring healthcare a business cost not a "right" which is constitutionally wrong IMHO.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Which course is that? chaos and violence? Usurping Constitution? Legislation from bench? thats the course I have witnessed - what course do you refer too?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The coarse they're on, if America hadn't said no to Hillary was already more wars, thought police and bread lines.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I don't get why the Dems just don't wait 20 years to really push the liberal agenda. I like 20 years America will be super rich and then it would make sense to have healthcare for all. They just have to be patient until nanobots and space mining come around. They pulled the trigger to soon.

Article [IX] (Amendment 9 - Unenumerated Rights)
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Article [X] (Amendment 10 - Reserved Powers)
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Constution

I don't have issue with that idea so long as its by a particular state or states such as legislation making corporations "entities" rather that in effect "people" which then makes legislation requiring healthcare a business cost not a "right" which is constitutionally wrong IMHO.

In the future it will just be cheaper to get nanobots injected making people not get sick, healthcare will be a fraction of what it is now. The #e will hit the fan for companies charging an arm and a leg like today.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They better start making up better lies if they want to win something. That's the only way they can win is by lying.

Nobody in America really wants what Democrats stand for this election.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Are the progressives not already nuclear? Have they not been nuclear since at least the moment Obama took office?
edit on 6-10-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I agree. When they expunged what I call "liberal" from party favor in past several conventions in favor of radicals in their party they took road to destruction - results plain to see as only course open is more radicalism unless and until they change their leadership to one more in line with average American citizen.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: Pyle

Which course is that? chaos and violence? Usurping Constitution? Legislation from bench? thats the course I have witnessed - what course do you refer too?

Not sure why you are bringing up GOP tactics.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The far left hasn't responded in any reasonable, logical way to anything in quite some time, but particularly since the 2016 election. This will be no different, and if the past is any indicator, their antics are going to be so far over the line in the next few weeks that they're going to cost the Dems the mid-terms as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join