It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From not my president to not my SCOTUS to not my country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I've been watching the empty heads on most of the networks discussing the impending Kavanaugh vote and the associated protests.

A theme I am starting to see emerge is the one where now, in advance of any actual action by SCOTUS, the legitimacy of the court is being explicitly rejected.

Is it an overreaction to think we are headed into a potentially very dangerous period of our history?

I can't recall a time in my life where so many openly rejected the entirety of our government.

Crazy, crazy times.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

#NotMyConstitution

This is just a justification for future actions.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The only government/scotus they recognize is one they are running.

What us little people want is irrelevant.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I blame the Internet but more specifically social media.
Nothing winds up the sheep like a good meme or video clip taken out of context.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is the snowball effect of crybabies hating one thing (Trump) and allowing it to completely spiral into pure insanity. These people would hate puppies if they felt anyone right of center had compassion for them.

I think we're really witnessing something terrible.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
From not my president to not my SCOTUS to not my country

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A woman interviewed at this protest said "all future SC rulings will be illegitimate".

So lock them up if they don't follow the law of the land.

I pray Ginsberg is soon to follow.
edit on 10 6 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 6 2018 by stosh64 because: Updated video

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If this is, indeed, the case... Then, yeah, this could be entering into a dangerous stage.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
If this is, indeed, the case... Then, yeah, this could be entering into a dangerous stage.

Civil war.

They're pushing it full steam ahead.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What if we are witnessing the self destruction of the Democrat party?

What if Trump decided to leave the Republican party in the next election?

Imagine how glorious that would be if the American people could choose something different than Republican or Democrat and have their choice truly mean something!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Civil war.

They're pushing it full steam ahead.

If they will not accept the election, they will not accept the democratic process, they will not accept the constitution. What other option is left?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Are we witnessing the lack of majority rule? Is it possible democratic rule is an archaic form of government?

Something is happening. Apparently, both sides have become equal and loud.

It will be intersting to see what this compilation-clash of ideas will morph into; short of a Civil War.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

What other option is left?

Heavy doses of free weed.

edit on 6-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

That's a definite...maybe.

I sometimes think that many of us, and I include myself in this, spend way too much time on the internet, and our view of reality sometimes gets a little bit skewed.

Right now, the economy is doing well. Unemployment is near, if not at, 50 year lows--here locally anyway, and most tensions have decreased markedly in the last 3-4 months--though you wouldn't know it from the internet.

I do a lot of people watching, places like malls, parks, and other gathering places, and I'm just not seeing the rank divisions that a civil war requires.

Not saying it couldn't happen...it, obviously, could.

If this "not my President", "not my "WHATEVER" " does take hold, then yeah, things could get bad.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Civil war. They're pushing it full steam ahead.

What are they going to fight with? Rocks? Where's their General Robert E. Lee? Maxine Waters? Every time there has been a "serious" uprising in this country inner city neighborhoods have been torched by their residents. Blacks attack Korean businesses, and unarmed students march ineffectually wherever they are allowed. The Right has the guns and knows how to use them. The Left knows vaguely that the pointy end goes away from them, but they're not all that sure and very likely to load the bullets in backwards. A true Civil War requires organization of the opposition with more than just rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
These people would hate puppies if they felt anyone right of center had compassion for them.

Here this ought to do it -

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I sometimes think that many of us, and I include myself in this, spend way too much time on the internet, and our view of reality sometimes gets a little bit skewed.

True enough.

The only people losing their minds are paid protestors from billionaire oligarchs.

link   
a reply to: seagull

Couldn't agree more.

Turn off the idiot box and walkaway from the internet and all this 'drama' disappears.

link   
a reply to: schuyler

A true Civil War requires organization of the opposition with more than just rhetoric.

Well they do have a lot of community organizers.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They didn't get their way.

Then when they cried, layed down on the floor/street, screamed at the top of their lungs in a childish temper tantrum, and still didn't get their way, they resorted to trying to rip everything apart.

There is a faction of spoiled brats that don't know how to handle loss.

I saw one gal on Twitter throwing a massive incoherent freak-out claiming she is going to commit suicide if BK is confirmed and the blood will be on the hands of those that supported him. Insane!

We are dealing with sick, mentally ill, spoiled brats that trash the rule of law and fairness when they don't get their way. These people do not need to be anywhere near decision-making power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join