It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is some good news from Alaska. Guess who might challenge Murkowski?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh, ok then. Not so hot!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I don't think Alaskans have forgiven her for abandoning the governorship in lieu of a VP slot. From what I understand, she went whole Hollywood and left them in the dust. There has to be someone better.

I think you forget that the minute she came in as a VP, the Democrats put every OUNCE of attention on her... they did everything in their power to put her down. Endless lawsuits, insults, everything they could do to demean her. I mean how dare she do that... think that a Republican woman could get the VP seat.

Then when she had so many frivolous lawsuits that she did the right thing and got out of the governorship so that she could clear them up, she was called a "quitter".

This isn't new to the Democrats, the strategy.

It's a dirty, morally repulsive thing to normal people. The politics that Democrats play.

See... Kavanaugh.

That party is going to reap what it sows now... too many citizens are seeing it for what it is.

I think she should give it a go, for nothing less than the left reacting again the way they do now so more people will leave the left.

Fitting...

No, I haven't forgotten. But my opinion doesn't matter as I'm not a resident of that state. However, Alaskans remember and she lost their confidence and trust.

Julia O'Malley in Anchorage, Alaska
Sun 24 Jan 2016 08.00 EST

These days, you can’t find people here who have something nice to say about her last decade in politics. Nobody wants to talk about Palin.

There is speculation from time to time about her running for state office, but chances seem remote. Dermot Cole, a columnist at the Alaska Dispatch News, told me Alaskans don’t take her seriously.

“She has long since become part of the entertainment business, which is what she has in common with Trump,” he wrote in an email.

Dave Stieren, a conservative radio personality in Anchorage, told me Palin’s story is full of irony.

“Even though she doesn’t know who Shakespeare is, she’s a figure out of Shakespearean tragedy,” he said. “She’s a person of exceptional means with no place to really call home.”

www.theguardian.com...

I don't take issue with Palen but I'm just wondering if the Alaskans would accept her back in the political fold after her early exit from governorship, regardless of her reasons to vacate that position early.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Yes Tina Fey is a lot smarter, and classier.

But by all means..she should run..LMFAO
edit on 6-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I don't think Alaskans have forgiven her for abandoning the governorship in lieu of a VP slot. From what I understand, she went whole Hollywood and left them in the dust. There has to be someone better.

I think you forget that the minute she came in as a VP, the Democrats put every OUNCE of attention on her... they did everything in their power to put her down. Endless lawsuits, insults, everything they could do to demean her. I mean how dare she do that... think that a Republican woman could get the VP seat.

Then when she had so many frivolous lawsuits that she did the right thing and got out of the governorship so that she could clear them up, she was called a "quitter".

This isn't new to the Democrats, the strategy.

It's a dirty, morally repulsive thing to normal people. The politics that Democrats play.

See... Kavanaugh.

That party is going to reap what it sows now... too many citizens are seeing it for what it is.

I think she should give it a go, for nothing less than the left reacting again the way they do now so more people will leave the left.

Fitting...

No, I haven't forgotten. But my opinion doesn't matter as I'm not a resident of that state. However, Alaskans remember and she lost their confidence and trust.

Julia O'Malley in Anchorage, Alaska
Sun 24 Jan 2016 08.00 EST

These days, you can’t find people here who have something nice to say about her last decade in politics. Nobody wants to talk about Palin.

There is speculation from time to time about her running for state office, but chances seem remote. Dermot Cole, a columnist at the Alaska Dispatch News, told me Alaskans don’t take her seriously.

“She has long since become part of the entertainment business, which is what she has in common with Trump,” he wrote in an email.

Dave Stieren, a conservative radio personality in Anchorage, told me Palin’s story is full of irony.

“Even though she doesn’t know who Shakespeare is, she’s a figure out of Shakespearean tragedy,” he said. “She’s a person of exceptional means with no place to really call home.”

www.theguardian.com...

I don't take issue with Palen but I'm just wondering if the Alaskans would accept her back in the political fold after her early exit from governorship, regardless of her reasons to vacate that position early.

Makes one wonder if McCain chose her on purpose to lose the election?

Think about it. She would have been the first female VP.

John McCain got away with a lot more being a Senator as he ever could have, being the President!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Lisa Murkowski has CHANGED HER MIND about voting "NO" for Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation tomorrow.

She will now vote "PRESENT".

Here is WHY: www.nbcnews.com...

The crappiest way ever to try to remain relevant politically.
I remember another Senator that did that a lot...
Oh yea! Obama... LOL

I didn't know that about SINator Obama.

I understand Lisa Murkoswski's reason for voting "Present" tomorrow. That is, so another "Yes" Senator can remain at his daughter's wedding, instead of rushing back to Washington to vote.

I think if she votes as Present instead of No, Daines doesn't have to be in a mad rush to fly in from his daughter's wedding in a borrowed plane to vote Yes.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I cannot wait for Ginsberg....

I LIKE BEER

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Having lived in Alaska, though not for quite a while, I still feel fairly safe in stating that Palin has no chance. NONE.

Not even against Murkowski. Alaskan memories aren't that short.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Palin is a ####ing joke.
She can hardly string together a coherent thought.
She quit being governor to do a reality TV show.

Any idiot dumb enough to vote for her should be stuffed in a sack and tossed in a river.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Sarah Palin strongly hinted at a challenge to Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) when Murkowski is next up for reelection in 2022.

Strongly hinted that she will run in 2022 , plenty of time to make up her mind then.

Make America "hot" Again!

Depends on your definition of "hot" I guess.
edit on 6-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Lisa Murkowski has CHANGED HER MIND about voting "NO" for Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation tomorrow.

She will now vote "PRESENT".

Here is WHY: www.nbcnews.com...

Neither of those vote options help her political future. She's cast her die, she will have to deal with the repercussions of her vote.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

One OP Ed piece from a foreign media .
And you believe ?
Dang...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Please no. We need someone better.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh, ok then. Not so hot!

I would rather all the senators look like trolls and behaved like angels.
They are not there for looking at. It would be nice to have people who will not make secret deals and use their position for personal money making, or drink baby blood.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I keep telling myself that Americans are not stupid enough to let Palin back in the spotlight...

Who am I kidding?

At least we'd have never ending comedy material.

Yeah Sarah Palin is so dumb that in 2008 she predicted Putin’s foray into Ukraine.
edit on 6-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the good people of Alaska vote for her, then what would be the problem?

I preferred Lisa anns portrayal of Palin. Cause palins hot. if she would had worn a bikini instead of dress clothes more men would had voted for her.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

A large part of politics is about appearance. Like it, or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Alaskans aren't stupid, they already got used & burned once by Palin between being abandoned for a VP try and al the negative publicity & being the butt of national jokes due to that trainwreck family (mess of a son aside, anybody remember parroting abstinence while dragging around a knocked up, unwed underage daughter to engagements & rallies?)

They're not going to let it happen again. "Fool me once", applies here for Alaska, and they aren't messing around about it. The Palin name is spoken with pure venom, regardless of party affiliation up there.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Palin is a perfect example of the character assassination of the left.

If conservatives dug this deep into liberals personal lives all of them would suffer the same fate.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

A large part of politics is about appearance. Like it, or not.

Only because of ignorance.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And?

Good luck ridding politics of ignorance, since most politics are derived from that very thing.

Ignorance is part of the human condition. Not one of us is immune.

<< 1    3 >>

join