It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you think of the electoral college?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

you do realize that you are responding to me about someone elses comments you quoted?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If I am not mistaken, every Democrat that ever won a Presidential election won because they won the electoral collage. It's only bad when they lose. Its the same thing with the SCOUTS. Whenever a man or woman is nominated by a Republican, the appointee is somehow a raving sex maniac or has some other mental violent imbalance. On the other hand when a man or woman is appointed by a Democrat, they are above reproach, and if you find any flaws you are a sexist or a racist.

They set the fire and blame it on the other side. The recent SCOUTS fiasco was a raging dumpster fire set by and paid for by the Democrats. Its the only way they think they can win and they keep losing. The play book of the left was written by Goebbels. He would be proud it is still being used today.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I am not crazy about the "electoral collage" but the alternative would be close not work well either.

My primary dislike is the "winner take all" set-up; where the winner of the most delegates in a state gets to claim all the votes. But, this is what the parties have agreed to go by, and both party's gripe about when they loose an election.
edit on 8-10-2018 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think our country would be an interesting place if the majority decided all the rules. There are specific safeguards in place to prevent situations like this.

I suspect a majority of the country would vote Yes to legalize drugs.
I suspect a majority of the country would vote No to legalize gay marriage.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Not quite

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
THIS is why we need it...

Link

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join