It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Just Guaranteed Their Own Loss in House Elections Next Month

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Oh, and about your signature, did you know Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican?

Once again you aren’t thinking or reading my posts.

I criticize the dems constantly.

I stated I’m not a democrat, and republicans and democrats don’t represent conservativism nor liberalism neither historically, nationally, nor globally. Change my mind..

Before you get all high and mighty, between Iran contra under Reagan and the Middle East misadventures of both bushes, and their support of things like the patriot act, you have zero high ground as a party to stand on. Torture, etc. Ron Paul and and many libertarians would agree. So slow your roll...

Y’all are Ignoring me because i don’t fit your binary paradigm, which is sad. Deny ignorance
edit on 9-10-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The majority of Americans did not support Kavanaugh's nomination, and did support an investigation. It was something like 50 percent to 30 percent, according to most polls (with 20 undecided).
In other words, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and are just blatantly making stuff up. And the stuff your making up is blatantly and factually wrong. You know, kind of like how you all still like to pretend that the majority of Americans voted for Trump, when Hillary actually had 3 million more votes than he did? Nice try though, moron.
God, I cant wait until the GOP gets demolished kn the next elections. It's going to be so fun reading all of the comments on here from the smug and deluded morons like you, who listen to echo chamber nonsense and completely ignore what is actually happening.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I am not ignoring you, I just disagree fully that meritocracy is a myth. I think the metrics used to judge it are easily manipulated depending on which side the studies want to buttress. If you want to make it appear to be a bad concept, you judge it in the short term... it's immediate impact on people, but that's disingenuous. The entire practice of merit requires you to play the long game, as everyone has a different breaking point. Eventually, however, survival instincts will kick in and force people to better themselves, and that creates pride which drives them to do even greater things. Artificial, "because I exist," benefits yield lazy fruits, while making everyone earn it yields outstanding crops.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

Most Americans support Justice Kavanaugh.

The ones that don't have a big problem.

"Kavanaugh who?"

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

My apologies, I was referencing your signature. I myself am not beholden to a party but vote for the person.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I am not ignoring you, I just disagree fully that meritocracy is a myth. I think the metrics used to judge it are easily manipulated depending on which side the studies want to buttress. If you want to make it appear to be a bad concept, you judge it in the short term... it's immediate impact on people, but that's disingenuous. The entire practice of merit requires you to play the long game, as everyone has a different breaking point. Eventually, however, survival instincts will kick in and force people to better themselves, and that creates pride which drives them to do even greater things. Artificial, "because I exist," benefits yield lazy fruits, while making everyone earn it yields outstanding crops.
You are mistaking me. I entirely believe in merit over things like identity politics. I’ve seen first hand the pernicious effects of the opposite.

However, without any doubt this ideological concept that we exist in a societal level meritocracy from birth, is unsupported and pernicious. I’ve spent my entire adult, academic, and professional life working on related issues and how they pertain to poverty and opportunity.

Where do you get your viewpoint from? Study? Work? Anecdotes? Or just talking points. Examine it

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

You believe polls! That's adorable!!!

P.S. How'd that work out for you in 2016? Those polls indicated we'd be under Hillary's rule right now, are we? Did Hillary win the electoral vote? Did she preach to her choir and manage to piss off the independents she needed in the swing states and heartland? Am I surprised that massive liberal states like California and New York, where she did her pontificating to the already baptized masses gave her a 3 million overall vote advantage? No, not at all... Were you surprised that actions seen as detrimental in the non-liberalized congregations (essentially anywhere not abutted by seaboard in this country) created a scenario whereby we get to watch all the totes adorbs little whiney snips cry over the "unfairness" of the electoral college (which, by the way, isn't going anywhere)? You seem to be...

You'll love my echo chamber after November. I'm cranking the volume up to 11, ripping the knob off, and locking the doors... enjoy it because I know I will. November... where the Democrats are concerned, will be like a constipated man who's eaten too much fiber... y'all will thunder up a storm, but no lightning or rainfall will provide you the relief you desperately need. 31 days, you will be reeducated on a fact you apparently flunked out on 2 years ago... the media's polls support an artificial narrative, not reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

My apologies, I was referencing your signature. I myself am not beholden to a party but vote for the person.
All good, I sometimes flash on people too.

I’m liberal leaning, but I’m trying to show that not all of us are partisan hacks (and conversely many conservatives are). We need more people reaching across, being reasonable, listening to various views, etc.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I don't think anyone is saying that the average person who calls themselves 'liberal' is in the same class as the violent, lawless, fascist Communists that populate Washington DC with a 'D' next to their names. I'm certainly not. The problem is that we don't have a label for them other than the one they adopted: 'liberal.'

I actually feel empathy with you... your descriptor has been taken over by force by those you do not agree with, just as the Confederate Battlejack was taken as a symbol by certain groups that I have absolutely no support for. Sucks, don't it?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join