It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Just Guaranteed Their Own Loss in House Elections Next Month

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutisticEvo

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TheRedneck

This country actually does need an opposition party.

I was thinking that if the DNC collapses we should give the Vacuum to the Independents... seems they could use a turn.

Be careful. I have always been an independent.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I'm voting Democrat full ticket, just to piss off the right wingers. Not like it matters the corporations have both parties bought and paid for.

Great logic champ that’ll show us! Smh

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Health care isn't a winning issue for either side. It won't be until we can get the money (aka insurance) out of the equation. The Democrats can't fix it; the Republicans can't fix it; the insurance companies don't want to fix it.

We've been fed the idea that healthcare = insurance. As long as we believe that, we cannot move forward.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Past history has shown the left on ATS to be every bit as quarrelsome as the Right. There are really only two possible reasons we're seeing fewer liberals in these threads.
1. They've run out of counter arguments and no longer wish to piss against the wind
Or
2. Moderate liberals are starting to abandon the Democrat party in numbers significant enough to equal noticeably fewer liberals remaining to defend their party.

Don't place any money on your election expectations unless you can absorb losing because the Dems have screwed the pooch on this one... maybe hard enough to affect them horribly for the next several elections, in fact. They have utterly alienated all but the most self deprecating males in the country and they've done it to pander to less than 60% of the female voters (because, I can absolutely promise you, that 40% or so of women who voted against Hillary Clinton are as disgusted by the left's assault and smear on Kavanaugh as any conservative man has been.) All the Dems have done here is directly and aggressively pander to their base, votes they already were certain to have in November, while baring their asses at any and all moderates and centrists who they desperately needed to have any chance of winning.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Past history has shown the left on ATS to be every bit as quarrelsome as the Right. There are really only two possible reasons we're seeing fewer liberals in these threads.
1. They've run out of counter arguments and no longer wish to piss against the wind
Or
2. Moderate liberals are starting to abandon the Democrat party in numbers significant enough to equal noticeably fewer liberals remaining to defend their party.

Don't place any money on your election expectations unless you can absorb losing because the Dems have screwed the pooch on this one... maybe hard enough to affect them horribly for the next several elections, in fact. They have utterly alienated all but the most self deprecating males in the country and they've done it to pander to less than 60% of the female voters (because, I can absolutely promise you, that 40% or so of women who voted against Hillary Clinton are as disgusted by the left's assault and smear on Kavanaugh as any conservative man has been.) All the Dems have done here is directly and aggressively pander to their base, votes they already were certain to have in November, while baring their asses at any and all moderates and centrists who they desperately needed to have any chance of winning.

No, actually it's because all of the endless pro-Trump 'libtards are stooopid, hurrrr, give me starrrrs!' nonsense has driven away everybody else who doesn't want to be part of the alt-right echo chamber that ATS has become.

It's sad, it's pathetic. But you guys can have your endless Trump circle-jerk where the 4-chan kiddies run around insulting everybody and laughing about how awesome it is to insult people.

The adults have mostly left the building.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter whether democrats take the House in 2018 or 2020 from this perspective. No matter how badly Republicans cheat, and they are cheating as hard possible, sooner or later Democrats will be the majority again. And as Kavanaugh himself said, "What goes around, comes around." That being said, I feel strongly the Supreme Court should not have a political orientation. It should operate from an open mind, with a drive to preserve the Constitution, what little is left anyhow.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
It really doesn't matter whether democrats take the House in 2018 or 2020 from this perspective. No matter how badly Republicans cheat, and they are cheating as hard possible, sooner or later Democrats will be the majority again. And as Kavanaugh himself said, "What goes around, comes around." That being said, I feel strongly the Supreme Court should not have a political orientation. It should operate from an open mind, with a drive to preserve the Constitution, what little is left anyhow.

Oh yeah because there was all that rampant cheating on the republicans part, oh wait that was the other guys... You lefties are cute when you get your panties in a twist.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

House Democrats will open an investigation into accusations of sexual misconduct and perjury against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh if they win control of the House in November, Representative Jerrold Nadler, the New York Democrat in line to be the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, said on Friday.

Speaking on the eve of Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote this weekend, Mr. Nadler said that there was evidence that Senate Republicans and the F.B.I. had overseen a “whitewash” investigation of the allegations and that the legitimacy of the Supreme Court was at stake. He sidestepped the issue of impeachment.

“It is not something we are eager to do,” Mr. Nadler said in an interview. “But the Senate having failed to do its proper constitutionally mandated job of advise and consent, we are going to have to do something to provide a check and balance, to protect the rule of law and to protect the legitimacy of one of our most important institutions.”

Nice one, jackass! Take the dog and pony show a majority of Americans are disgusted with (that your party orchestrated and pushed for, I might add) and which most of the nation is happy to see concluded this weekend, and promise the people a second helping if your party wins the House. Oh yeah, that'll get y'all elected and put more Dem butts in House seats! LOL!!! This has been an interesting few weeks. The Democrats have managed, inexplicably, to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on multiple fronts all while the economy booms, Trump's trade deal finagling proved itself to be the best course of action for the maximum benefit of this nation's economy, and a good, honest man's name was drug through the mud in the name of partisan hack BS. WELL FREAKING PLAYED! You're making promises to people who were already solidly guaranteed to vote for you while pissing all over those wavering and not sold on you.

There's not a Democrat politician out there that has a single thing to offer America that will improve our quality of life...Trump is doing all the things the Democrats promised they would do but it was all just talk...Campaign promises...'Change we can believe in'...Ha, what a joke...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If you really believed that, you would have supported Kavanaugh...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The adults? You mean the ones who want to throw innocent until proven guilty out the window, just for a political win? Yeah, no. The children have left, you should join them if you think they're the adults.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

No matter how badly Republicans cheat, and they are cheating as hard possible...

Did a Republican hold the allegation letter for weeks in secret, only releasing it at the last moment to delay the confirmation?

Did a Republican leak the information in that letter to the press to force Ford to come forward against her initial wishes?

Did the Republicans try to force through a criminal narrative on no evidence?

Did the Republicans refuse to allow a 7th FBI investigation?

Did the Republicans try to force a guilty until proven innocent agenda for political gain?

I think you're exactly 180 degrees off here, and that sort of taints the rest of your opinion.

I feel strongly the Supreme Court should not have a political orientation. It should operate from an open mind, with a drive to preserve the Constitution, what little is left anyhow.

That's the whole point, and the very reason we need Constitutionalist jurists on the bench. It is the re-interpretation of the Constitution that poses the danger, not the strict interpretation as written. That should not even be a partisan thing, but unfortunately the party you give a free pass to has consistently tried to reinterpret and therefore damage the Constitution.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

OK, you're still here so what does that say about you, assuming you actually believe the excuses you're grasping for in that post?

It's only just begun, my friend. We have bonus rounds and the Grand prize round still to go.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You are right about that, and I've often said as much.

The thing is that the reason Democrats are in the position they are in right now is that they forgot what you just typed. And instead of getting back up and appealing to people, they've gone off the deep end and held witch trials at every corner.

You can't run on hatred every cycle and expect people to flock to you. You have too many enemies of the party on your list.

For example, you offer me nothing. Voting for the Democrats is a vote for my eventual destruction as the party stands now. I don't think right. I have faith. I am a married woman who has a son and the party has made it clear he, as a white male, is at the very, very bottom of their list. I care about his future and he has none in your party's world.

Why vote for that message at all?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If they take the house which I fully expect them to do then you can expect actions against him.
If they gain in the senate expect them to impeach him.

On what grounds?

He can not be impeached for something he did in high school,
nor college, nor anything in his past. Only what he does on the
SC matters now. You people need to stop fundraising off of
other peoples ignorance.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's really the bottom line. Fun versus hate. Just look at these two clips, one from a Trump rally, and the other from a Kavanaugh protest. Which one has happy people i it, and which one has angry people in it?

Being a Trump supporter is fun. We got tax breaks, we got better jobs, we got more opportunities, we have more money, and we feel a kinship to others. I can't speak from experience, but it looks like being anti-Trump is a horrible existence... you are angry all the time, everything you believe turns out to be false, the news lies to you and injects drama into your life constantly, and you stand around and scream hateful messages all day.

For the life of me, I cannot imagine why anyone would actually choose to be so miserable.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Following S.C. Justice Brett Kavanaugh's swearing-in this evening, Republican Senators began receiving DEATH THREATS ON THEIR PERSONAL CELL PHONES. It's suspected that a Democrat Senator's staff member is responsible for giving out their phone numbers.

SOURCE ARTICLE: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

If they take the house which I fully expect them to do then you can expect actions against him.

On what grounds?

He can not be impeached for something he did in high school,
nor college, nor anything in his past. Only what he does on the
SC matters now. You people need to stop fundraising off of
other peoples ignorance.

If they couldn't exploit low-information voters, there would be no Democrat party today. It's a travesty of what it used to be a few decades ago. Most of them aren't even really liberals. It's sad.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

PS These threads are really boring without liberals participating and I see fewer and fewer liberals participating these days.
Gotta be cutting into the revenue.

Any dem who has any couth has retreated from the false accusations.
The actions of the dnc over kavanaugh have guaranteed once again they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Thank you for an unprecedented generational shift on the SCOTUS.
THANK YOU DNC FOR BENDING BERNIE OVER!
THANK YOU HILLARY!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Hey don't forget all of the defending of the Constitution the left has done lol.

Jaden
edit on 7-10-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Or

No, actually it's because all of the endless pro-Trump 'libtards are stooopid, hurrrr, give me starrrrs!' nonsense has driven away everybody else who doesn't want to be part of the alt-right echo chamber that ATS has become.

It's sad, it's pathetic. But you guys can have your endless Trump circle-jerk where the 4-chan kiddies run around insulting everybody and laughing about how awesome it is to insult people.

The adults have mostly left the building.

I am singularly impressed by the amount of projecting you've managed to squeeze into this post. It's been a long time since the progressive platform has been anything but running around insulting everyone who doesn't agree with them, acting like a bunch of spoiled children and thinking conservatives are all uneducated hillbillies. That's what got you Trump. Adults are actually running the country now and making policy based on reality instead of some future utopia that doesn't exist. Keep it up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join