It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NTS The name above every name

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is just so much wrong in your OP that it would take more than one reply post to correct it.

But the most obvious is he was always the Lord, he didn't become the Lord when he finished his work. That would be agreeing with the JW's and the Mormon's that he is a little god.

Most of your errors would be corrected if you 1) read the right Bible, 2) stopped reading the writings of men, 3) let the Holy Ghost teach you, not your intellect or that of other men.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
As usual, you need to read more carefully, rather than gliding over the text rapidly.
Let me draw your attention to this paragraph in the OP, which may answer your point about the timing;

Yet perhaps this is less about becoming Lord than about being recognised as Lord.
Those who addressed him as Lord in his lifetime were recognising something about him which demanded acknowledgement.
But the presence of the resurrected Jesus evidently made this demand more strongly, so in that respect the Resurrection marked a turning-point.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian2
a reply to: whereislogic

Yes, thankfully, we don’t take everything literally...or I wouldn’t have any feet, hands or eyes!!

I was simply pointing out why Catholics do that. Most everything Catholics do have been done by those before us, traditions that go back (including the Mass) all the way to the apostles and early Christians. We hold fast to the Traditions our fathers have told us, wether by word or by epistle. (2Thess2)

You must know that you could take it Literally if you lived in the Literal earthly Kingdom where Jesus is Literally sitting on a Literal throne in the Literal land of Israel.

And for 315 years before the Catholic church showed up? I guess the church was not real until the Catholic church showed up. Did you know the word Catholic is never found in the Bible?

edit on 10-12-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
I read the whole thing, and as usual contradicts other parts of your post and the Bible. I have drawn your attention to the three gospels but do you study it? I thro not.
edit on 10-12-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join