It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Susan Collins nails it for Kavanaugh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maine Senator Susan Collins voted "YES" to the Cloture vote this morning and then gave a riveting speech on the Senate floor in favor of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

She called out all the BS from Democrats and made other great points as well.

She played along with the Strategy and said she reached her "decision" last night 😎

Democrats scrambling for the next 24 hours when the Senate will vote for Confirmation.

Guess the coat hanger shipment trick failed 😃

Threats are ramping up and security measures are in place.

One Democrat, Senator Joe Manchin says he will vote "YES" !!! 😃

Senator Lisa Murkowski (aka the Salmon from Alaska🐟) still may vote "NO" 😃

Collins: 'I will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh'

Republican Sen. Susan Collins was among the 51 "yes" votes Friday that advanced Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination to a full Senate vote later this weekend. Hours later, the Maine senator, who is one of the handful of crucial swing votes in Kavanaugh's confirmation battle, said she would vote the same way in the final floor vote. "I will vote to confirm Judge Kavanaugh," Collins said. Collins spent a good portion of her speech from the Senate floor defending Kavanaugh's record and said that Kavanaugh ought to be given the presumption of innocence and fairness.

Democrat Manchin says he’ll vote to confirm Kavanaugh

The remaining undecided Democrat, Sen. Joe Manchin, says he will support Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Those paying attention may have noticed something quite fascinating over the past week: fire, indignant and hot burning from usually reserved, almost moderate Republican Senators over this. Collins' speech today was inspired, a real gem from an unexpected source. Similarly, Lindsey Graham magically discovered testicles growing on his body over the past week and delivered by far the most blistering displays of disgust at the left I've ever seen him deliver. Even the generally mild mannered Grassley made it clear the BS games from the Democrats weren't going to be tolerated.

Even the friendliest dog can be pestered and threatened into biting and I think the Democrats found the breaking point of those usually counted as being at least reasonable, at worst friendly across the aisle. They may well have done long lasting damage to themselves here, and history may well look back at this as the moment in the American story in which the silent majority said "No more" and finally fought back against progressive escalation of normal government business into virtual societal warfare. October 2018: the month the RINOs returned to sanity.

link   
I listen to her whole speech. I like the way she called out the mainstream media narrative. But as I watched I couldn’t help but wonder if her narrative wasn’t directly aimed at Murkowski.

The lefts talking points were struck down one by one and in my opinion would make any point that Murkowski has weak and ineffectual.

Murkowski turned on the Republican Party in 2010 when she lost the primary but ran anyway and won. I think the chick is a RINO can’t be trusted .

It’s looking like we might need to come up with a acronym for Manchin’s political leanings .

So I will throw this out there hoping someone has a better one.

DINO ?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
And right on time....

House Democrat Promises Kavanaugh Investigation if Party Wins Control

😃

A member of Christine Blasey Ford’s legal team killed a popular narrative pushed by liberals claiming to have pinned down a possible date for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s alleged sexual assault of Ford.

Another witch hunt.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Susan Collins really drove home the realization that Brett Kavanaugh's nomination was almost derailed by a RUMOR!

A RUMOR!!!

A RUMOR caused the second (the first?) most powerful legislative body in the nation to consider ditching a most qualified SCOTUS candidate!!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Of course kavanaugh was always going to be nominated in the end... It was a fun little head trip to disconnect from reality and to pretend justice might prevail... But that was just a delusional fantasy.

At the end of the day, the world is run by elitist arseholes... and the majority always adhere to the status quo of their rulers.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
She didn't nail it.
She sugar coated the whole saga.
Whilst she was critical of some of the people involved in the process - e.g. the leaker of Dr Ford's letter - she stopped short of what needs to be said.
That Dr Ford is a liar.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Of course kavanaugh was always going to be nominated in the end... It was a fun little head trip to disconnect from reality and to pretend justice might prevail... But that was just a delusional fantasy.

At the end of the day, the world is run by elitist arseholes... and the majority always adhere to the status quo of their rulers.

Like you said Kav is going to be installed. Justice DID prevail. The Democrat tactic of ruining people with baseless sex accusations took a major hit today and that's great for everyone.

I guess the Democrat swine should have argued against Kavanaugh by debating and highlighting his questionable decisions (lots to choose from) instead of the horror show they instigated.

edit on 5-10-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The hammer will drop from the right places soon.

They have to play it cool until charges get filed through indictments.

The Strategy.

😎
edit on Oct-05-2018 by xuenchen because: ⚖🔑🔓

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

A very original topic for sure.

🎃🥁🎃

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Patience Grasshopper. Let's gather up all the loose livestock before we focus our attention on the handful still tied up in the barn. Ford isn't going anywhere, nor are her lies and perjury... Kavanaugh is about go somewhere and the journey is short, tomorrow, in fact, but still sensitive. Collins went about this diplomatically, there will be plenty of time for retribution and consequences after the good judge is seated and the pressing business is wrapped up.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Too funny!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yea I was just on twitter reading all the violent responses she’s getting from the tolerant left.

Good for her for not playing a part on this scam.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

That lady is amazing. That is an speech for the history of US. God bless you Susan Collins !!!

edit on 5-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
She didn't nail it.
She sugar coated the whole saga.
Whilst she was critical of some of the people involved in the process - e.g. the leaker of Dr Ford's letter - she stopped short of what needs to be said.
That Dr Ford is a liar.

But we don't know that for sure, do we?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Burden of proof is on the accuser. Unsubstantiated accusations... not sure if "liar" is directly provable, based solely on what has been made public, but in the SW part of the country she's what's called "All hat and no cattle."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join