It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Insults Female Reporter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It doesnt matter, he can do whatever he wants. If you think anything will happen dont hold your breath.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: notsure1

I'm constantly amazed by Trump's rudeness, meanness, and ignorance. Those comments were not necessary and it was condescending to women everywhere. Anyone who thinks public comments like that are normal and acceptable, then I would hate to be among their circle of friends. Making fun of people, is just plain hateful and childish! Trump' has never grown-up from being a high school bully.

People can like some of the things he's done for the country, but overall the guys a major A-hole! He's a disgrace to America's character.

I beg to differ. That "reporter" was being arrogant and disrespectful to begin with in this case. He was well within his right to call her out on it at that moment. She did not follow the protocol that was established at the start which other members of the press adhered to there. But, she felt she was "special" and those rules did not apply to her. Now, who was in the wrong? She was.

Treating this person as a heckler was justified in this case and the presidents comment applied to her, and her only! It was Not a slight on all women across the planet/ Unless. of course. her behavior ALSO applies to all women across the planet. You know,. being arrogant and disrespectful, not following the established protocols, and feeling they are so special that they can do whatever they want without repercussion.

I say, no. Her behavior, IMO, does not reflect upon all women. So, therefore. his response was not towards all women.

So, get a grip on reality and stop your incessant virtue signaling, please.
Stop being the victim and martyr, and propagating the falsehood that all women are weak and fragile creatures that can never be taken to task for their bad behavior.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Who knows what Trump meant, but he has built the idea of being a chauvinistic pervert by his own words and actions. From his own mouth, he said in an interview regarding women, "You have to treat 'em like sh**." He has called them dogs, slob, fat, disgusting animals, the grabbed by the p*ssy comment, talking about dating his own daughter. And a WHOLE lot more comments by Trump, that makes it very clear how he thinks about women.

Comments like in the OP are certainly not defensible by saying he wouldn't have possibly meant that. It's MORE like he meant exactly what he said, than not. Why do you folks insist on defending him at every turn? You think he is a great President? Great for you. Don't make him out to be some sort of saint however, it's laughable. He is a rude, egocentric, chauvinistic, nano-thin skinned cheat. While his wife was pregnant no less.

The dude if an effing creep if nothing else, can't you just admit it?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I think you will find on these boards at least that many of his supporters share his disdain for women, just look at jburns Amy shumer thread.... Its a disgrace and really shows the level this site has dropped too.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Grip on reality??? This isn't the first time Trump acted rude and arrogant. This reporter did nothing to receive that kind of rude remark. Maybe you should get a grip on reality and google the numerous times Trump has acted like an A-hole!! There's plenty of recorded video to prove that basic fact, lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Grip on reality??? This isn't the first time Trump acted rude and arrogant. This reporter did nothing to receive that kind of rude remark. Maybe you should get a grip on reality and google the numerous times Trump has acted like an A-hole!! There's plenty of recorded video to prove that basic fact, lol.

Did you, personally watch this particular presser? If not, then you are relying upon others perceptions to make your decision and form your opinion. I watched it, and I thought his response was measured and justified.

We may not agree, but at least I made up my own mind based upon actually seeing it first hand and not relying upon someone else's interpretation of the event.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I bet she makes a great sandwich though.

Why did God create females with smaller feet than men? So they can stand closer to the sink while they do the dishes.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He wasn't criticizing! He was being condescending and rude. Look up the definition for criticizing.

This isn't exactly the first time he's attacked women or made condescending remarks. Like I said to the other poster, there's enough recorded videos of Trump on YouTube proving this fact. He clearly has a history of criticizing and insulting women. Ignoring that basic fact is like ignoring the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: shooterbrody

She needs to clean the restrooms... I saw earlier today the president had a piece of toiletry stuck to his shoe and that can only mean shoddy, half-assed housekeeping on the part of the White House maids.

Hillary could've used that tp.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I saw it when it first aired. People will see anything different when it doesn't conform to their narrow way of thinking. I guess the numerous other times Trump has attacked women and men by mocking them, calling them names, belittling them, attacking their intelligence, their looks, etc... is completely alright in your book. After all, I guess in your opinion respecting people isn't something we should do in a civilized world? It's why this world is so violent and we continue to think wars are the answer. (Not to put a damper on your image of Trump, but he did say he liked war and again its recorded...google it).

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I saw it when it first aired. People will see anything different when it doesn't conform to their narrow way of thinking. I guess the numerous other times Trump has attacked women and men by mocking them, calling them names, belittling them, attacking their intelligence, their looks, etc... is completely alright in your book. After all, I guess in your opinion respecting people isn't something we should do in a civilized world? It's why this world is so violent and we continue to think wars are the answer. (Not to put a damper on your image of Trump, but he did say he liked war and again its recorded...google it).

I'm glad he makes you so upset because he is not a whining and apologetic politician. It's time we had someone that speaks his mind and is not worried about this BS polticial correctness crap. And, I think I am not alone in this viewpoint. We've been screwed too many years by your view of what a president is supposed to be and act. That being a two-faced war monger that speaks peace while sending in the drones to kill as many people as possible.

I think I can put up with a bit of arrogance and unpolished speech in exchange for not invading other countries and bombing them.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
See the propaganda in this news is easy. They put "female" in the headline when it is irrelevant. Trumps words were more of a reprimand than an insult. Telling the woman she isn't thinking and never does is directed at her personally because of her own past behavior and what she does.

This is NOT Trump insulting some woman because Trump is mean and abusive to women, as the words the writer was using is attempting to associate Trump to. Trump calls out any person man or woman in the media for those things without any regard to their genders.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I dunno. I just watched the whole thing. I seriously don't think it was a called for statement. I did not see her heckle him prior to her question. Unless this has been cut/altered, hers was the second question. He never mentioned that questions were to be centered around the trade agreement, and I don't see anything disrespectful from her.

But as always, you should decide for yourself. It is a long video so...

At 25:55 mark he says "if you have any questions we will take them after that" and then proceeds to take questions at the 31:29 mark. I just don't see anything that warrants the comment, at least not in this video. Maybe she has a history of "heckling" him?

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

These things solidify his base. The millions and millions of people who made Donald Trump the president. Only the idiots in the liberal media and Democratic Party see this as insulting a woman.

To those of us who support president Trump, that is a reporter first and foremost, who happens to be female. As long as the president is insulting a reporter, it doesn't matter if that reporter is a man, woman, gorilla....whatever. it's all good!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I think I can put up with a bit of arrogance and unpolished speech in exchange for not invading other countries and bombing them.

A bit of arrogance? He's up to his neck in arrogance! (Bullies in high school act with arrogance, but in the end they meet their match). Keep Pulling the tail of a country, they will bite back with possible unforeseen consequences.

Unpolished Speeches = Incompetency and lack of research and preparation. (That's the kind of leadership we want for a country that's sitting on the largest nuclear arsenal in the world???)

I can agree with you about not invading other countries. If America would have minded our own business, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in with the Middle East. Let other countries solve their own internal problems. It's time we stop policing the world.

However, you said Trump doesn't want to invade other countries????? He wanted to invade Venezuela!!! He also threatened to nuke North Korea! Oh that's right, Trump supporters don't read and watch the "fake news, lol."

Trump Repeatedly Suggested Venezuela Invasion, Stunning Top Aids

Tru mp's Military Option for North Korea is Not an Option

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh..ok then. As long as insulting people is all good with everyone. Just wanted to share my thoughts on the video.
We all have different perspectives I guess. Male or female, reporter or your Average Joe, I would still say the same thing. Doesn't really matter to me who they are or are not. But, again, is for you to decide..just offering a different perspective.

Thanks for the clarification!

blend

Also, it would be silly for me not to want our President to be successful. If he isn't successful, my country, my family, and myself are not successful either. But, I don't see any call for the comment. Again, unless this is an edited version, I don't understand why it was made.
edit on 6-10-2018 by blend57 because: included an additional thought.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'm constantly amazed by Trump's rudeness, meanness, and ignorance. Those comments were not necessary and it was condescending to women everywhere. Anyone who thinks public comments like that are normal and acceptable, then I would hate to be among their circle of friends. Making fun of people, is just plain hateful and childish! Trump' has never grown-up from being a high school bully.

People can like some of the things he's done for the country, but overall the guys a major A-hole! He's a disgrace to America's character.

How is a comment directed at one stupid reporter condescending to women everywhere.

What a ludicrous thing to say.

You thinking that a specific comment directed at a specific woman demeans all women is fairly sexist thinking in and of itself.

edit on 6-10-2018 by Carcharadon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Who knows what Trump meant, but he has built the idea of being a chauvinistic pervert by his own words and actions. From his own mouth, he said in an interview regarding women, "You have to treat 'em like sh**." He has called them dogs, slob, fat, disgusting animals, the grabbed by the p*ssy comment, talking about dating his own daughter. And a WHOLE lot more comments by Trump, that makes it very clear how he thinks about women.

Comments like in the OP are certainly not defensible by saying he wouldn't have possibly meant that. It's MORE like he meant exactly what he said, than not. Why do you folks insist on defending him at every turn? You think he is a great President? Great for you. Don't make him out to be some sort of saint however, it's laughable. He is a rude, egocentric, chauvinistic, nano-thin skinned cheat. While his wife was pregnant no less.

The dude if an effing creep if nothing else, can't you just admit it?

He called Rosie O'Donnel a slob, fat, a dog and disgusting. Which is all true. Stop peddling the lie that that particular comment was about all women. It wasn't so stop lying about it. It's easily researched and to continue peddling hat nonsense is just as moronic as the claim that he was mocking a disabled reporter.

As to the reporter thing, she disregarded the protocols in place that only questions would be asked about the trade deal to begin with. She was the only one that thought she was special enough to disregard the protocols. And she got slapped down for it, like a Male reporter would have been. That's equality so stop white knighting.

And if you did any research or watched the press conference you would have seen that when they were done with the trade deal questions she was the FIRST reporter he went to.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

He wasn't criticizing! He was being condescending and rude. Look up the definition for criticizing.

This isn't exactly the first time he's attacked women or made condescending remarks. Like I said to the other poster, there's enough recorded videos of Trump on YouTube proving this fact. He clearly has a history of criticizing and insulting women. Ignoring that basic fact is like ignoring the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

800lb gorilla in the room? Who invited Rosie O'donnell?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join