It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh stuff is making me want to vote Republician.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The last presidential vote i cast was for Perot. I was 19 at the time.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Well....... I will respect that, but I think you are better served voting in some form, even if it ends up in reality 'pitching a bitch' and voting against.

I never said I don't vote, I just don't vote for Republicans or Democrats.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You sneaky devil ....lola reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I am saying that the left and right have mentality thinkin that their side can never do wrong. That is brainwashing in my opinion.

Then why vote for either?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I too voted for Perot, as did my parents and brother.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am saying that the left and right have mentality thinkin that their side can never do wrong. That is brainwashing in my opinion.

Because I hate the green party and if you don't vote for dem or rep you are basically throwing your vote away.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

To be honest, I don't know how these protesters haven't ran every human being with an ounce of couth to the middle or right. They're out there screaming and angrier than they were when Trump was elected, because they think Kav is too angry for the SCoTUS. More and more repulsive they become with each protest. Then to top it off, they were chanting "We believe Christine Ford, we believe Anita Hill" over and over. I guess these rejects are ignorant enough to still believe "hands up don't shoot" too. It's embarrassing to think that other countries see this type of idiocy happening all over the greatest, most powerful country in the world. It wreaks of weakness.

Oh well, that Republican Senator said it best when he shooed those hags away and they shouted "You don't wave your hand at me, I wave MY hand at YOU!"

Grow up.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I vote for the person least likely to assault me at a restaurant because they disagree with me.

Also the person least likely to put their personal or party objectives ahead of what is best for the country.

If it takes violence and intimidation to get your way, then really I would prefer you don't.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Because I hate the green party and if you don't vote for dem or rep you are basically throwing your vote away.

That thinking is why we are in the mess we presently find ourselves.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So the GOP forcing through a nominee that is a terrible pick even if you look beyond the sexual assault allegations gives you no pause but the DEMS for bringing up a (as many on the GOP said) credible witness to Kavanaugh's past is over the line?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Those women who said "you do talk to women that way" to the senator in the elevator just grinded my gears. Who do they think they are royalty? Weird day are afoot.

You don't wave your hand at me, I wave MY hand at YOU!

The feminist hate is out of control. And too damn ignorant to understand that demands like that will never be met. I'd also like to know what they think they'll accomplish by protesting and screaming at the Senators who don't agree with them. They're not going to be bullied into changing their minds. Nobody other than the hags surrounding them take them serious.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The parties keep focusing on what is wrong in their opposition instead of themselves - which leads to extremism fueling more extremism. If we are going to fix the problems we are facing as a society and reclaim this country then our politics will need to be rebooted from the center, not the abyss.

The left can't get the idea out of their head that they need to move further to the extreme to realize their perfect idealistic society and they have the audacity to call it progressivism when it is anything but. Perfection is the enemy of progress.

All the while the ossified right seems content with stagnation even though they just had their entire party usurped by an orange, reality TV buffoon. If Donald Trump leading your party isn't a clear sign you need to escape the political quicksand your party is mired in then I don't know what is.

That being said, in 2020 I might just do something I told myself I would never do - vote for Donald Trump. The reason is simple. The left has taken off in a rocket ship for cloud cuckoo land and aren't coming back anytime soon. And I'm seeing some positive indicators that a new right is forming toward the center that is more classically liberal than socially conservative.

The thinking is that the right can simultaneously learn from the mistake that is Trump and also use him as a bull in the china shop to help effectually stave off the illiberal left at the same time. My hope is this will create a bubble in the middle that allows a more classically liberal republican and a rational, moderate democrat to merge and eventually restore order to the land.
edit on 5-10-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I will vote just not for Democrats but the far left and the far right are brainwashed... I m just sick of it all.

I'm not really following that.

Well, how many protests do you see from right wingers? We understand that people have different opinions and while we don't agree, we don't intervene. Left wingers intervene to opposing opinions because they can't handle someone with opposing views.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I voted for Bush II when I was 21 and 25, and Trump when I was 37.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

No single candidate that ran for president this last time could have or would have done what Trump has done so far. He pulled right, middle, and left votes because he criticized all politicians.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Terrible to you? There's a difference. Go look at his decisions for the past 28 years and then tell us how you really feel instead of listening to the toxic charade going on today.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It's refreshing to see someone that has the humility to change their mind when evidence proves that an old choice may no longer be valid. I did the same thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Well, that will help things. When you get disgusted enough to actually not vote for either party then we've truly made some progress.

I used to feel that way, in fact I felt that way most of my life. I have finally figured out that I need to deal with what is in front of me. If I can change it, I should, but no participation is not the answer either.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
So the GOP forcing through a nominee that is a terrible pick even if you look beyond the sexual assault allegations gives you no pause but the DEMS for bringing up a (as many on the GOP said) credible witness to Kavanaugh's past is over the line?

Just curious, would you have convicted Kavenaugh if you were on a jury for this case? Would you be willing to ruin someone's career and reputation based on one woman's unsubstantiated, vague accusation from 35 years ago?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I've been too disgusted to vote for either party my whole life.
But the leftists have come unhinged. They're now an actual danger to the country. So for the first time ever I will be voting against them.

Username checks out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join