It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video on anti-gravity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And here is the main problem.

One flashy video that mixes things that are potentially correct with things that are not and presents them the same. Much of these theories are somewhat baseless and haven't been proven or shown to work. Rotating super conducting magnets has long since been believed to give an anti-gravity effect and there are a few people who will tell you they have done the experiment.

The issue is that no one else has observed it, and even when said scientists where invited by other universities to rebuild and perform the experiments again, they simply didn't work.

The other issue is that process of feasability also "We might have observed what could be frame dragging, around super compact objects... so all we need to do is generate something the same and make it spin at near the speed of light... and then... and then... and then..." forgetting that the first statement is so utterly absurd its really not worth the mental expenditure thinking up the rest of the plan.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The "super fluids rotating at high speeds" got its start with the Nazi Bell. I believe that the claim was pressurized mercury. The next big time news was the "Podkletnov effect" where super fluid helium and a superconducting magnet combined to somehow give the effect of lessening gravity above the device. It was never recreated and things got really ugly.

I always thought, "superfluid helium is pretty strange on its own. Why not use that instead of mercury and at superfluid temperatures?" At the very least, create a baseline by rotating the stuff around in a jar under controlled lab conditions. My thought being, that IF there is some carrier of gravity (so called, gravitons) that can be delayed or deflected, you should be able to see some effect.

It would not be "anti gravity" but more of a "gravity shield" if there is such an effect.

Great, now I am going to be "disappeared"!! lol!!

Thanks for the video and strange thoughts on rainy days!!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ICorrect is not. Anti-gravity, or negative gravity space, or dark energy, are merely the outside range of line which form the acute corners of the rotating four-dimensional ball that we call our universe. Centrafugal effect presses Mas outward, stretching objects apart at of surface level our universe.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Tune the drive right and you can actually gravity mass driver yourself lol...

It'd likely be exciting and result in hilariously high g loads. But if you have working AG it's likely survivable/possible to build a craft that'd hold together.

That's why i get interested when i hear about roughly football/von karman shaped weirdness flying around.

Because that's sort of the obvious shape you'd work.

That said, if you have anti g you're likely not far from super g emitters too. Then you get push me pull u type excitement becoming a real possibility.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

I thought ESA had hard evidence of artificially induced frame dragging?
edit on 13-10-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

Frame dragging is absolutely a real effect of relativity.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: roguetechie

Frame dragging is absolutely a real effect of relativity.

As far as I am aware... not artificially produced frame dragging no. There have been theories and on paper models but nothing has ever conclusively been produced and demonstrated to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join