It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video on anti-gravity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This video was uploaded a few days ago and it's quite well made in my opinion, one of the more serious videos concerning anti-gravity. It looks at one way it could theoretically be done. What I find interesting is that many years ago I recall reading about theories involving super fluids rotating at high speed but I didn't really see why that would work, but apparently something like that would work due to frame-dragging and other relativistic effects. I believe the main issue would be energy requirements but it has been repeatedly demonstrated how clever designs can drastically reduce the energy costs. Also lots of other really interesting videos on this channel concerning exotic propulsion mechanisms.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A few of the other videos from this channel:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
"antigravity" doesn't seem to have much utility outside a terrestrial environment. That's why it seems superfluous on a spacecraft.

One can achieve a similar effect with ancient technology...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
you need to first work out the equation that describes mass in terms of volume and frequency.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
"antigravity" doesn't seem to have much utility outside a terrestrial environment. That's why it seems superfluous on a spacecraft.

I agree it probably wouldn't be very useful for deep space travel, but I still want hover boards dammit!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Gonna give this/these a watch😊

Off topic and relevant.
I feel like I haven't seen you in almost exactly one year. πŸ€—πŸ‘β­

Edit: yep by 5 days... where have ya been. πŸ‘ welcome back.😊
edit on 4-10-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: FlyingFox

I agree it probably wouldn't be very useful for deep space travel, but I still want hover boards dammit!
actually more of a henderence for long distance space travel as you can’t use gravity β€œslingshot” boosts.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Gonna watch the video, but I still think the Alcubierre Drive is the most realistic version of us traveling really fast

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Off topic and relevant.

Hey stalker I’m disappointed you didn’t show up in my thread on the 7 LEOs shot serving a warrant in SC.πŸ˜”

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Gonna watch the video, but I still think the Alcubierre Drive is the most realistic version of us traveling really fast

It’s mentioned in the vid.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Didn't go anywhere, have posted quite a few threads over the last year but a lot of them were political so you might have skipped over them.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

While a particular senator lee posted on twitittitter that she was humble saddened by the event.. cops weee killed.

Sheila ..... πŸ˜‘

No actually I completely missed it.
Do you mind giving me a link..😐

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

a reply to: BigDave-AR

While a particular senator lee posted on twitittitter that she was humble saddened by the event.. cops weee killed.

Sheila ..... πŸ˜‘

No actually I completely missed it.
Do you mind giving me a link..😐

There ya go big buddy I’ll forgive ya this time.😜
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hoping some more sane people would hop into displace the political and anti-Leo BS in there.
ETA- Actually a good little channel thanks OP for the heads up I’m pursuing them now.
edit on 10/5/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I think he has a screw loose to keep talking about the high energy density of the vacuum, when we measure it to be very low. This article talks about the "naive" interpretations of theory, versus realistic measurements.

What's the Energy Density of the Vacuum?

We can measure the energy density of the vacuum through astronomical observations that determine the curvature of spacetime. All the measurements that have been done agree that the energy density is VERY CLOSE TO ZERO.
Yet the guy in your video keeps talking about how huge it is, he seems clueless, or to use the verbiage in the linked article, "naive".

edit on 2018105 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I believe there is more than one person involved with making these videos and I wouldn't say they are naive, also they are trying to explain advanced concepts developed by theorists and that isn't easy. However that part of the video where he mentioned the quote about the high density of the vacuum energy was a bit misleading, the density is rather low but if you consider large volumes of space then the overall energy becomes considerably large, so large in fact that if vacuum energy was responsible for expansion the universe would be expanding much faster, which leads to the cosmological constant problem / vacuum catastrophe. Having said that I don't really see how vacuum energy needs to play any role in the process for creating anti-gravity, it's just a more theoretical approach based on a paper by Musha.
edit on 5/10/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

If you haven’t heard of Isaac Arthur then checkout his channel! It is right up your ally.

I got my YouTube ready to go and I’m going start right now giving the ones in your OP a watch.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Black Hole exploration.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Off topic and relevant.

These are the things that long long ago fuelled my imagination. I love threads like these.
Thanks CO. You're the change that is needed around here.

And... my first thought too, BB, was the same as yours. But I've only been here a short time. So I must be confused.

edit on 5-10-2018 by Parishna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Saving to watch later. Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I believe there is more than one person involved with making these videos and I wouldn't say they are naive, also they are trying to explain advanced concepts developed by theorists and that isn't easy.

And yet they get it wrong and help spreading misconceptions.

If only they would have asked one of those theorists, or any scientist working in the specific field, before making the video, to make sure they get it right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join