It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unactivated Phone Without Number and The Presidential Alert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I saw a post tonight from the crazy Mcaffee guy that says the alert means the government has access to a certain chip, which means

they have access to your phone's microphone, camera, etc etc.

Which sparks my curiosity since, as the title says, I have an unactivated phone, with no phone number, that received the message yesterday.

How are they doing this?

...and does it mean they have access to EVERYTHING ?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you can make 911 calls on an inactivated phone. So that might be the case. The 911 chip?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That is prolly just the tip of the ice burg at what they can do. idk what but I am sure it includes something that is yet to be discovered by mainstream science.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I'm pretty sure you can make 911 calls on an inactivated phone. So that might be the case. The 911 chip?

Yes, any phone that is powered up is still capable of an emergency 911 call. If the alerts operate on that chip, it does not need to be active, just powered up and connected to the cellular network.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The Mcaffee guy said it was the E 911 chip.

Maybe he's not so crazy after all.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

We've known the NSA has access to all communication and is recording a vast majority of not all.

I have had my number for 5+ years, didn't get the presidential message.

It was honestly kind of a snafu on their part that so many didn't.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

His software is well known to be some of the most bloated and system hogging of all the av software/suits.

That aside, I dont trust anyone of the big tech companies. I'm sure hes right, but he shouldn't pretend he probably hasn't been at the forefront of mining data from personal PCs through his "protection" software.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wonder if the alert was keyed off that Chinese spy chip? You know the one that's been in the news?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I never got the text. My wife got it on hers but I didnt get one on mine
edit on 4-10-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Anyone else not get a notification?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Poor reception might be the culprit.

If anyone didnt get it, are you rural? An area you normally have spotty reception? Etc?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Was the phone connected to WiFi?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

His software is well known to be some of the most bloated and system hogging of all the av software/suits.

That aside, I dont trust anyone of the big tech companies. I'm sure hes right, but he shouldn't pretend he probably hasn't been at the forefront of mining data from personal PCs through his "protection" software.

It hasn’t been his software for quite a while he’s got zip to do with cyber security this days...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I got the alert on my active phone as well as my inactive phone that is connected to wifi.
I assumed it was for the reasons stated above. I know that I can still call 911 on the inactive phone if needed.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

It hasn’t been his software for quite a while he’s got zip to do with cyber security this days...

Well, maybe hes trying to repent?

Got a long way to go then.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

If anyone didnt get it, are you rural? An area you normally have spotty reception? Etc?

Nope. There is a cell tower less than half a mile from my house.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Nope. There is a cell tower less than half a mile from my house.

Well, obviously you're on the "list".

Sorry to hear that.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I got the alert on my active phone as well as my inactive phone that is connected to wifi.
I assumed it was for the reasons stated above. I know that I can still call 911 on the inactive phone if needed.

I have posted previously....I have my real job in broadcasting. These tests were Obama administration directives. This was the 1st national tests with cellphones. Trust me, within 5 years...2 is my bet, they will hit ALL electronic devices. Even laptops and towers.

edit on 4-10-2018 by theatreboy because: I can not spell

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That would be amusing I have a Chinese smart phone and did not get the alert and my wifes galaxy did we were in Norman Oklahoma.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Just wondering because it said that a good percentage (can't recall exactly) had them, but not all.

Doesn't mean the chip itself was the cause, but perhaps it was a way of figuring out which ones did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join