It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to enter America Illegally?? I Love Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ok, so on a local radio station here in L.A. they were talking about a brochure given out for free by the Mexican consulate that gives advice about immigrating to the US. Today I got ahold of the english translation of it, and, well look for yourself folks.

www.amren.com...

www.theamericanresistance.com...

Notice how they give a one liner about the "sure way" to enter a country, then proceed to walk the potential illegal through his/her journey to the US. This just makes me so mad. We need to do something about this immigration problem NOW. Out here in So. Cal. the problem is horrible, and our state is struggling because of this burden. Identity theft is on the rise because illegals need social security #'s to get jobs, and our jails/hospitals/schools are on the verge of collapse.

Oh, and this guide may be handy for terrorists who want to slip into the US unnoticed as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I used to work on this farm as a summer job and they had a few Mexican workers there helping out. All of them were illegal immigrants. After the harvest that year the big boss had a bbq and he told me as a joke that some of the Mexicans were going back to their country to see their relatives and they promised that they'll be back next year for the harvest. And as they promised, when I returned next summer, they were all there and one of them even brought his 17 years-old son with him to earn some extra cash...

Is it that easy to enter US illegally from Mexico? Has anybody here actually tried to sneak into Mexico and back?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
when DNS takes a busload back the illegals are usually back in San Deigo
before the DNS bus is. or that is how it used to be.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedHare
Is it that easy to enter US illegally from Mexico? Has anybody here actually tried to sneak into Mexico and back?

Yes it is easy. If you don't have a passport and are afraid of currents in the river you can go to east side of the texas/mexican border. The ocean at that point is only knee deep for at least a hundred yards out. You can easily walk across the border at that point. The river isn't too bad where it meets the ocean either.

But you better have someone waiting for you on the other side because there is nothing for 10 miles. Last time I was there anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Thats some joke,man give me a badge and the right of authority Imma do something about this, really we all need to something we can't let that go on come on alot of us folks are jobless because of them bastards!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
the Mexican consulates offer more info than that. if an illegal is deported the consulates will advise them on which regions of the country are the safest i.e. the least immigration workers. I have talked to many illegals in my area and the story is always the same. none of them ever thought about coming to Alabama until they were advised that this area was a "safe zone" for them! if nothing else we should plant a flag over there & tax every one of them!

SMR

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
when DNS takes a busload back the illegals are usually back in San Deigo
before the DNS bus is. or that is how it used to be.

Still is.
Big problem here.
Some need to realize though.Are you willing to do the jobs they do?Many Americans are lazy and wouldnt be caught dead working in a field.Working at a fast food joint.Too cool for that,let the mexicans have that work.

Many of the jobs they take are ones Americans arent willing to do at all.If they dont do it,who does it?

Just food for thought

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I don't think Americans are that lazy.

But what we can do, is offer these jobs to people who recieve social welfare. They can work full/part time at these positions, to help supplement what they are recieving from the government.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
you don't have to "sneak" into mexico, they let you in, but if you wanted to, i know exactly where you can, not saying here, though.

there is a long stretch where you can walk back and forth across the border for miles with not another soul in sight, except maybe a coyote or drug traffickers.

something needs to seriously be done about this, but the problem is, do we want to have our taxes increased in order to pay for it? i say we do "Minutemen" across the north and the south and in boats on the east and west and the gulf. then we can start taking our security back in our own hands.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq
I don't think Americans are that lazy.

But what we can do, is offer these jobs to people who recieve social welfare. They can work full/part time at these positions, to help supplement what they are recieving from the government.

Now this idea I like but to take it even further. If we could also slap on mandatory monthly drug testing for all welfare recipients then we might start getting somewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
MY thought has always been very simple. Shoot on contact. Post some national gaurd or border patrol agents along the border at random spots with orders to shoot on contact if they come over the border say by 500 yards. After the first person is shot dead, this would reverberate back to mexico and make alot of the people who are thinking of crossing, think twice about it. We can have big signs too that say PELIGRIO!!! real big, and then have some sort of picture of a rifle and a dead immigrant.

I don't know, but I have a feeling after the first couple people get shot dead, the flow will decrease DRAMATICALLY.

SMR

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah,thats a way to solve things

You located on Ruby Ridge somewhere?
Whats even more disturbing is the fact that it could very well be a child that is shot DEAD just trying to make his life better.

Your post has to be THEE stupidest I have read on this messageboard.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, what a shame. What if people enter America illegally?.

What would be the harm? Anyway I think the matter needs more thinking into rather than just shooting harmless folk, who probablly are trying to get a better life somewhere else. I would of thought the nearest place for illegals would be Amercia.

Dont get me wrong, you do get your bad apples!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by javarex
MY thought has always been very simple. Shoot on contact...

I don't know, but I have a feeling after the first couple people get shot dead, the flow will decrease DRAMATICALLY.

Hmm Hmm... as well of decreasing the flow, you get armed people smuggling operations that will protect the immigrants... then you have all out skirmishes on the border... sure less will make it through, but those who do try will be more dangerous than just a couple of poor mexicans who are looking for a better life...

Why dont you r=try to solve the problem not the sympton... figure out why they want in the USA and address the issue... work with the mexican government to make the country better to live in so that people dont want to smuggle across the border...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The shooting people part was a little drastic, I will concede that. Now on to some of your points. SpecialasianX, why is it the responsibility of the US to try and FIX the problem that is causing illegal immigration. Vincente Fox has stated that he wants there to be no borders all the way from mexico through to canada. Some sort of free worker zone. I think they have something like this in Europe (not to sure). So basically he doesn't want to fix his country's problems, he wants to unload them upon the USA and Canada. Instead of creating a thriving free-market economy, which is possible with the huge labor force, they choose to hardly educate their citizens and this perpetuates a cycle of poverty.

I understand WHY people come here, we are the greatest country on earth, with the highest quality of life, and TONS OF JOBS. It is a no brainer to a mexican immigrant. Unfortunately we can't just take these workers for free, they cost lots of money. Their children need to go to public schools, so we need bi-lingual education ($$$$$$$$$$$), they need health care but can't afford insurance so they swamp our county hospitals and BANKRUPT THEM, and they need a social security card in order to get a job here. SO THEY STEAL SSN# from upstanding people like you and I. Not only that, they destroy the neighborhoods they move into, because this isn't their home. This is a temporary stop while they work for the summer, then they leave. Meanwhile the areas the illegals move into look like Tijuana (San Fernando, CA from personal experience).

I can go on and on about why they should not be here, and you can come back to the same point about how they are looking for a better life. Both points are valid, but since I am a US citizen, and I want my state (CA) to not be bankrupted by this massive illegal problem, I say KEEP THEM OUT ANY WAY POSSIBLE.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by javarex

I understand WHY people come here, we are the greatest country on earth, with the highest quality of life....,

I like to believe that was sarcastic...

Anyway, I think there is a general misconception here. many make it sound like "we can't control the clandestines traffic" and what could be done for it.

You guys don't seriously think we are trying, right? I mean, the US Government, above all "this" goverrnment does not give a damn about illegal immigrants. They should, but they don't, like many other things.

I live in South Florida and have known many hispanics to came here illegally. They used to go through rough adventures, riding rivers on board of a tire, now it got easier; especially those entering apart of Texas where the US patrols easily close their eyes for some cash.

And don't think for a second Washington does not know about it. They just don't care.

Someone here said "we don't want to have our taxes increased" I believe referring to more costs involved in stopping this traffic. But there should not be any extra tax. Actually we are already paying taxes for that and we also have the human forces to counter that traffic. Fact is the "human forces" don't operate as they should. Some because they are bought, some because they don't care and nobody in Washington cares about checking on those things. They are too busy with their Middle-East businesses and don't have enough time/will to bother with internal, domestic problems.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666

something needs to seriously be done about this, but the problem is, do we want to have our taxes increased in order to pay for it? i say we do

are your taxes not already increased to deal with illegals?
I recall reading an article with regard to Arizona and the medical bills of illegals having to be payed by the state (that is to say taxpayers)....
Would it not then just be a matter of diverting?

SMR

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Kinda funny if you think about it.
They come here,they are illegal.We go there,we are regular people spending money up the wazoo.Partying all night.Buying pottery,rugs,ninja stars and firecrackers.
Why is it that we can come and go as we please THERE,but they cant do so here?
They come here to work,and to be honest,most go back after a week of work.Come back on Monday.
Who here would bend over all day picking berries,,,anyone?
No,you rather sit in your cubical playing minesweep and taking lunch at TOGO's

Im not saying let everyone come here.Im simply saying most that cross are doing so to get better work for more money than they can recieve in Mexico.They do the jobs that most Americans will not do!
Think about it,next Valentines day,when ya give your sweetheart those chocolate covered strawberries,remember how you got them.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Kinda funny if you think about it.
They come here,they are illegal.We go there,we are regular people spending money up the wazoo.Partying all night.Buying pottery,rugs,ninja stars and firecrackers.
Why is it that we can come and go as we please THERE,but they cant do so here?
They come here to work,and to be honest,most go back after a week of work.Come back on Monday.
Who here would bend over all day picking berries,,,anyone?
No,you rather sit in your cubical playing minesweep and taking lunch at TOGO's

Im not saying let everyone come here.Im simply saying most that cross are doing so to get better work for more money than they can recieve in Mexico.They do the jobs that most Americans will not do!
Think about it,next Valentines day,when ya give your sweetheart those chocolate covered strawberries,remember how you got them.

I don't care what they do when they come here. They should not come illegally. So, either we decide to give a free Visa to all of them, let them come in, take their fingerprints, check background etc.. and let them work, or we decide where it stops.

I have nothing against Mexicans or any hispanic or other race. I have everything against clandestine, unregulated traffic.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
WHOA! In that pamflet the mention your rights to a lawyer...I'm a little confused with this picture next to that passage. It almost reminds me of a bad sitcom...By day, she is a lawyer, by night, a stripper.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join