It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am an Independent, Impartial Judge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Judge Kavanaugh has published an Op-ed in the WSJ. Here is what he had to say...

I Am an Independent, Impartial Judge
Yes, I was emotional last Thursday. I hope everyone can understand I was there as a son, husband and dad.

I was deeply honored to stand at the White House July 9 with my wife, Ashley, and my daughters, Margaret and Liza, to accept President Trump’s nomination to succeed my former boss and mentor, Justice Anthony Kennedy, on the Supreme Court. My mom, Martha—one of the first women to serve as a Maryland prosecutor and trial judge, and my inspiration to become a lawyer—sat in the audience with my dad, Ed.

That night, I told the American people who I am and what I believe. I talked about my 28-year career as a lawyer, almost all of which has been in public service. I talked about my 12 years as a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, often called the second most important court in the country, and my five years of service in the White House for President George W. Bush. I talked about my long record of advancing and promoting women, including as a judge—a majority of my 48 law clerks have been women—and as a longtime coach of girls’ basketball teams.

As I explained that night, a good judge must be an umpire—a neutral and impartial arbiter who favors no political party, litigant or policy. As Justice Kennedy has stated, judges do not make decisions to reach a preferred result. Judges make decisions because the law and the Constitution compel the result. Over the past 12 years, I have ruled sometimes for the prosecution and sometimes for criminal defendants, sometimes for workers and sometimes for businesses, sometimes for environmentalists and sometimes for coal miners. In each case, I have followed the law. I do not decide cases based on personal or policy preferences. I am not a pro-plaintiff or pro-defendant judge. I am not a pro-prosecution or pro-defense judge. I am a pro-law judge.

In my view, his only mistake WAS mentioning the Clintons. Of course, they have history, so it's not surprising he went there.

In any event, this is an interesting move on his part.

Anyone's guess where this goes... Still not sure he has the votes.
edit on 4-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
History (soon to be history) might prove Kavanaugh's "Clinton" statement to be gold.

😎

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

His judicial history has never been in question. Which is interesting.

They had to go personal, the LAP People. (Leftist Authoritarian Party)

They could find nothing wrong with his rulings.

Isn't that what he's supposed to do?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Respectfully suggest a title adjustment to: Brett Kavanaugh Says - I Am an Independent Impartial Judge.

Thank-you for finding and sharing this important Op-Ed from our next Supreme Court Justice. He's obviously humble and empathic.

S&F!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Still he is An authoritarian, not the kinda guy I would have thought you would support...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: DBCowboy

Still he is An authoritarian, not the kinda guy I would have thought you would support...

Nice claim.

Back it up.

How is this Constitutional judge authoritarian?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Oh! Independent, impartial and humble! Sorry, too little too late.

That night, I told the American people who I am and what I believe.

He told us who he was last Thursday alright. When someone tells you who they are, believe them the first time.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I talked about my 28-year career as a lawyer, almost all of which has been in public service.

That right there tells me much about his character and sense of duty . With his education and abilities, he could’ve made millions and would probably have a law firm with his name on a building .

Instead he chose to be a patriot and serve our country .

We are lucky to have him .

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Don't worry, "Dr Ford" is writing a new paper that uses the best techniques in psychoanalysis and lie detector mythology.

😃

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We need closure, and a vote. The left seem to have nothing, but endeavor to scar someone if they can't defeat them. I hope they will be held accountable.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Don't worry, "Dr Ford" is writing a new paper that uses the best techniques in psychoanalysis and lie detector mythology.
😃

She needs to write: How My Lawyers Took All My GoFundMe money and dropped me like a hot potato. Boo-Hoo.

Maybe in 6 months, she'll write a "tell all" about how Feinstein and her Attorneys forced her to make up false accusations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. She'd make at least $1million.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Oh! Independent, impartial and humble! Sorry, too little too late.

That night, I told the American people who I am and what I believe.

He told us who he was last Thursday alright. When someone tells you who they are, believe them the first time.

Yes he showed us he was a man who was rightfully emotional about his family being attacked and believing death threats, and his name being smeared forever due to the partisan weaponization of sexual assault claims that will ruin his name forever.

He showed us he had righteous indignation that was totally appropriate.

meanwhile all of you people saying he is too partisan have absolutely nothing to say about Justice Ginsburgs partisan attacks on Trump.

Once more showing your double standards.
edit on 4-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The funniest part of all this is that the Democrats claim his behavior reflected an inability to remain impartial, yet this whole debacle has been anything but impartial. The hypocrisy of these DC elitists knows no bounds. It is truly amusing.

A2D

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'll take Brett Kavanugh over snip hats like this any day.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

😃

I'll be waiting with baited breath for your thread on it!

/s

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

The funniest part of all this is that the Democrats claim his behavior reflected an inability to remain impartial,

It wasn't his behavior. It was his words.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The funniest part of all this is that the Democrats claim his behavior reflected an inability to remain impartial,

So the truth hurts?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I'll take Brett Kavanugh over snip hats like this any day.

www.breitbart.com...

Trump has forced many embedded worms to crawl from the wood baseboards.

The one in that article looks like a new batch.

😎

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

But whatabout the new term: judicial temperament ?

🥁

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

😃

Shouldn't be too hard for her:

Left wing academics expose the left wing fake academic research engine

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join