It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Peter Jennings Reads An ATS Post on The Daily Show

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Perhaps it won't actually effect us. However it is proof that we affect the mainstream media. That is satisfaction enough. It's a real testament to the fact that we have some great members here on ATS. Congrats to Dr. Love on getting a post aired on TV.

Anyhow seing as this is the second known incident in which ATS has had an effect on mainstream it's proof that were not the typical bunch of conspiracy theorists.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Well, I know some won't be happy because no one came right out and said that our government has been in league with aliens, but as far as the average mindset "UFOs are real, but they may or may not be alien in nature," I think it was an excellent special. I think they gave an excellent accounting from both sides of the coin, and while counterpoints were offered, Jennings didn't attempt to debunk anything.

Some things I agreed with in the program:

• Most "Alien Abduction" stories that start in bed are most likely a case of sleep paralysis, eyes open, and a vivid waking dream. It also got me started rethinking about Shadow People, and how similar the accounts were.

• Project Blue Book is a joke, has always been a joke, and would be completely useless even if revealed in full, except perhaps the photographs and documentation.

• SETI has a better chance of finding alien life than UFOlogists.

• Many people in the government lied about many somethings, regarding UFOs, but it's not proof that we've been visited by aliens. It's only proof that they lied...about something.

• The Black Triangle sitings are really really creepy.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I missed it
By any chance will it be available online in any form?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As far as Peter Jennings reading my post on the Daily Show, I was relieved. The way some people who saw the original broadcast made it seem, I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was. I think Jennings read it with an unexpected amount of integrity, even when he paused at "shadow government", and I was surprised that there weren't a whole lot of laughs coming from the crowd after he finished. John Stewart hardly commented on it, much less slam it in any way. All in all, I appreciate the way Jennings handled it.

I wish I could say that this was my fifteen minutes (well really one minute) of fame, but I got nothing out of it just like ATS did. The only people that know about it other than the ATS crew are the people that are close to me, and you know what, that's good enough for me. I'll get it on DVD and have something to show my kids when they grow up. They'll get more of a kick out of my username being "Dr Love" than they will from Peter Jennings reading my post on national TV anyways.

I still think I came real close to hitting the nail square on the head, and I think Peter Jennings knows now that somebody, somewhere is going to see the real truth.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Regardless of what you think Dr. love you are our ATS celebrity as now so enjoy the attention.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I missed it
By any chance will it be available online in any form?

I posted it on page two of this thread.

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I've uploaded a 5MB copy of the Peter Jennings, Daily Show interview at yousendit.

The link is only temporary and will go dead after a few downloads so get it while you can (send me a U2U if it goes dead and you still need a copy):

s29.yousendit.com...

Here's the streaming version from Comedy Central if you don't need an offline copy:
2005-02-23 Peter Jennings on UFO's (Daily Show).wmv

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It has takem me a few day's to get back to this site, as well as taking the time to review everyone's insight... I must say, I was incorrect to some extent, of what I thought Jenning's position might of been (guilty of listening to someome all ready viewed opinion.) That said, I would presume the fact that he left us with this, A chance to view our exsistence differently. He left it to the viewers's wonderment! That was a good move. I should say, as a Network of information, he took a chance!
The rest is up to us! ( I love it when I can be wrong... I learn...) Thank you
everyone for your well thought out belief!
Let's hope now that his Son we take the same creed as his father...
No need to look any further.... It take's intigruty.
O-Yes, if I have offended anyone that happen's to be a part of World New's/ Profession on this site, What could you expect? I will alway's question what you have to Say (reporting with your Finger's/ Lip's silenced) at time's. It's not your fault! It's all of our's if we don't see beyound a padded discloser as a result of restrictions in your field!

In this case, it was a little over the Top... Good Form!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It was just a blog, was it not? I didnt see or hear and relation to ATS?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join