It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man roundhouse-kicks pro-life woman

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Toron to police arrest Jordan Hunt, man who roundhouse kicked pro-life woman, Marie-Claire Bissonnette

Hunt, who turned himself in, is charged with eight counts of assault and seven counts of mischief. He appeared in court at Old City Hall Saturday morning for a bail hearing.

Hunt has also been identified as the man who knocked over a sign and argued with pro-life demonstrators last summer in a video filmed by Canadian Centre for Bioethical Reform (CCBR).

Hunt lost his contract at Noble Studio 101, which posted a statement on Wednesday that “We don’t condone his actions and he has been let go.”

“We’re four strong women here,” a studio representative told LifeSiteNews. “We don’t condone any kind of violence… He won’t be stepping his foot through the door again.”

'nough said.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

how does 1 assault get you 8 charges?

Hunt, who turned himself in, is charged with eight counts of assault and seven counts of mischief

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Hunt, who turned himself in, is charged with eight counts of assault and seven counts of mischief

My guess would be prior incidents. The story makes it sound as if it knows of at least one more where he knocked over a sign.

Judging by his actions in this video I'd say I wouldn't be shocked if he had assaulted multiple others.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: TinySickTears

My guess would be prior incidents. The story makes it sound as if it knows of at least one more where he knocked over a sign.

Judging by his actions in this video I'd say I wouldn't be shocked if he had assaulted multiple others.

i read that
just didnt think it worked that way

charging them now for # they did prior

but canada

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hunt lost his contract at Noble Studio 101, which posted
a statement on Wednesday that
“We don’t condone his actions and he has been let go.”

Noble Studio 101 offering haircuts, colour and styling
Good of them !
imagine him with a pair of scissors in his hand *cringes*

edit on 7/10/18 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: C0bzz

Rationally, I hope that he receives punishment for his alleged crime against another individual.

Emotionally, I hope that an angry wolverine rips his tiny testicles off and eats them while he clutches the bleeding hole where his genitals once were.

Triggered.

Rationally, I hope he gets dealt with in a way which is appropriate - with the full force of the law.

Emotionally, I hope he gets dealt with in a way which is appropriate - with the full force of the law.

Anything else is irresponsible at best. Maybe it's fine when it's one person making such statements, but when it's pages and pages of those encouraging what amounts to vigilante justice it becomes disturbing.
edit on 8/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

*shrugs*

Like the great man John Wayne once said, "Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ugh. This guy is truly revolting and obviously doesn't care about women or much of anything but his own "righteousness."

Glad there are comparatively very few of these types of people because if this were the norm I'd probably go be a hermit in the mountains or something.

(PS Hi my friend!)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Hi my friend, nice to see you!

Well, the good news is he's been arrested. Sadly, these types of people are quite common in my area.

Let me know when you decide to disappear. I'm just about ready to vanish myself and could use a neighbor up in the mountains! lol!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't have much love for conservatives, or too many liberals for that matter; but what this idiot did is called assault, and he deserves to be in jail for it no matter what his intentions are, or what the conversation was about..

This is the problem with both sides of the political spectrum nowadays; nobody can ever have a mature, open discussion without resorting to or threatening the other side with violence..

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

This is the problem with both sides of the political spectrum nowadays; nobody can ever have a mature, open discussion without resorting to or threatening the other side with violence..

To be perfectly honest, I don’t see this problem on both sides of the political spectrum. Conservatives, as a whole are much more peaceful protesters, but some have learned to fight back when viciously attacked by the left.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

But over the last decade, 3 percent of extremist killings in the U.S. have been committed by members of far left-wing groups — a fraction of the 71 percent by right-wing extremists and 26 percent by Islamic extremists.

www.defenseone.com...

Well, this isn't specifically for protesters...

The extreme right is 20-25 times the national security threat of the extreme left. The extreme right supports the president. And foreign propaganda is often used to play up supposed extreme left and create a further divide. Worrying. At least the military is being properly funded under the current government, which is good for national security.

If you go through my post history, you'll see that I'm 99% about national security, which is why I'm here. Then again, if only I hadn't eaten so much soy, I'm sure I would have saved the world by now.
edit on 10/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Then I would suggest you get out more, or turn your blinders off because I see idiots on Facebook daily threatening to start a race war, and they can't wait till civil war breaks out in this country so they can destroy the 'evil left' etc...

I see nothing but the influence of COINTELPRO in conversations like this. Of course TPTB want us fighting each other as civilians instead of sitting around a conference table figuring out that they're really the ones making our life hell and not the right/left.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VeritasAequitas

Perhaps I am not exposed enough to the realities. If I am wrong, my apologies.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I probably shouldn't be laughing at someone who's clearly suffering from mental health issues, but there are so many moments in this short little video that leave me shaking my head. As soon as the video starts, you can see him apologizing to 2 females for doing something to their jackets, as he mistakenly took them as pro-lifers (I think that's a lighter in his hand). One female then tells him "you wanna kill them with kindness, remember?", and he quickly responds with "that's right". But shortly after a quick dialogue between him and the camerawoman, something prompted him to literally jump into a wind-up stance (tongue out and everything) before unleashing a roundhouse-kick to the woman. Lol.. this is the part where I probably shouldn't be laughing.

Killin' em with kindness, alright.

As far as abortion goes, I have no strong feelings either way. But I do understand this is a sensitive topic and think it will be interesting to hear some of your thoughts.

Watched this earlier. It's funny in the background you hear him saying I just meant to kick your phone.

Ok...so...even if that is all you meant to do it is still assault.

It amazes me that people like this are allowed to be in public. I cant even begin to imagine the coffee house conversations amongst people like this....so much hate and disdain for everything. Victim mentality and cockiness dont go well together.

The irony in all this is that the one he's assaulting is a woman. So much for his respect for women. Disdain and disrespect leads to hatred (actually, come to think of it, it's already a sign of hatred), and a hypocritical phrase like "killing them with kindness" only fuels the disdain (and the pride and arrogance that accompanies the feeling of being the better person in regards to kindness than the ones that are supposedly to be 'killed with kindness'), even if the 'killing' is just meant figuratively. It's loaded language; which pushes buttons in people that are already affected by this form of indoctrinated disdain. They only hear the "killing" part, not the "kindness" part, or have a very odd view of what "kindness" entails and confuse true kindness with their own self-righteousness in this department; being rather selective as to whom they are truly treating with kindness and the respect+humility+mildness it logically entails, among other characteristics that often seem to be missing in those thinking they are being so kind for using vague slogans like that one that are open to interpretation in the eye of the beholder, what they choose to hear. So I guess the expression becomes ear of the beholder then.

You don't kick people that you respect, nor their phones. I see no benefit from getting in their face with a belligerent attitude and posture either, asking them questions that one hopes to use to paint some negative picture on someone's answer, such as a picture of someone being unkind for not even wanting to allow abortions in certain rare situations.

The Manipulation of Information: Awake!—2000

Playing on the Emotions

Even though feelings might be irrelevant when it comes to factual claims or the logic of an argument, they play a crucial role in persuasion. Emotional appeals are fabricated by practiced publicists, who play on feelings as skillfully as a virtuoso plays the piano.
Hatred is a strong emotion exploited by propagandists. Loaded language is particularly effective in triggering it. There seems to be a nearly endless supply of nasty words that promote and exploit hatred toward particular racial, ethnic, or religious groups.

Some propagandists play on pride. Often we can spot appeals to pride by looking for such key phrases as: “Any intelligent person knows that . . .” or, “A person with your education can’t help but see that . . .” A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.

Slogans and Symbols

Slogans are vague statements that are typically used to express positions or goals. Because of their vagueness, they are easy to agree with. ...

Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda!

Ask questions: As we have seen, there are many today who would like to ‘delude us with persuasive arguments.’ (Colossians 2:4) Therefore, when we are presented with persuasive arguments, we should ask questions.

First, examine whether there is bias. What is the motive for the message? If the message is rife with name-calling and loaded words, why is that? Loaded language aside, what are the merits of the message itself? Also, if possible, try to check the track record of those speaking. Are they known to speak the truth? If “authorities” are used, who or what are they? Why should you regard this person—or organization or publication—as having expert knowledge or trustworthy information on the subject in question? If you sense some appeal to emotions, ask yourself, ‘When viewed dispassionately, what are the merits of the message?’

Do not just follow the crowd: If you realize that what everybody thinks is not necessarily correct, you can find the strength to think differently. While it may seem that all others think the same way, does this mean that you should? Popular opinion is not a reliable barometer of truth. Over the centuries all kinds of ideas have been popularly accepted, only to be proved wrong later. Yet, the inclination to go along with the crowd persists. The command given at Exodus 23:2 serves as a good principle: “You must not follow after the crowd for evil ends.”

True Knowledge Versus Propaganda

edit on 11-10-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The soy boy in that video is a poster child for abortion. He is the reason I can't bring myself to support its total abolition

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

What would have happened if he had been carrying a gun?

Nothing funny in that vid at all.

Then he would have said "I only meant to shoot your phone!" It's dumb idiots like him that give people on either side a bad name. He could have just simply asked her to stop filming him and to delete the video. I'm a pro-lifer myself, but I can understand why some would be pro-choice. At the risk of touching a nerve, I believe that it isn't the child's fault that its mother was raped and that there is always the option of adoption. I also can see why women wouldn't want to live through the daily physical reminder of such a traumatic event. You really have to learn to look at things from both sides. That's how compassion works.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join