It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Alert & 2020 US Census?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ok, maybe this is a stretch, but I wonder if there is any connection to the Presidential alert and having the ability to
track who is legal and who isn't

Trump administration asks top U.S. court to intervene in census suit

www.yahoo.com...

The Presidential Alert can access your camera, location, microphone, and other functions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Ok, maybe this is a stretch, but I wonder if there is any connection to the Presidential alert and having the ability to
track who is legal and who isn't

Trump administration asks top U.S. court to intervene in census suit

www.yahoo.com...

OK...this whole presidential alert thing is p1$$1ng me off!

1. This was designed and put into place by the Obama administration. The first test...without cell phone alerts was September 2016.

2. Trump does not control the button, there is not one anywhere near him. He calls staff to activate it in emergencies.

3. This is nothing more than a radio or TV EAS alert, just adding in cell phones.

4. It is a send only system. You can not reply to it and it will not be able to track.

5. Thanks to Google/Facebook, "they" can already track you, even with your phone off...AND, "they" can tell by your activities online and where your phone is, if you are illegal or not through analytics.

I am a broadcast engineer, I do this for my job. Got to FCC.gov and educate yourselves!
The Presidential Alert can access your camera, location, microphone, and other functions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was in an IT security training seminar last week and the instructor turned on about 1/2 of the cameras on the cell phones in class as a demonstration of weak security. Almost anyone who knows what they are doing can turn on your phone, camera and microphone.

Put your phones in a mylar Faraday bag when not in use. Works better than a tin foil hat....

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Wow. my post was edited upon posting!

1. This is from the Obama admin, the first test was 9-2016.

2. The permissions are to be able to interrupt what you are doing to give you the message.

3. This is a regular EAS test, just adding cellphones.

4. Trump does not have a button or access to one to do this. He passes it on to staff to do.

5.Lastly ,thanks to google/facebook, you can be tracked when your phone is off...and simple study of your location and searches online can deduce if you are legal or not.

Go to FCC.gov and educate yourselves....I actually work in radio and do this for my real job.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

How does that have anything to do with my OP?

I am quite aware that both cell phones and computers can be easily hacked. I worked for a company over a decade ago and we paid ethical hackers to break into our system. They got social security numbers in less than 2 minutes. That company had top of the line security. I knew then, that really there isn't anything (cell phone/computers) that isn't vulnerable.

But, back to my OP. This is not questioning cell phone security but more the slippery slope of having it accessible to the government all at one time and for what purposes.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Does anyone remember the 2010 Census?

Besides all the race questions, there were many others
The questions were very intrusive, like can you walk up a flight of stairs,
what time do you go to work.
Look at page 28, why does the census need that, doesn't the IRS have all that info?
www2.census.gov...

Just think, cell phone information would provide that.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That wasn't the 2010 Census. I worked it as a Census taker and there were I think 19 questions. The one you're talking about is given BY the Census Bureau, but is NOT the official 10 year census. It's called American Community Survey and is so hated they had trouble getting people to fill it out.

So what the full time Census folks did is go around in 2010 and tell people it was the 'real' census and trick them into doing it with threats even. Then we would come by to get the real one filled out and people were pissed. But I just spent 3 hours doing that last week!. The real census is very short and takes about 10-15 minutes to fill out MAX.

I threw mine (the ACS) in the garbage and told the ladies who came to my door NO I won't do that. I swear the only thing they didn't want to know was how many times a day you picked your nose.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie

I swear the only thing they didn't want to know was how many times a day you picked your nose.

While fully clothed, or just in your underwear?
Seems to make a difference whenever (blatant) nose picking is concerned.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa
Seriously it's almost that bad! I can't find a link for the questions, but I've seen it, it's a small book. According to the people I talked to it took over 3 hours to complete, which is why they were pissed off to see us a few days later.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Things that are off of the OP are not that out of the ordinary here.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well I strongly believe only Americans should vote and only vote once.

Anything that ensures that is a positive step in my opinion.

Why is all the voter fraud on the democrats side?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

That happened under the obama occupation.

We are doing things different now!
edit on 7-10-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Only americans should be allowed to vote. They should get three votes that all go towards different candidates and one of the three votes should be a negative vote that goes against the vote count of the candidate it's applied to.

Let's end the lesser of two evils vote.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

While I agree in principle.

We can't even do it the easy way. Making it more complicated won't help.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

The point is to idiot proof us against the lesser evil. Everyone will vote for the lesser evil, against the greater evil as they see it and then vote for someone else. The evils will no longer be able to get the votes to win forcing them to have to stop the lunacy and start giving us people to vote for instead of against as the more they use fear against each other the more they ensure a third party wins.

Imagine having people debate policy politely?

top topics

join