It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Alert can access your camera, location, microphone, and other functions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
I read that the free Obama phones didnt get the alert. lol Does anyone know if this is true??

I didn't get the alert...But I'm probably on a most hated list somewhere. Which is fine by me.

What the hell is a "free Obama phone?"

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Presidential Alert can access your camera, location, microphone, and other functions

So it's the same that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Android and iOS already do?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I read that the free Obama phones didnt get the alert. lol Does anyone know if this is true??

I think the presidential alert doesn’t work on phones older than 5 years old. So if it was a free phone a person got through a government program it’s probably an old one.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

So it's the same that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Android and iOS already do?

Nope. None of those social media companies can access the E911 chip on your phone. At least that I’m aware of.

And I never agreed to anything that allows the presidential alert access to this information. The big difference here is consent. With Facebook, Instagram etc I give my permission. The government isn’t asking for permission in this case.
edit on 4-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: watchitburn
People don't realize how much information they are providing.

Fortunately for me, I'm not up to any monkey business, so anybody or any computer monitoring me is going to mostly be bored.

Although since I post on ATS, which is known as a hotbed of subversives and antidisestabishmentarians, I'll probably be rounded up one of these days.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

i grew up in the days before cell phones. i dont normally have mine with me unless im taking a trip somewhere out of town. right now im sitting in the front room of my house and i believe my phone is in the bedroom. i understand how people like to keep them nearby in this day age but i still prefer my desktop pc over a mobile for online use. guess im just oldschool idk.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Interesting.

I'll wait for some evidences of these claims before I point any finger, since John is a nut head and stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

To be fair they hardly needed the presidential alert too access all that. There are many apps that have backdoors allowing the same thing.

The attack by Chinese spies reached almost 30 U.S. companies, including Amazon and Apple, by compromising America’s technology supply chain, according to extensive interviews with government and corporate sources.

www.bloomberg.com...

Everyone should read this and put the last two years in to perspective.

From Russia to the NSA and this topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
John Mcafee has nothing to do with cyber security anymore he’s a washed up attention whore junkie pay no mind to his ramblings.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Do you mean the Bush/ Clinton/Roosevelt/Wilson phones?

The president has no direct impact on the program, and one could hardly call these devices "Obama Phones," as the e-mail author does. This specific program, SafeLink, started under President George Bush, with grants from an independent company created under President Bill Clinton, which was a legacy of an act passed under President Franklin Roosevelt, which was influenced by an agreement reached between telecommunications companies and the administration of President Woodrow Wilson.

Source

Welfare recipients, and others, can receive a free cell phone, but the program is not funded by the government or taxpayer money

SafeLink Wireless, the program mentioned in the e-mail, does indeed offer a cell phone, about one hour’s worth of calling time per month, and other wireless services like voice mail to eligible low-income households. Applicants have to apply and prove that they are either receiving certain types of government benefits, such as Medicaid, or have household incomes at or below 135 percent of the poverty line. Using 2009 poverty guidelines, that’s $14,620 for an individual and a little under $30,000 for a family of four, with slightly higher amounts for Alaska and Hawaii. SafeLink is run by a subsidiary of América Móvil, the world’s fourth largest wireless company in terms of subscribers, but it is not paid for directly by the company. Nor is it paid for with "tax payer money," as the e-mail claims. Rather, it is funded through the Universal Service Fund, which is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company, an independent, not-for-profit corporation set up by the Federal Communications Commission. The USF is sustained by contributions from telecommunications companies such as "long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers." The companies often charge customers to fund their contributions in the form of a universal service fee you might see on your monthly phone bill. The fund is then parceled out to companies, such as América Móvil, that create programs, such as SafeLink, to provide telecommunications service to rural areas and low-income households.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If there were a National emergency, war, a supervolcano is going, ca fell into the sea (yes this would affect the rest of the country) Maybe it would help to know where people are, the numbers that will need food, water shelter or to be moved quickly.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

And it's all stored and indexed in big databases at either or both Fort Meade or the Utah Data Center. Cross indexed with financial, browsing, e-mail, voice mail, social media, phone logs, travel (new cars are squealing on you also), planes, trains, taxis, uploads, downloads and a lot of other stuff. It would be simple to assign a Social Credit System score to every person in the U.S. if not the world (because you know, deep down, that the other Five Eyes are doing the same thing).

And a Social Credit System score plus some fiddling and combining with prime numbers in a secret sauce reveils an unique number for every person.

Which brings us neatly back to Revelation 13:17.

And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

edit on 10/4/2018 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
If there were a National emergency, war, a supervolcano is going, ca fell into the sea (yes this would affect the rest of the country) Maybe it would help to know where people are, the numbers that will need food, water shelter or to be moved quickly.

By raising the aggregate IQ of the nation? *Rimshot*

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yep. Lemme take my cues from an exiled criminal. Just because you have a lot of $ doesn’t make me believe you dude.

And was posted earlier, please understand that you don’t need an prez’s alert to access any of our didgital lives, let alone your camera/phone.

Come on people, wake up. Lol

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

It would be simple to assign a Social Credit System score to every person in the U.S. if not the world (because you know, deep down, that the other Five Eyes are doing the same thing).

You bring up a good point, and it’s one I haven’t thought about. What if the government is creating (or has created) a Social Credit System like China is going ahead with? This could definitely be a part of that. It’s scary to think of how that could be used against people.

Sometimes it seems the only difference between the U.S. and countries like China is that we hide these types of things, while in China it’s public news.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
Guess it is a good thing I don't own a cellphone then.

yup.....I own a 5-year old 40 dollar 3G flip phone, with a removable battery....no problem here

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

And was posted earlier, please understand that you don’t need an prez’s alert to access any of our didgital lives, let alone your camera/phone.

And as I said earlier, it’s about consent. I give my consent to these companies to access my information so I can use their product.

I never gave consent to the government to access my information in this way. Unless it’s some hidden small print in the service contract I signed. And that wouldn’t surprise me either.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
To be fair they hardly needed the presidential alert too access all that. There are many apps that have backdoors allowing the same thing.

They even get you to consent, because no one reads T&C

I realize that we’re all being spied on already, but still. That they can actually access everyone’s location and data at the same time by sending out an “Alert” is news to me.

It goes away once you click it off, rt? That's the brilliance...THAT click off...records where you did and when...may even pic and audio when you do click it off.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Fortunately for me, I'm not up to any monkey business, so anybody or any computer monitoring me is going to mostly be bored.

That wasn't the kind of information I was referring to.
I'm talking about data that points to when you wake up, how many people you call, the duration, the days of the week. The hours per month. How often you download music, or watch netflix, what time you go to sleep. Your singular data might not be that interesting, but you add 100K people you start seeing real trends. For example, it can show that in a major metro area most people are up by 7, and commuting by 8, a lot of them are browsing cell phones at noon. The other thing that it can show is very unusual activity, like the person that is using 8x the amount of data as everyone else. The, person that is taking 8x the photos, etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

www.truconnect.com... aoqlQKiM366peIxTV8n_Lli9vZzI9nrbvIlm_ne1C4tRCQDEkaAo38EALw_wcB

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join