It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Alert can access your camera, location, microphone, and other functions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

twitter.com...

Just a heads up. While it should be common knowledge that you are being spied on continuously if you have a mobile phone, I didn't know that the presidential alert accesses the E911 system on the phone. Which basically gives the federal government full control of your phone and information during the "Presidential Alert". Could this be used by the fed to scoop up everyones location data and information in one swoop?

Maybe using the results they could make a moment-in-time picture of everyone in America at the time they sent the Presidential alert?

I'm not sure what would be possible with this ability, but if the federal government is behind it I doubt it can be anything good.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
To be fair they hardly needed the presidential alert too access all that. There are many apps that have backdoors allowing the same thing.

They even get you to consent, because no one reads T&C
a reply to: underwerks

edit on 4-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Something that has been on cellphones since '06, and now people are up in arms about it..
TDS???

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
To be fair they hardly needed the presidential alert too access all that. There are many apps that have backdoors allowing the same thing.

They even get you to consent, because no one reads T&C

I realize that we’re all being spied on already, but still. That they can actually access everyone’s location and data at the same time by sending out an “Alert” is news to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

John McAfee is crazier than Jim Carrey on acid.

But I believe him this time .
edit on 4-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

link   
Guess it is a good thing I don't own a cellphone then.

link   
I read that the free Obama phones didnt get the alert. lol Does anyone know if this is true??

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't think I'm important enough to be spied on.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Thank you thank you thank you.

A user posted yesterday questioning this system, and I asked the question why local ones were no longer good enough.

The overwhelming response turned directly political. What I find most unusual is that people on a forum such as ATS are starting not to question things, and just completely and blindly following. That is 1000X scarier than any government spying!!!

edit on 4-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
ever thought of why most if not all of the smart phones don't have a battery cover that will enable you to remove the battery from the phone ?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

As bad as this spying is, how many people are out of town?

It's not an accurate tracker if that's the case.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabz228

Something that has been on cellphones since '06, and now people are up in arms about it..
TDS???

I don’t think it’s been used in this way since it’s been a part of cell phones. But go ahead, claim this is “TDS” or whatever other made up thing makes it easier for you to not have to think about it.

At this point if the federal government said they’re sticking surveillance cameras in every home in America you’d probably dismiss the people concerned about it as having “TDS”.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I doubt they care if an individual is out of town per say, it is more an estimation of how many people are populated in a certain area. You know like New York city, or watching a concert in Las Vegas....

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Thank you thank you thank you.

A user posted yesterday questioning this system, and I asked the question why local ones were no longer good enough.

The overwhelming response turned directly political. What I find most unusual is that people on a forum such as ATS are starting not to question things, and just completely and blindly following. That is 1000X scarier than any government spying!!!

I know, and I agree. This shouldn’t be made political. I’d hope most people care about the government spying on them regardless of who is in the White House.

It seems that a lot of people are ok with it now for some reason.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I believe it. 100%.

Now, they shouldn't have any problems catching bad guys.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Fair point. I don't know much about this presidential message thing but it did immediately raise red flags for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOL..... then they will know what living in a Ford Escape is all about. Cats sleeping on the roof, the late day sun, and an occasional USB cable charge on my PC.

Which is as exciting as dementia gets.
www.youtube.com...

Thanks Fallingdown....lol

edit on 4-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We knew that twenty long years ago.......

They have enough computing power
edit on 4-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's not just cell phones. And they hardly need phones to track people anyway.

Look into data mining companies, and companies that sell "consumer profiles" to big retailers for "targeted advertising"

It's way worse than you think.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

People have no idea... It is way worse than they think

I worked in telecom for years and was an analyst.
People don't realize how much information they are providing.
You are right it's not just cell phone but anything connected. It's how your tv or computer knows where you left off on Netflix. They are all talking to each other and is tracking everything.

I will say this, the majority of people are creatures of habit!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join