It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Law Enforcement Officers Shot, One Fatally, in South Carolina

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Loss of life is terrible...comes with this particular profession however.

Let us not forget that these men and women who choose the 'blue' do so voluntarily. They know the risks, just as much as a worker in the logging industry, who have a higher mortality rate than cops.

It's a job.

I wonder what the warrant was for that was worth so much carnage.

Probably drug related.

Casualties of the war on people...

Hope it was worth it.

RIP

And it begins....smh

I gave my condolences and thoughts. Nothing about guns either way.

Would you like to think and speak for me? Or is there a certain criteria for sharing ones opinion as to not offend your delicate sensibilities?

Again...loss of life is terrible.....and RIP....

And yeah, I hope it was worth the bloodshed, but I guarantee it wasn't no matter how you justify it.

Period.

No one should hope it was worth the bloodshed.

Just my simple opinion.

Kindest regards

Lags

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Apparently the situation brought 100 officers in to the fray, no new updates latest article:
ABC News

One confirmed death of an officer some of the officers suffered serious injuries, the perpetrator was taken into custody.

A suspect has been detained after seven police officers were shot in a residential neighborhood in South Carolina, according local authorities. One officer died in the shooting, the Florence County coroner confirmed to ABC News. That officer was identified as Florence Police Department veteran Terrence Carraway, 52, of Darlington. He was pronounced dead at a local hospital.

RIP Officer Carraway

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Prayers to the officers and the families. Sad.
Would like to see more info on this.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Sounds like it is obviously a group execution or mass murder or sacrifice ...higher ups are trying to protect themselves and the Thin Blue Line just sacrificed 7 of American Freedom Fighters for the evil baby killing blood eating Global Cabal cause.This set-up has a Mexican flavor.It looks to me like the resistance was set-up for a big fall as an example to everyone else that the killing is not done yet...even if only ONE RAT is left it can do massive damage setting up officers who are on the good side with collusion of criminal gangs....the Good Cops have to get down and hard now and be aggressive rooting out all Thin Blue Line critical parts or people...like any gang it has a head that can be cut off in every department....TALK ABOUT IT AT WORK....because you will always catch Rats when they are TALKING about something they have to lie about.

Whoever is trying to intimidate Leos all over America DID NOT SUCEED....as I said TALK IT UP AT WORK AND ROOTOUT THE RATS.....work harder at it than they do...everything really is about hard work and be ready to cut the head off of the snake when the time is right no matter how difficult it might seem stick to the rules they WILL PROTECT YOUR BELIEFS IN THE LONG RUN...you must protect yourself in the short run while this battle is raging and believe me it has only just begun.....now the Rats have to rat out the Rats.....lol...pretty soon a storm surge will occur and more and more of the Rats will eat each other...just keep on the good track and be dilligent and work hard and the tables will continue to turn for the right side.

These officers are heros for the good side....they were walked down the Garden path by rotten Cops they worked with and sat beside at lunch time people they discussed their futures and fears with this is sickening and requires remediations of the highest levels.....but we do not forget and we do not forgive....now lets find out who did this....we have a nice fresh trail lets git er done......the work has only just begun.

edit on 4-10-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

This is just so sad to see so many people from the LEO community being shot down...

This made the news over here in France about 5 hours ago.

My deepest positive thoughts and condoleances go out to all officers and officers families involved.

I am not at all looking forward to the usual pathetic and deeply sad tirade of pro and anti gun people coming on this thread here to grind their teeth and fiercly smash their keyboards to smithereens in order to make this sad story all political when the USA wakes up in about 5 to 6 hours depending on where they are from in The USA (Time zones).

How sad.

Kindest respects

Lags

Agreed and well put this thread isn’t meant to harbor any of that BS I don’t care your politics this is tragic....

Totally agreed Dave.

I wish they would give their BS a rest in tragic times such as this, but they can't control themselves as they don't have another life outsides of politics unfortunately.

Lets see how this thread goes and see if certain people can show their true respect and true selves without getting all political as usual when they wake up.

Sadly.

Lags

You dedicated half a post to the actual topic.

Suck my gun hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

This is just so sad to see so many people from the LEO community being shot down...

This made the news over here in France about 5 hours ago.

My deepest positive thoughts and condoleances go out to all officers and officers families involved.

I am not at all looking forward to the usual pathetic and deeply sad tirade of pro and anti gun people coming on this thread here to grind their teeth and fiercly smash their keyboards to smithereens in order to make this sad story all political when the USA wakes up in about 5 to 6 hours depending on where they are from in The USA (Time zones).

How sad.

Kindest respects

Lags

Agreed and well put this thread isn’t meant to harbor any of that BS I don’t care your politics this is tragic....

Totally agreed Dave.

I wish they would give their BS a rest in tragic times such as this, but they can't control themselves as they don't have another life outsides of politics unfortunately.

Lets see how this thread goes and see if certain people can show their true respect and true selves without getting all political as usual when they wake up.

Sadly.

Lags

You dedicated half a post to the actual topic.

Suck my gun hypocrite.

Well that was classy of you.

There is always one in the village I guess...!

I felt it had to be mentioned In order to keep this thread about respect for those who lost their lives.

Not getting into a debate with you so over and out as far as you are concerned.

Have a great day being snarky.

Cheerio.

Lags

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Man the quality of the writing in that article was terrible.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
NM
edit on 4-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
That is a lot of wounded officers and one dead.

Just saw the story. Apparently it was in a multi million dollar home and there were kids inside.

Still no idea who the suspect is. I believe they say he was arrested....so not killed.

Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That is a lot of wounded officers and one dead.

Just saw the story. Apparently it was in a multi million dollar home and there were kids inside.

Still no idea who the suspect is. I believe they say he was arrested....so not killed.

Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

CNN is going full retard

The gunman, who was not identified, was arrested Wednesday night, officials said. He surrendered after talking to a negotiator and was taken to the hospital for treatment, Florence County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Glenn Kirby told WBTW.

It's unclear if he's facing any charges and whether authorities determined why he opened fire.

www.cnn.com...
Unclear whether any charges are filed WTF?!?!?? Seriously guys?!?!?
Sounds like the shooter was injured and taken to the hospital.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I am not at all looking forward to the usual pathetic and deeply sad tirade of pro and anti gun people coming on this thread here to grind their teeth and fiercly smash their keyboards to smithereens in order to make this sad story all political when the USA wakes up in about 5 to 6 hours depending on where they are from in The USA (Time zones). 

And yet you somehow thought it appropriate to taunt and trash talk such people for politicizing the issue while YOU do exactly that!!!

How sad. 

Indeed. Using the deaths and injuries as political bait for cheap points is very sad.

If you truly want better, I suggest YOU do better by taking your own advice AND DON'T START IT.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
ooohhh stop it.

I explained why further up.

a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
What is a random search warrant?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My condolences to the HERO who lost his life.

What the heck is wrong with people? What the heck could this guy of been going down for. That he thought the better alternative was to have a shoot out with the cops. A shoot out leading to a murder charge. A murder charge against a cop.

If the reports are true. The police just thought this was a routine warrant, and the guy gave himself up peacefully to the negotiator.

Also, the CNN article says an 8th man was shot. A 20 year old who was also in the house. So there was at least two men and children in the house.
edit on 4-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Your post did not make any sense. Then I smoked some meth and it all made sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

ooohhh stop it.

I explained why further up.

a reply to: Boadicea

yea. lets leave it at that.

... I'm still not sure what a random search warrant is for the matter.

theres much more to this story.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have been scratching my nogging about this random search warrant thing too.

I found this if it can be of any help? :

There are times when police can perform a search without a warrant, and most searches actually do occur without warrants being issued.

Exemption 4 – Exigent Circumstances: If the police feel that the time it would take to get a warrant would jeopardize public safety or lead to the loss of evidence, they can perform a search without a warrant. For example, the police can forcibly enter a home if it is probable that evidence is being destroyed, if a suspect is trying to escape, or if someone is being injured. The police officer's responsibility to preserve evidence, arrest a suspect, or protect an individual outweighs the search warrant requirement.

Full information is here : www.legalzoom.com...

There is a whole ton of information for search and seizure laws by state for the USA here :

resources.lawinfo.com...

I know that there are some members here who are LEO so maybe they could also enlighten us?

Kindest respects

Lags

a reply to: odzeandennz

edit on 4-10-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I could be wrong, but I think by random they just meant routine. Nothing to indicate that the suspect would be armed and dangerous.

I don't think they meant random, random. Like they picked a house out of a hat and just went to go check it out with no prior cause.
edit on 4-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

I could be wrong, but I think by random they just meant routine. Nothing to indicate that the suspect would be armed and dangerous.

I don't think they meant random, random. Like they picked a house out of a hat and just went to go check it out with no prior cause.

Now this is where things start to get clearer :

Major Michael Nunn, with the Florence County Sheriff Office, said around 4 p.m. Wednesday, investigators with the sheriff's office were attempting to serve a search warrant when the suspect opened fire.

More here : wpde.com...

So it seems that random can now be brushed under the rug?

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 4-10-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Text bolded

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So much poor writing that betrays poor comprehension.

In the US you need a search warrant, because you cannot perform a search "randomly". In fact, unless its an emergency, you have to explain to a judge WHY this isn't a random search, i.e., what you know that means this person's rights should be curtailed for the sake of law & order.

Conservative judges have been a lot narrower in their definition of an emergency (in Texas, at least). They have stated that the cops have the judge's home phone number, and judges check their email; so the idea that they "didn't have time doesn't fit in with modern telecommunications. Some major urban areas have "night judges" who are on call for that 3 am search warrant....

And if you sent more than 3 officers on a call, there is absolutely nothing "random" about it.

And CNN saying "it is unclear whether charges will be filed" is just a dig at the PR officer, because he told them "no comment on an ongoing investigation."

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join