It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Law Enforcement Officers Shot, One Fatally, in South Carolina

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
NY Times Article

ATLANTA — Seven law enforcement officers were shot — at least one of them fatally — in an extraordinary barrage of firepower after the authorities sought to serve a search warrant in South Carolina on Wednesday, officials said, transforming a residential subdivision into a tragic battleground. The episode, punctuated by evacuations in a tactical vehicle and a protracted standoff between a barricaded suspect and the authorities, was among the American police shootings with the greatest bloodshed in recent years. “They thought it was a random search warrant,” Sheriff Kenney Boone of Florence County, S.C., said at a news conference on Wednesday night, when he and other local officials appeared distraught. “But when they arrived, gunfire started.”

Prayers go out for the officers and their famililies, very sad deal....

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

That’s insane. Can’t wait to hear who the suspect is, I hope they ventilated him with lead.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

They should have dropped a bomb on the mongrels !

When does this madness end ?

I once heard that a US state made it mandatory for normal record free citizens; to have a gun at home and those with criminal records to be arrested for carrying.

Apparently it was a success ...

Too many idiots.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I kept looking for this story to pop up on here all evening. Rather than posting it myself, I figured I'd allow you to have it. After missing out on a couple posts yesterday, I felt like you needed the win. Lol

In all seriousness, this is an awful story. I don't ever enjoy reading stories like these. Thoughts are with everyone in the community.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tanga36

I kept looking for this story to pop up on here all evening. Rather than posting it myself, I figured I'd allow you to have it. After missing out on a couple posts yesterday, I felt like you needed the win. Lol

In all seriousness, this is an awful story. I don't ever enjoy reading stories like these. Thoughts are with everyone in the community.

Thanks good buddy bet your bottom dollar I triple checked to see it wasn’t already posted!!!😋
It is terrible something had to go major sideways to end up with 7 officers down on a warrant.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Hope this is not a " new thing " ...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is just so sad to see so many people from the LEO community being shot down... No matter what country they come from...

This made the news over here in France about 5 hours ago.

My deepest positive thoughts and condoleances go out to all officers and officers families involved.

I am not at all looking forward to the usual pathetic and deeply sad tirade of pro and anti gun people coming on this thread here to grind their teeth and fiercly smash their keyboards to smithereens in order to make this sad story all political when the USA wakes up in about 5 to 6 hours depending on where they are from in The USA (Time zones).

How sad.

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 4-10-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
This is just so sad to see so many people from the LEO community being shot down...

My deepest positive thoughts and condoleances go out to all officers and officers families involved.

I am not at all looking forward to the usual pathetic and deeply sad tirade of pro and anti gun people coming on this thread here to grind their teeth and fiercly smash their keyboards to smithereens in order to make this sad story all political when the USA wakes up in about 5 to 6 hours depending on where they are from in The USA (Time zones).

How sad.

Kindest respects

Lags

Agreed and well put this thread isn’t meant to harbor any of that BS I don’t care your politics this is tragic....

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

This is just so sad to see so many people from the LEO community being shot down...

How sad.

Kindest respects

Lags

Agreed and well put this thread isn’t meant to harbor any of that BS I don’t care your politics this is tragic....

Totally agreed Dave.

I wish they would give their BS a rest in tragic times such as this, but they can't control themselves as they don't have another life outsides of politics unfortunately.

Lets see how this thread goes and see if certain people can show their true respect and true selves without getting all political as usual when they wake up.

Sadly.

Lags

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I have many friends that work in law enforcement and every time I see them I put everything down and say thank you. These men and women put everything on the line and that is something that deserves the greatest respect. My heart goes out to those involved.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Loss of life is terrible...comes with this particular profession however.

Let us not forget that these men and women who choose the 'blue' do so voluntarily. They know the risks, just as much as a worker in the logging industry, who have a higher mortality rate than cops.

It's a job.

I wonder what the warrant was for that was worth so much carnage.

Probably drug related.

Casualties of the war on people...

Hope it was worth it.

RIP

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I have many friends that work in law enforcement and every time I see them I put everything down and say thank you. These men and women put everything on the line and that is something that deserves the greatest respect. My heart goes out to those involved.

This

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

This

?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

This

?

« This » means I totally agree with what you wrote.
edit on 4-10-2018 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

This

?

« This » means I totally agree with what All wrote.

Oh sorry I was super confused and being sleepy doesn’t help.

Goodnight guys and gals and let your prayers go where they are needed most.

Dream sweet ATS

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Let us not forget that these men and women who choose the 'blue' do so voluntarily. They know the risks, just as much as a worker in the logging industry, who have a higher mortality rate than cops.

It's a job.

Probably drug related.

Hope it was worth it.

RIP

And it begins....smh

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

This

?

Dream sweet ATS

Night night snookums

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

This

?

Dream sweet ATS

No problems.

Sleep well... lunch here in France in an hour.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

It's a job.

Probably drug related.

Hope it was worth it.

RIP

And it begins....smh

I gave my condolences and thoughts. Nothing about guns either way.

Would you like to think and speak for me? Or is there a certain criteria for sharing ones opinion as to not offend your delicate sensibilities?

Again...loss of life is terrible.....and RIP....

And yeah, I hope it was worth the bloodshed, but I guarantee it wasn't no matter how you justify it.

Period.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

It's a job.

Probably drug related.

Hope it was worth it.

RIP

And it begins....smh

I gave my condolences and thoughts. Nothing about guns either way.

Would you like to think and speak for me? Or is there a certain criteria for sharing ones opinion as to not offend your delicate sensibilities?

Again...loss of life is terrible.....and RIP....

And yeah, I hope it was worth the bloodshed, but I guarantee it wasn't no matter how you justify it.

Period.

Well I don’t think this thread is the place to talk about the “war on the people” even if that was the case the officers are just enforcing the laws. I didn’t say you mentioned anything about gun control it’s the political spin that caught my ire. Let’s not turn this into a pissing match let’s just agree this was a bad deal all around and no one deserves to get mowed down doing there job.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join