It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invoke the 25th or Repeal the 22nd

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Instead of all this invoking the 25th amendment bullcorn,

I say it's high time rational people made a power play and work to repeal the 22ndth.

Can a whole nation entrenched in corruption and incompetence change in only 8 years?

No, of course not.

Can anything really change significantly in only 8 years for a nation of over 300 million LEGAL citizens and untold 10's of millions of ILLEGAL lumps?

Not really.

Trump has shaken up the world stage like nothing ever before in my lifetime. That's a frickin' good thing. If you think the status quo was a good thing then I would question your intelligence. Get a brain.

The only reason the 22nd was created was because some people got butthurt about FDR, considered among the greatest US presidents, breaking with the traditional way of things.

Trump may not go down as the greatest president ever, just because the words are bitter pill for naive people who can't kick old habits.

Give Trump those 4 terms that the deep state was so afraid of.

Give Trump the chance to actually MAGA.

Before you call me a nazi fascist dictator lover, just reflect on why this amendment was created.

Was it perhaps created to keep us stuck in an endless loop of regress?

Yes. That's what you want and that's what you'll get.

edit on 4-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Wow... Not surprised at all someone who supports Trump would ask to remove the term limit.

I really want to just post insults and call you a Nazi fascist dictator lover... As you said.. but that would be immature and inappropriate.

The term limit.. is so we don't end up with Vladimir Putin ttpes... Which is funny because that's who Trump is "totally not colluding with".. in office who stay in forever and can't be removed because they're given so much time that they own the government and have shifted the laws to keep themselves in power.

The beauty of our system is that no one regime can rule too long. We need both sides, we need the flip flop to keep us balanced.

Otherwise, we end up being one of those nation's you describe, enslaved by a fascist ruler.

Lastly,

Trump sucks .... NEXT!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Trump sucks .... NEXT!

Yeah Trump will be next too.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wow.

Why not? Every other week is a constitutional crisis... most people would be too ignorant to notice it, if it happened, and those that would notice are too apathetic or stupid and would actually let it happen.

Not surprised to find this here though, at the new and improved... Extremist ATS.

Posts like this are why I am too ashamed to recommend ATS to friends and family... but especially to new acquaintances. Unless you wanna look like a looney to new people you meet. I think the days I refer someone to ATS are long, long gone by the looks of this.

*shakes head*

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I do not support removing the 22nd.

If people support Trump's ideals, there would be a candidate down the road espousing the same ideals.
So you could vote for them.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

So in other words, if people wanted to continue to vote for Trump, and Trump wanted to continue to run for office...

You don't want that to be allowable.

Got it. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I brought great shame and dishonor to ATS?

Well damn. I never meant to hurt anyone, or help anyone.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

So in other words, if people wanted to continue to vote for Trump, and Trump wanted to continue to run for office...

You don't want that to be allowable.

Got it. Thanks for stopping by.

I have no problem with people voting for Trump. But he is no longer eligible once he has 2 terms in the White house.

I assume from your response, you are a Trump supporter.
Tell me, would you have supported Obama having the opportunity to run for a third term?

ETA:
I will also posit that if the 22nd is removed, Obama could in fact run for a third term.
edit on 4-10-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Sometimes I think about things.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I want to invoke 18, 20, 2, 0, 4.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Stupid idea. Term limits should be broadened to other areas of govt, not removed.
I think just 1 term for all Presidents, Senators and Congressmen should be the limit - just 4 years, which is plenty to have an impact.
We already saw with Obama the damage a radical can do in 8 years.

edit on 4/10/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

No thanks,
I like what Trump is doing so far, but 2 terms will be enough. I think some of his more excitable supporters would get carried away.

And just think about what kind of shenanigans the leftists would get up to.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Except if there was no 22nd amendment, Obama would be president right now - not Trump. It would only ensure that the great manipulators of our institutions wouldn't have to work as hard at finding the candidate that is going to pacify the masses and do their clandestine bidding.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
No... just no.

I agree with a good portion of what he has done, Unless you want to make the same mistakes the DNC does on a regular basis you have to remember what happens when the other teams guy wins.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Not to mention that the more insane elements of the fringe opposition would likely become even more extreme and potentially violent than they are even now. Imagine that, if you will.

And then, of course, the controlling faction's response would be to take away even more rights, become more totalitarian in an effort to protect and serve its own power and before you know it we're all China.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

No. Absolutely not.

In fact, I'll go so far as to encourage the amendment to be expanded to include Congress, and the Courts.

The problem isn't not enough time, it's too much time. Professional politicians were never the intention of the Founding Fathers, it's the one thing, and a big one it was, that they missed on.

Limited terms for every branch of govt--Judiciary, Legislative, and Executive. Two term max. ...and once served, that's it.

Good God almighty, double Presidential terms 4 terms? Good God NO!! You do realize that would mean Obama would be on his third term, right??

If I haven't made my opinion clear enough yet...

NO. NOT ONLY NO, BUT HELL NO!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Damn son.
You went balls deep
Drank the maga
Swallowed the bigly

Hahaha

Then when your savior gets voted out or dies in office cause he is 1000 and someone you hate gets elected you'd be crying and whining.

I would love to know how many of the orange supporters would be down with this.
edit on 4-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The problem isnt 4-8 years of a President its the 30-40 YEAR REIGN of senators and congressmen and women. i respect wisdom from experience but quite a few have been in power too long on both sides. This career politician has got to stop, in a changing world and society really dont need someone that freaks out opening an email that has an attachment.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Removal of the 22nd would have allowed people like Hillary (had she won) to rule indefinitely.

We need term limits in everything. Even the Supreme Court.

Not that we'll ever get it, though.

If you want real change, vote Giant Meteor in 2020.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
The problem isnt 4-8 years of a President its the 30-40 YEAR REIGN of senators and congressmen and women. i respect wisdom from experience but quite a few have been in power too long on both sides. This career politician has got to stop, in a changing world and society really dont need someone that freaks out opening an email that has an attachment.

Agree - the very idea (never mind the reality) that politics can be a career is the major issue.
Anyone who chooses politics a career is unfit for public service by default.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Screw 4 terms, we need a dictator for life. Aurantiacus Optimus Maximus!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join