It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Finds No Corroboration of Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Kavanaugh in FBI Report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Even Shep Smith on Fox, well known liberal and Trump hater, is saying the Democrats' complaints about the FBI investigation are baseless. The FBI did it the way they always do it. The Democrats knew the FBI investigation wouldn't resolve anything.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
a reply to: Wayfarer

It's not a criminal investigation, and the named witnesses were interviewed. As to Dr. Ford, her testimony and written statement are already on record. Any decent lawyer would advise her, to not continue any further interviews in fear of a changed, or mismatched (to previous recorded testimony) testimony.

But hey, if you think giving her more rope would be a good idea ; Well I differ in my opinion.

If anything, this has further damaged women. But hey, it was worth it right? Because, politics.

Polls are suggesting that this whole debacle has not improved Republican standing with women voters. Of course time will tell whether Kavanughs appointment fires up conservative voters or lulls them into complacency...

I guess it depends on what polls you're being shown. The Dem advantage on the generic ballot was double digits before this Kavanaugh sham started. Now it's down to 4 or 5 points, depending on who you get your numbers from. R enthusiasm is up. D enthusiasm was already high.

Yes but my supposition you linked suggest that there is some concern among conservatives that once Kavanugh is appointed there will be a dearth of excitement as one of the pillars of Trump's presidency has been achieved; insomuch as even those people that were luke warm on Trump were extremely fired up about a SC nominee (on account of the longer time-frame implications of such an appointment). Now that the biggest concern element has been achieved they perceive to have less at stake in future elections that may concern those semi-regular voters from coming to the polls.

That sounds like wishful thinking to me. People are furious about this. They're still gonna be furious next month. The Democrats mishandled this big-time. They woke up Republicans and conservatives who were probably gonna stay home for the midterms. This didn't wake up anybody on the left. Everyone who is fired up against Kavanaugh has already been throwing a 2-year temper tantrum since Trump won. They were already going to vote in the midterms. This isn't adding anything for the Democrats.
edit on 4 10 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That sounds like wishful thinking to me. People are furious about this. They're still gonna be furious next month. The Democrats mishandled this big-time. They woke up Republicans and conservatives who were probably gonna stay home for the midterms. This didn't wake up anybody on the left. Everyone who is fired up against Kavanaugh has already been throwing a 2-year temper tantrum since Trump won. They were already going to vote in the midterms. This isn't adding anything for the Democrats.

The right is fired up and the left is fed up... I'm going to compare this to the whole Bernie Sanders event as many on the left will see just how bad their reps were in all this and they will once again stay home in total disgust.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The damage has been done.

This incident has eroded the credibility of the #metoo movement and democrats. I know I will be even less willing to automatically believe what the msm, liberals, and women say after this.

Meanwhile Ford will be welcomed back as a hero regardless the damage she has caused. It's acceptable collateral damage to the resistance.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The FBI report is completely irrelevant and always was.

The game here involves 3 players only and all the delays have been about smearing Kavanaugh and working on three people: Flake, Collins and Murkowski. Nothing else ever mattered.

This entire show comes down to those three people - all the rest of the noise was for show.

I hear Flake is already a NO and I believe one of Collins/Murkowski will follow suit, which will be enough to block the nomination.

That's OK, though. It's important to get to the vote and a NO will likely add more impetus to Republicans to win a bigger majority in the Senate and take big decisions out of the hands of RINO's.

Not sure on whether Kavanaugh can be nominated again??? There is a precedent for that.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Even Shep Smith on Fox, well known liberal and Trump hater, is saying the Democrats' complaints about the FBI investigation are baseless. The FBI did it the way they always do it. The Democrats knew the FBI investigation wouldn't resolve anything.

Yes! I honestly couldn't believe it. I have never heard that man go against the Dems in my life. I guess thats how bad it really is. Shep is usually like flipping over to CNN.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The FBI report is completely irrelevant and always was.

The game here involves 3 players only and all the delays have been about smearing Kavanaugh and working on three people: Flake, Collins and Murkowski. Nothing else ever mattered.

This entire show comes down to those three people - all the rest of the noise was for show.

I hear Flake is already a NO and I believe one of Collins/Murkowski will follow suit, which will be enough to block the nomination.

That's OK, though. It's important to get to the vote and a NO will likely add more impetus to Republicans to win a bigger majority in the Senate and take big decisions out of the hands of RINO's.

Not sure on whether Kavanaugh can be nominated again??? There is a precedent for that.

Where are you hearing this? Even Shep Smith thinks Kavanaugh is getting confirmed now.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You must be behind thanks to the world news.

Everyone is saying Flake is on board because the report didnt reveal any new info.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

You must be behind thanks to the world news.

Everyone is saying Flake is on board because the report didnt reveal any new info.

I heard Flake say that Kavanaugh could not be on the court because he showed he was partisan.
Don't assume that the FBI report being in Kavanaugh's favour means Flake is voting 'yes'.
He might vote no for a different reason.

I think the vote itself is still in the balance - and a bunch of MSM hacks saying it's in the bag doesn't give me much pause to maintain that this snipshow is not over yet.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You also can't assume that Manchin, Donnelly, and Heitkamp will all vote no because they're Democrat too.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It's too bad the FBI investigation was sabotaged so much by Trump and the Republicans. It makes it not credible.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Fox just reported that friends of Kavanaugh wrote to the committee to confirm that Devil's Triangle is a quarters drinking game, and not what Dems assumed.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't know what's in the report, and probably nothing new to change anyone's vote, but....of course the white house is going to say this, he's their guy! LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
It's too bad the FBI investigation was sabotaged so much by Trump and the Republicans. It makes it not credible.

Oh, but Ford is credible?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

All of them or just the 7th?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Your tears are delicious!

edit on 4-10-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

What about the prior 6? Were they sabotaged to not find anything as well?

LOL....the arguments yall come up with are hilarious.

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes , the 7th Time is a Charm.......Your Honor..

link   

originally posted by: Athetos
So people will be charge for their fake testimony’s? I hope so. You can’t attempt to ruin a persons life with slander and just walk away.

a reply to: Agit8dChop

Lol, if they are. We'll get a real investigation. Make sure to ask yourself why he doesn't sue for defamation at the very least, when he doesn't. I'll give it 6 months.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Your tears are delicious!

You must be really fun to know.

Do you think the women that have come forward should be charged with making false statements?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join