It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes even after many years it is hard to say good bye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My grand mother died this day, on 2009. Here some music kind what she liked it a lot, she would dress the traditional way and dance with folk music, i loved watching her

I wonder where you are, and if you would come visit for a bit, in my sleep, to see you laugh in happiness again

I love you so much babushka
edit on 3-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Years can make the pain less, but the longing to be with those we love continues until it is our time to join them.

P

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Oh very young, what will you leave us this time
You're only dancin' on this earth for a short while
And though your dreams may toss and turn you know
They will vanish away like your dads best jeans
Denim blue, faded up to the sky
And though you want them to last forever
You know they never will
(You know they never will)
And the patches make the goodbye harder still

The people who have been a big part of our lives have the biggest impact when they go. As long as we remember and honor them, they will still exist in a way. I think the hardest part of getting older is keeping the memories alive of all those we care about who have passed.

Maybe not my best grammar, but I hope you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

What a lovely sentiment; beautifully expressed. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Years can make the pain less, but the longing to be with those we love continues until it is our time to join them.

P

Yes i feel like this, i can't avoid it but have tried so much to stop feeling sad, it is not possible, i know time fixes things but even now i still wish i could be there at her side and hear her voice, i will continue to try and be what she hoped me to be, thank you so much for your kind words

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

You know they never will

The people who have been a big part of our lives have the biggest impact when they go. As long as we remember and honor them, they will still exist in a way. I think the hardest part of getting older is keeping the memories alive of all those we care about who have passed.

Maybe not my best grammar, but I hope you know what I mean.

I understand, thanks for sharing this with me, i could not express ever how you did and it is a lot what i wanted to say, thank you for listening and giving these words. I hope i will never forget all the things i remember right now, i don't want to and i don't know if time takes things away but right now i can even smell the air when i was around her and feel her hugging me, i don't want to let go of that ever

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It isn't really goodbye but rather, I will see you again.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I hope so, i wasn't raised in many ways as other people, but i do hope there is a way to meet again later on, thank you so much for your words

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay
My grand mother died this day, on 2009. Here some music kind what she liked it a lot, she would dress the traditional way and dance with folk music, i loved watching her

I wonder where you are, and if you would come visit for a bit, in my sleep, to see you laugh in happiness again

My babcha passed 30 yrs ago, didn't speak English, dressed in old floor length dresses w buttons shoes....and was 4'10" tall...with hair to the floor at age 80...!

She'd chase me around swatting me with a dish towel saying "Coo-coo ridza".…which means crazy chicken. (running around like a chicken with it's head cut off).

And it was funny because in the old days, she'd chase a chicken, chop it's head off...and it would keep running without it's head for a bit!"

1st time I got drunk was as a teen when she handed me a single shot of some 150 proof polish liqueur and we both took a shot, I fell in a chair and she kept rocking in her chair laughing at me.

God..I miss her all the time..thanks for bringing the thread to us!!!

edit on 4-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You know they never will

I lost my mom to MS in 2001, taken from us too soon. I grew up listening to her Cat Stevens cassettes in our old VW bus. Thanks for reminding me of her this morning.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: BoneSay

My babcha passed 30 yrs ago, didn't speak English, dressed in old floor length dresses w buttons shoes....and was 4'10" tall...with hair to the floor at age 80...!

She'd chase me around swatting me with a dish towel saying "Coo-coo ridza".…which means crazy chicken. (running around like a chicken with it's head cut off).

And it was funny because in the old days, she'd chase a chicken, chop it's head off...and it would keep running without it's head for a bit!"

1st time I got drunk was as a teen when she handed me a single shot of some 150 proof polish liqueur and we both took a shot, I fell in a chair and she kept rocking in her chair laughing at me.

God..I miss her all the time..thanks for bringing the thread to us!!!

She sounds so much fun, i love how they had hard lifes but had so much energy and happiness

thanks for sharing this story, it made me feel better, i guess the best thing now is that all these things are inside us and will always be there for happy memories

< 3

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

You know they never will

I lost my mom to MS in 2001, taken from us too soon. I grew up listening to her Cat Stevens cassettes in our old VW bus. Thanks for reminding me of her this morning.

the song is beautiful

I'm sorry for your loss, it is never the right time i think, but at least we were able to share a moment of live with them, even if short time < 3

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i guess the best thing now is that all these things are inside us and will always be there for happy memories

It has been many, many years since both my Grandmothers passed away. I have also lost both my Parents and many other loved ones through the years. Yes, you will always have your precious memories. They will always be a part of you. You will find yourself smiling as you hold onto those memories and special moments that you shared together.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

i guess the best thing now is that all these things are inside us and will always be there for happy memories

It has been many, many years since both my Grandmothers passed away. I have also lost both my Parents and many other loved ones through the years. Yes, you will always have your precious memories. They will always be a part of you. You will find yourself smiling as you hold onto those memories and special moments that you shared together.

I sometimes wonder about it, how does it feel to have two lol, i did not have both, i never knew the grandmother from my father side, she was American, "Lucy" and i never met her, so weird to think about it
Must be special to be around more people, like you can go spend days with a side and then other days with other side of the family, and more cousins and uncles/aunts lol

It did not help i was on the other side of the world and i kind of was not accepted on this 'other side' once i tried to mix in, too bad

Yes i have lots and lots of precious memories, i could not tell them all, and so i bet you also have and must be so great

edit on 5-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

People on ATS always have great songs, is like you have a song for every single moment in life lmao

Thank you so much for posting this, i loved it, even though i kind of not get it at some points but it is clearly a great song. I will get it eventually, for sure

new topics

top topics

join