It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they hiding about Kavanaugh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
“The information in the background investigation file is not marked top secret or classified, but it is not to be leaked or even characterized. Senators are "not allowed to share any details whatsoever," a committee aide said.”

www.nbcnews.com...

I guess a FOIA request is in order. How is it this investigation is not public? What is the WH hiding?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
“The information in the background investigation file is not marked top secret or classified, but it is not to be leaked or even characterized. Senators are "not allowed to share any details whatsoever," a committee aide said.”

www.nbcnews.com...

I guess a FOIA request is in order. How is it this investigation is not public? What is the WH hiding?
DiFi requested that it not be made public. Rumor has it that her fingerprints are on the emails to the press to spread the accusations out to delay the confirmation. That will eventually leak, if true.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That's just funny.

The WH?

wow

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
from what I hear the report ( One only ) is mainly kept secret and can be only viewed by senators. But you could prove me wrong.

Show me the background checks on Ruth Bader Ginsburg. If they aren’t secret they should be common knowledge and easy to find.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
operatives are on RED ALERT!!!

Disregard this message...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a committee aide said

So now we get our news from 'committee aides.'

Strange that they all seem to want to keep the public in the dark ... unless it may help them ... and they usually get burnt in the end.

P

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Uhhhhh because its an investigation? Will be made public when it's concluded......

Same reason a police investigation doesn't reveal key information to the public....

Weaksauce

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka
Well, what do you think they’re hiding?

Or did you post this just to put it out there?

edit on 310102018 by Variable2027 because: Words

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

100 Senators will see the reports in their entirety.

The instructions are not to divulge any personal information.

Let's see who leaks and who don't leak.

Senators only, no staff or reporters.

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Dr Christine M Blasey Ford already knows what in it.

So does Fuller-Brush salesman Avonatti.

👧🙅👧

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's not classified, which means the rule imposed will be tested. There will be leaks, maybe not to the press initially, but to others behind the scenes, or indirectly involved. Restricting who sees it, logging when etc makes it easier to track the leaks.

I'm sure most of it will come out one way or another, sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I Agree

a reply to: ausername

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It won’t be at that time. The investigation will have been concluded.

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Uhhhhh because its an investigation? Will be made public when it's concluded......

Same reason a police investigation doesn't reveal key information to the public....

Weaksauce

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Such a one dimensional and shallow post.

Ever think maybe someone came forward only if their identity could be kept out of the public circus?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

www.nbcnews.com...

Ever think it is to protect Ford?

We know she was manipulated into this...maybe they are hitting senators...who knows.

What I know, is I never saw the details of my FBI background check, I just got my clearance.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

What I know, is I never saw the details of my FBI background check, I just got my clearance.

The FBI does not do "background checks."

They can be involved in "background investigations."

However, since 2016:

The federal government announced changes to the way it conducts background security clearances on Friday, including the creation of a new agency, in response to a massive hack of government files that breached millions of Americans' personal information last year. In an attempt to strengthen the way the government handles the personal data of its employees and federal contractors, the administration announced the creation of the National Background Investigations Bureau, or NBIB, which will replace the Office of Personnel Management's existing Federal Investigative Services. The NBIB will still fall under OPM's management, but the Pentagon will control the design, development, security and operation of its background investigations information technology system, the White House said in a release.

Source

However:

The National Background Investigations Bureau (NBIB) is a semi-autonomous U.S. Government agency housed within the United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM) that is responsible for conducting security clearance investigations into individuals who need to hold security clearances for employment purposes. Creation of the agency was announced in January 2016.[1] NBIB is the primary service provider of background investigations for the U.S. Government and conducts approximately 95 percent of government-wide background investigations for more than 100 federal agencies.[2]The agency's background investigation information technology (IT) systems will be designed, built, secured, and operated by the United States Department of Defense.[3]

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
They probably need to keep the results under wraps until criminal charges are filed against various people.
They may wait until after the vote to proceed with anything else.

It seems logical that if there was anything in the FBI report against Kavanaugh, it would be quickly leaked.
The desperation of the Resist movement makes that certain.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not that I'm any kind of Oracle - but it is my belief that the security surrounding the document will be lifted once the senate confirmation vote is taken. At that point, regardless of content of the report, it makes no sense to keep it confidential unless, as has been said, indictments are to be forthcoming. Even then I would expect leaks based on some partial disclosure.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that the notion of the public having a right to see anything that's not classified is false. There are 9 reasons a FOIA request can be denied. The information being classified is only one of them.

The nine exemptions are described below.

Exemption 1: Information that is classified to protect national security.

Exemption 2: Information related solely to the internal personnel rules and practices of an agency.

Exemption 3: Information that is prohibited from disclosure by another federal law.

Exemption 4: Trade secrets or commercial or financial information that is confidential or privileged.

Exemption 5: Privileged communications within or between agencies, including those protected by the: 1. Deliberative Process Privilege (provided the records were created less than 25 years before the date on which they were requested) 2. Attorney-Work Product Privilege 3. Attorney-Client Privilege

Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual's personal privacy.

Exemption 7: Information compiled for law enforcement purposes that: 7(A). Could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings 7(B). Would deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication 7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy 7(D). Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source 7(E). Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law 7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual

Exemption 8: Information that concerns the supervision of financial institutions.

Exemption 9: Geological information on wells.

FOIA.gov
edit on 4 10 18 by face23785 because: Added source so you don't have to take my word for it

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Excellent post!!! Thank you!

a reply to: face23785

top topics

join