It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Now He's not a Rapist--He's Just an Asshole

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Collins just gave a FANTASTIC speech on the subject.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You are correct, the correction to such lies with the people. Part of the problem are those who do not vote. Part are the people who vote, when they vote the same politician in time and time again.

Such was brought up, though they did not release all of the records, and I can only imagine that many of such is still classified, and some of those records will never see the light of day, well not for a good 40 years, and even then it may never be.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Did you read the case and the opinion of the Supreme Court? Abortion was part of the case, but also the right of privacy between a patient and a doctor. And the right of a patient to decide the course of a medical treatment.

Reverse that one case, and then any employer or even the government could demand and see your medical records. And there would really be no legal remedy, until a person was to retry another court case on up to the US Supreme court. And if there is privacy in a doctors office, how would one know what medical treatment a person was or was not getting, including abortion?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Can ats be held responsible if he is found not guilty? They vilify this man daily.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

As much as I'd like to see the leftists handed yet another defeat, individual members who express their opinions are unlikely to face any such consequence (although its never outside the realm of possibility - anyone can sue anyone for any reason, technically). It is nearly impossible to punish a private citizen for free speech (unless it contains a direct, credible and imminent threat of physical harm) especially when that free-otherwise-non-threatening-speech is directed at a public figure.

To be successful in a civil lawsuit (which is all slander/libel/defamation really is), one must prove that several key elements probably & most likely exist (unlike the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard of criminal trials):

1) the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false and defamatory statement concerning the plaintiff.

2) the plaintiff must prove that the defendant made an unprivileged publication to a third party.

3) the plaintiff must prove that the publisher acted at least negligently in publishing the communication.

4) in most cases, the plaintiff must articulate the actual, tangible, quantifiable damages. (ie: put a $ amount on it, and show why)

Believe me, I'd love to see these liars and misinformers held accountable for their intentionally malicious lies and vindictive rumor-mongering. However, this would also be used against Republicans. For instance, the thousands of times I shared Hillary's leaked emails over the Summer of 2016...

edit on 10/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I think I see what you meant now

Kavanaugh was never going to be found "guilty" or "not guilty" in this matter. Although it was never a criminal trial (nor could it become one, due to statute of limitations and rulings on ex post facto law), the standard was always up to the Senate itself since the Constitution provides them considerable leeway on how to carry out their advise & consent duty.

Essentially, the Senate acted properly by observing the requirements of "due process" and burdening the accuser with the requirement of proving his/her accusations. As Senator Collins said, failing to observe due process/fairness would've essentially been the final nail in the coffin of "legitimacy" (paraphrased)

I could never support a government that didn't always afford the accused due process/presumptive innocence each time, every time. There are certain national security emergencies where a gray area may exist, but our Constitution is very clear that depriving Citizens of those very basic protections as enumerated in the BOR is not excusable or justifiable under any circumstance

edit on 10/6/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The fact is 'temperament' is NOT the same thing as 'judicial temperament'.....two entirely different things.

The ones basing their opposition to BK based on his temperament during the final hearing when he was defending his honor and integrity against the lies and accusations are just misinformed. They are either purposely or stupidly misrepresenting the meaning of 'judicial temperament'.

His 'judicial temperament' was rated at the top of the top.

edit on 6-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Lets have teh FBI investigate all members of the Dem party.
Start with Di Fi and move on down the line.
She alone should be in jail and kicked out for paying for Fords legal expenses.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Collins just gave a FANTASTIC speech on the subject.

www.facebook.com...

i was watching it with my American friend, i loved it and it almost brought tears to his eyes, thats what he told me and i felt it from his voice

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
A Truth Bomb Like None Other:

1) Best Proof EVER that Trump/Zionists Are NOT Patriots - Red Pill BIN Truth Bomb

2) 5100 Sealed Indictments Hoax Exposed

3) Incredible Photos Tell All [Each Photo Worth a 1000 Words?]

drive.google.com...

Note: The link above, in addition to presenting this report, includes a PDF download option [a "down arrow" icon toward the top of the screen].

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join