It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Now He's not a Rapist--He's Just an Asshole

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Having looked and thought about this here is what I can say about this:

It is not what happened 30 years ago, that we should be worried about, like how the man was an alcoholic and drank to excess, and blacked out. What we should be concerned about is what the man was doing while in the White House under the Bush administration, and his participation in some policies, that no one wants, but seem to give him a pass on. On the very idea that a sitting president is above the law, and the violation of our very rights.

But does any of that matter?

And the Op is looking forward to the overturning of a landmark court case, even with celebration of such. The funny thing about most court cases, is that they have benefits that many do not see or consider. And the Op thinks that it will be a good idea that Roe, will be reheard, that the court will overturn its prior decision. What will the Op do, or those who will celebrate it do, when the case is overturned, and they lose a right in the process. And the question can be asked was it worth it?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Kavanaugh's message to Democrats ........... after the FBI reports

The I-95 Song graphically explained

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Yep. All that should have been brought up.

Why wasn't it? Ask the Judiciary committee why it wasn't. I'm sure you'll get nothing of substance back.

This is what "advice and consent" has come to mean now. Get used to it, it ain't gonna change anytime soon, unless we, the voters/citizens get off our dead, complaisant, and apathetic asses and make it change.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

This is what "advice and consent" has come to mean now. Get used to it, it ain't gonna change anytime soon, unless we, the voters/citizens get off our dead, complaisant, and apathetic asses and make it change.

That aint gonna happen, people are too busy fantasising about taking out the other side no matter what it takes, too bad both sides cannot see that they are marching in the same direction.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
A rapist getting to decide on Roe the irony and hypocrisy at the same time. The right wing nutters will really get their rocks off on that. They've been blowing stuff up and harassing abortion clinics for decades. But what ever it takes right?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
A rapist getting to decide on Roe the irony and hypocrisy at the same time. The right wing nutters will really get their rocks off on that. They've been blowing stuff up and harassing abortion clinics for decades. But what ever it takes right?

Then Ford should file charges if her account is true.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Warheadzonforeheadz
No matter the outcome, this has made more people, that would otherwise ignore politics, pay attention to the govt and what they're doing. I've talked to friends and family that were indifferent to how things worked before but have no become polarized.

That is a bad thing. Stay away from politics. Life is too short.
People are inundated with politics today and they have replaced the day time soap operas.

Even people not from the u.s. are obsessed with u.s. politics. Even children as young as middle school are standing firm on their liberal beliefs.

Turn off the news. So much out there we should be doing

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Really? You serious with this post lefty? So 50+ million dead babies since 1973 is your claim to fame and "right wing nutters" are all Timothy Mcveighs? And now 'you' see the hypocrisy, or maybe your college degree doesn't allow for the 'big picture' to be viewed within your minds eye. Twist the truth and make it what you want, that is the correct way is it not? I am a homophobic gang rapist who wants to save babies and lie about my past, hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
The irony of it all.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I say abolish Roe, fix the old court's mistakes and ensure baby killers no longer have the protection of the federal government to kill their unborn children so cavalierly. Of course there should be some exceptions, life & death emergency, etc. The only other option would be mandating sterilization after undergoing the procedure, but still allowing the one-time use of it.

Actually, the Federal Government has zero Constitutionally delegated authority to have any say whatsoever about abortion (or 95% of all of its other usurpations).

All of these are (or should be) State issues, including abortion.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
Well if all the right wing nuts do is protest clinics that is non-violent. There have been some cases of doctors being shot by extreme right wing nut cases and that amounts to 2 or 3 in the last 20 years. But recently on twitter ANTIFA and SJW posted violent threats against conservative senators and radio talk show hosts. They even discussed weapons choices for most effectiveness. What you folks are not getting is this really amounts to a Communist take over. Red China is backing democrats in ads right here in the US. WAKE UP.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Pretty sure HE IS BOTH! Those things go together pretty much always.

One has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, the other hasn't.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

QQ

Tears are delicious so sad you weren't allowed to ruin a man for political gain.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's too late. The Dems lose either way.

If they confirm him, the court has a conservative majority for the foreseeable future.

If they DON'T confirm him, the Dems lose BIG TIME in November as a sea of angry voters vote them right out of their seats. And then, Trump's next nominee is approved in no time flat, as they'll have more than enough votes.

They gambled and lost. That's it. The fat lady has sung. Elvis has left the building.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The "Left" can always demand recusal 😃

"Dr Ford" needs a time traveler to file charges in 1982 on her behalf since she was a "Minor" at the time 😃

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If only he was good at Soccer.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
These fears of an overturn of Row v Wade are completely unfounded. (and historically, near impossible).

Politically, it's a dead horse issue, and has been for years.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

What right would I lose if Roe was overturned?

The right to murder someone because they're putting a cramp in my party style?
edit on 10/5/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

No, they're not, actually. Most states have "trigger laws" that will go into effect the instant Roe is overturned, that would effectively ban most abortions.

You see, the people are, by and large, pro-life. The only way these murderers can retain their right to kill innocent people is to supercede the will of the people and mandate their policies through the judiciary.

Good f# riddance to that. The murderers should be very afraid, indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Pretty sure HE IS BOTH! Those things go together pretty much always.

One has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, the other hasn't.

At this point being a democrat on this site means you absolutely lost your mind. Posts like these prove it.

Don't you guys feel even a tiniest bit pathetic? I don't even think an FBI investigation was needed, yet here we are after it and you lot repeat the same mantra your liberal overlords expected you to.

You forgot some hashtags like #BelieveWomen .

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
These fears of an overturn of Row v Wade are completely unfounded. (and historically, near impossible).

Politically, it's a dead horse issue, and has been for years.

The problem is that so many people are clueless how their government works; so to them it is a real fear.

A few weeks ago I was speaking to my PhD ejected sister in law about the possibility of another conservative judge. She got upset at the fact that if Roe was over turned that abortion would be made illegal.

I explained to her that the Supreme court doesn't make things illegal or legal and that they instead rule on a laws legality. She tried to argue that i was wrong and that the Supreme court makes laws and that over turning the Roe law would make a new law wherein abortion would be illegal. She tired to use the Gay Marriage ruling a few years ago as an example of how the Supreme Court makes laws, in that case making it a law that gay people can marry.

It took me a while to teach her the civics of it all and how the federal government works. Again this is a PhD educated person.

The fear is real; it's the education that is lacking.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join