It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Now He's not a Rapist--He's Just an Asshole

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LSU2018

Then she should be held accountable.

QED.

I know, but will she. That's the question. That's also why her lawyers probably started talking for her after the lunch recess.

"Mrs. Ford, did you enjoy your lunch today?"

::Ford turns to look at lawyers for answers::

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

My wife was just wondering the same thing the other day. She asked me how I think the history books in schools will portray this when our 2 year old is in high school.

It won't. I can't remember any history book I had devoting any time to the selection of Supreme Court Justices. Not even RBG or Thurgood Marshall.

In this age of IT, things are much more overblown as finding whatever you want is just a fingertip away.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

We live in a world where Ted Kennedy can kill a woman while driving drunk and serve 50 years in the Senate.

Expecting justice from DC is like expecting prime rib at a tofu bar run by chin-beards with man-buns.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
the game plan all long was Character Assassination of the nominee (a Conservative) and the forced Delay of any confirmation vote...
Feinstein was the orchestrator with the 11th hour revealing of the Ford Letter which accused Kavanaugh of 'Bad Character' as her (Dr Ford) accusation was Un-Provable/ Non-Criminal/ Hear-Say... from the onset.

Ms Feinstein revealed or 'un-masked' Dr Ford, contrary to the Letter request to remain anonymous...
also the Senior Member Senator of the hearing committee knew that Dr Ford would have a greater impact with in-person testimony so that a Delay/Character Assassination could be effected with a larger 'live-televised' public audience

the object being to at least delay the confirmation vote until After the mid term elections... and hoping that a full bowl of spaghetti noodles thrown-at-the-wall would result in some of the noodles sticking to the wall of accusations (sex harassment/excess beer drinking/blackouts/shady character traits/conduct unbecoming a future leader or political figure)

in steps AZ senator Flake to cause an additional delay, with the rosy sounding BS that another work-week of (corrupted) FBI sleuthing will 'prove' something from the nebulous accusation of an un-dated time-place-location/ with other witnesses whom might recall the party where a sex assault happened to (the then ? 15 y.o.) ms. Ford some 30+ years ago

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

I lay the blame at the feet of those who had her letter in early July and played games with it rather than having this brought up in committee, investigated quietly, and resolved on way or the other before we got to this point.

None of this was ever supposed to see daylight. Remember, St. Christine of the Ford didn't even want it out in the open.

So lay the blame on the ones who thought it was best brought up at the 11th hour to play political stall games instead of following established procedure.

As you should. And the ones on your side of the aisle as well. What this isn’t, is setting a precedent for people to be accused of something and then having to prove it didn’t happen. As you said earlier and so many people here think.

Politicians have always had to defend themselves against allegations of this kind, the only thing different in this case is how they reacted. And that’s on them, not the people who bring the allegations.

It would have been a calm, regular hearing if the politicians involved hadn’t made it otherwise. They wanted this to be a spectacle. They wanted this reaction. And people are playing right into their hands.

Gotta get that anger and involvement up before the midterms.

If Kavanaugh hadn't come out of the gate lieing, this would have been a slam dunk for the Republicans. The right could have handled this so much better, but it seems you just have to be antagonistic at all times and at all costs.

What happened July 1, 1982
Devils Triangle
Boof
"I've never blacked out"

How would any of these things have been disqualifying if he had not lied about them? Lied under oath. They happened when he was 17 ffs!

Like many of you, I am sick of the two tiered justice system in this country and this is a direct showing of just that, rich people can lie under oath, the rest of us would go to jail.

Get a new guy or get Elizabeth Warren in 2020!

[Sorry underwerks, I started out replying to something you said, and then flipped it around to address the antagonistic audience, I know you're not on that side).
edit on 10/4/2018 by whargoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, Trump picking him clearly shows he needs to be impeached.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes, Trump picking him clearly shows he needs to be impeached.

On the plus side, anyone who gets nominated for president on the democrat side will have to show everything they did in high school, will have to show they never drank in college, and any accusation anyone ever makes about them is clear evidence of guilt.

This is going to be fun!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If you were a smarter man you'd also vote Republican.

If you don't. It's impeach Trunp,Impeach Kavanugh, Ban gunz(Mark Warner latest bullsnip), and raising taxes on yourselves.

And mere allegations of rape will destroy anyone that gets in the D's way.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

We live in a world where Ted Kennedy can kill a woman while driving drunk and serve 50 years in the Senate.

And Hilary and Chelsea go on the air and ignore their father, and husband sexual predatation.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I admit.to not even watching the hearing. I only heard about it as it unfolded. I was told Ford was fumbling with her glasses getting her hair stuck in them and putting on the voice of a distraught woman.

Images of her to me resemble a very cold and calculated woman.

Then you can watch it portrayed on snl and matt damon plays kavanaugh and they totally overdue the angry beer drinking claim but oddly I was surprised they didnt have ford with her messy hair and glasses...i think they missed some comedy there for the sake of their ideology...the only thing the ahow has going for it for the past twenty years

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: underwerks
Kavanaugh thread 10,031, saying the same thing and nothing new. Over and over.

If I was a smarter man I’d say you guys seem a bit scared of something.

But what about "Judicial Temperament" ?

The tolerant Left strikes (out) again 😃

Ya, what about that. The guy came screaming out of the gate about Clinton conspiracies and how he was going to make the democrats pay, how on earth can you look at that and think "ya, this guy is fair and unbiased". You know that is what the nomination review process is about right? To assess the candidates ability to be fair and unbiased before they rise to the highest court in the land.

Then he started into lieing under oath...

I get it, you want an anti abortion pro gun judge. Get one, this guy isn't going to work out for you. You are screaming towards a constitutional crisis and dragging the rest of us with you. You put this guy on the court and its going to make things worse, the integrity of the court will now be in question and its going to make that constitutional crisis worse (for both sides).

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman
I admit.to not even watching the hearing. I only heard about it as it unfolded. I was told Ford was fumbling with her glasses getting her hair stuck in them and putting on the voice of a distraught woman.

Then you can watch it portrayed on snl and matt damon plays kavanaugh and they totally overdue the angry beer drinking claim but oddly I was surprised they didnt have ford with her messy hair and glasses...i think they missed some comedy there for the sake of their ideology...the only thing the ahow has going for it for the past twenty years

So, you didn't watch it (even though it was recorded) and you still feel like you need to assess it. And then forward on the talking points your talking heads want you to bleet out. What happened to forming your own opinion, the Koch bros love you brah.

I watched it. She was poised and courteous. He was a raving mad man railing about clinton conspiracies and beer.

That's the other thing here, this is all being pushed by the Koch brothers. Why are you so comfortable with that?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And Hilary and Chelsea go on the air and ignore their father, and husband sexual predatation.

What does that have to do with anything? Our side had a sex pred, so your side gets one now too? That's just dumb-dumb thinking. Guess what, Bill got #metooed 20 years before it was cool.

/off topic a bit
And do you really want to go down that road? Because if we're setting precedent then Muller has every right to go about his investigation just like Starr did. I know you are not a hypocrite Neo, because you are an upstanding patriotic american man. The Whitewater investigation was about a land deal that looked fishy, and ended with a bj in the oval office, and a "victim" that has stood by it being consensual to this day. Now how are you going to feel about RussiaRussiaRussia getting turned into money laundering and tax evasion. Again, I think I can assume that you don't like your money stolen from you, what do you think tax evasion is?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Can you drain the swamp when its flooded with salty tears?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

So, you didn't watch it (even though it was recorded) and you still feel like you need to assess it. And then forward on the talking points your talking heads want you to bleet out. What happened to forming your own opinion, the Koch bros love you brah.

I watched it. She was poised and courteous. He was a raving mad man railing about clinton conspiracies and beer.

That's the other thing here, this is all being pushed by the Koch brothers. Why are you so comfortable with that?

It's interesting how two people can watch the exact same thing and come away with two different perspectives. You saw a raving mad man and I saw an honorable man fighting for his reputation. You saw a poised woman and I saw a woman who looked like they just let her out of the straight jacket.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: whargoul

It's interesting how two people can watch the exact same thing and come away with two different perspectives. You saw a raving mad man and I saw an honorable man fighting for his reputation. You saw a poised woman and I saw a woman who looked like they just let her out of the straight jacket.

But when you are fighting for you're reputation, maybe you shouldn't blatantly lie under oath. Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Reverse osmosis maybe ?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Anyway. I look forward to the first challenge to Roe. Have a nice evening, baby killers. Your time is up.

I always believed we should respect the established rights of others, and leave the divisive issues for the birds (ie: not address them at all). However, the left has never respected our rights (our free speech rights, our gun rights, our rights to be free from their influence, etc) and after the disgusting attacks on our people/Kavanaugh I have done a 180 degree turn on this.

I say abolish Roe, fix the old court's mistakes and ensure baby killers no longer have the protection of the federal government to kill their unborn children so cavalierly. Of course there should be some exceptions, life & death emergency, etc. The only other option would be mandating sterilization after undergoing the procedure, but still allowing the one-time use of it.

Either way, they don't respect our rights and I'm not particularly concerned about theirs. Perhaps next time they'll think twice before foaming at the mouth/spit flying as they spread their virulent and malicious lies about real Americans

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And any person who chalked Kavanaugh's response up to "white male anger" is a piece of #, hands down. First of all, white males (and any person) may be angered as they see fit. Further, given the nature of the false accusations, I think his response was very muted (compared to how mine would've been: total war)

Looks like the democrats should be thanking the hysterical and paranoid far-left for yet another major defeat. Democrats, when will you learn that you'll get nothing so long as you align yourself with far-left radical garbage? Wise up, wake up.

edit on 10/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Unless, of course, it favors them. In which case, well then, those Founding Fathers sure had their # together, didn't they?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join