It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Senate Will View the Brett Kavanaugh FBI Report on Thursday 10.4.2018.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: carewemust

McConnell just went to the floor of the Senate and filed a cloture motion. This Senate rule prevents filibustering / delays. Vote to confirm looks like it will be held Saturday.

Thankyou for the update! So many things to follow this week. It's like the Sky is Falling...on Democrats.

Another development. DOJ announces a special press briefing for tomorrow (Thursday) morning.
twitter.com...

(post by MRinder removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Flake will probably screw this over. He still has McCain's dead balls swinging from his mouth. And never trust Lindsey Graham, not that he will vote no but he will undermine things behind the scene, see reference to McCain's balls above. They also apply to Lindsey.

Jeff Flake may have helped last weekend, when he said (on 60 Minutes) that there's NO WAY he'd vote against Kavanaugh, if he were running for re-election again.

That serves notice to Murkowski/Collins, and a couple of "Red State" Democrats that if they want to be re-elected, VOTE KAVANAUGH.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
All right. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Someone better get in there and Whip Those Votes! We better have 9 justices ready to go by Sunday.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MRinder
Flake will probably screw this over. He still has McCain's dead balls swinging from his mouth. And never trust Lindsey Graham, not that he will vote no but he will undermine things behind the scene, see reference to McCain's balls above. They also apply to Lindsey.

Jeff Flake may have helped last weekend, when he said (on 60 Minutes) that there's NO WAY he'd vote against Kavanaugh, if he were running for re-election again.

That serves notice to Murkowski/Collins, and a couple of "Red State" Democrats that if they want to be re-elected, VOTE KAVANAUGH.

Politicians say what they need to. Rarely do their actions meet their words.

And Jeff Flake isn't running for reelection. ... And McConnell isn't exactly a wiz at getting the win, most likely on purpose.
edit on 3-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If Dick Durbin is the Dim Whip, who is the Republican Whip?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Not sure. I did a cursory search for it, but I didn't turn it up.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Not sure. I did a cursory search for it, but I didn't turn it up.

No "WHIP" will be needed to get Kavanaugh votes. The White House has viewed the FBI Report, and, like the Prosecutor (who questioned Kav/Ford) determined, there was NO sexual misconduct committed by Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 10/4/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I guess Senator Grassley is working all night. What does this tweet from him mean?
twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I have had issues trying to explain what a farce this investigation is to some family members and came across this video just a few minutes ago.

I think he does a pretty good job of laying out why the democrats should get blasted for their handling of the allegations from Mrs. Ford.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I guess Senator Grassley is working all night. What does this tweet from him mean?
twitter.com...

A 4AM tweet from Grassley? Interesting...

He's not on the west coast either. Seems like a sense of urgency. Or someone who's eager to pass a hot potato.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

twitter.com...

He's not on the west coast either. Seems like a sense of urgency. Or someone who's eager to pass a hot potato.

I think Grassley is going to make sure Democrats cant accuse him / Republicans of blocking access to the material like they claimed before the vote.

The fact he opted to use the 2009 Senate rules put together by Democrats is also telling. They arent going to give Democrats any chance to bitch about something. Using their own rules against them was brilliant.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yep.
Grassley wanted to remind the Democrats before they wake up and start obstructing first thing in the morning via the media.

They are not going to lay down quietly. This will be an interesting few days.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

twitter.com...

President Trump is a leader when it comes to displaying energy and resilience too. Thank God America picked this high-energy President over ...well.. you know.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Democrats were in total disarray this morning.

And this afternoon.

And tonight.

And all day tomorrow.

😎

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

President Trump hit them hard again this evening at a Minnesota rally. He puts the Energizer Bunny to SHAME.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join