It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to the United States Senate from Law Professors Around the Country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: FyreByrd

yeah but did they write that under oath?
makes a difference

^^for Kav

No but they did have the cojones to sign their REAL NAMES too it.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I hope these professors have this letter saved in a format where the name of the person they hate is easily changed. IMO, they will need to send it out at least 2 more times before 2024.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
its does mention the federalist papers

that is like the gospel around here

not anymore?

SPIT

Anti federalist. States rights. The way the nation SHOULD be

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I can't trust these lawyers until they have been vetted back into high school to insure that they never drank a beer.

I mean, that's the bar we're setting, amirite?

I mean, you can't have people of lower character judge a man of higher character.

link   

dont all the people that do cause they can learn from people that taught cause they can't?
or something

i really dont understand this dig at people who teach

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Does anyone know the political affiliations of each of the signers of this document? I would question that to be sure it was a bipartisan effort first before putting too much stock in its recommendation. It is only prudent IMO.

Judgeships are designed to be non-partisan.

Professors of law teach open-minded evaluation of facts.

A huge problem is that Kavanaugh is so viscously partisan - not for any value such as liberty, freedom or justice - but for Corporate Rule.

link   
I wonder what could be found in these professors teenage years that if confronted with and exposed to the public mixed in with all kinds of unsubstantiated allegations and interrogated about in a shameful tribunal for all the world to see, how many of them would have the judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land.

Then try to explain it all to their wives, children, families, and people that have known them for decades.

Could they keep their cool?

If Kavanaugh lost his judicial temperament through this process then perhaps it was too much, they broke him. But I wonder if anyone in the same situation could have possibly handled it any better.

They destroyed this man, he didn't destroy himself.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is obviously a letter written with all the sincerity of a lawyer, a profession well known for its ample professionalism, compassion and understanding.

I did find it odd they didn't attach their yearbooks to the letter. Personally I am asking my senators for there yearbooks.

I really cannot believe that anyone thinks this is good for the country.

Plus no comment on the ethics of Fords lawyers.

At least now I have a list of who to avoid in the future.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The premise of this letter is insane. This is genuinely unbelievable...

Those traits and characteristics are required of a person when ACTING AS A JUDGE. Not throughout 100% of their personal life.

If that's the way they interpret things, then I'm assuming that any current judges who have got angry at someone cutting them off in traffic, serving them a terrible meal, or shouting at a referee's decision during a match are no longer qualified to occupy their role, and should step down immediately.

Attack me professionally, and I'll respond professionally. Attack me personally, and I'll respond personally...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Bullsh*t.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: angeldoll

Additionally, after the unfortunate and unsettling tirade he went on against the opposing party,
any degree of fairness towards them could never be expected or trusted.

Anything resembling 'impartial" has been lost.

You support impeachment of Ginsburg them I assume after she went after trump?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

If kavanaughs temperament and bias are being a reason to not have him on the court, then wouldnt ginsburgs attacks of trump show her temperament and bias and be a reason to take her off the court?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I am guessing that every one of them is Democrat.
There is a scarily large portion of the judiciary who use the court systems to further their political agenda.

Democrats have to use the court system because they can't get the population to vote for them. Generally speaking lawyers are liberals and usually unscrupulous shysters to boot.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

If he had, they would have claimed it was evidence of his guilt.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Kavanaugh never actually was a judge in a state or even county level couthouse. He was essentially an associate counse who got appointed by Bush jr to the US Court of Appeals.

This should bring out red flags. Unfortunately we jave sports team mentality and those who support Trump will never see a problem.
edit on 3-10-2018 by jrod because: Bx

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Does anyone know the political affiliations of each of the signers of this document? I would question that to be sure it was a bipartisan effort first before putting too much stock in its recommendation. It is only prudent IMO.

Judgeships are designed to be non-partisan.

Professors of law teach open-minded evaluation of facts.

A huge problem is that Kavanaugh is so viscously partisan - not for any value such as liberty, freedom or justice - but for Corporate Rule.

Interesting diatribe. But, it doesn't answer my question does it now? So, do you know the answer to the actual question or are you trying to filibuster and delay?

Which is it?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Who would have thought, partisan academics. After the courts and Government are straightened out, attention will have to be focused on partisan academics so children will receive a well rounded education and not an indoctrination.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

A huge problem is that Kavanaugh is so viscously partisan

Pretend I am in Missouri and "show me"

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Fallingdown

If he had, they would have claimed it was evidence of his guilt.

You’ve got that right brother.

In fact if I went out in the morning to pick up my newspaper and stepped in my liberal neighbors dog’s turd .

He would probably grab the paper out of my hands and leaf down to section D page 92 to find a article to prove it was Trump’s fault .

edit on 3-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I hope these professors have this letter saved in a format where the name of the person they hate is easily changed. IMO, they will need to send it out at least 2 more times before 2024.

They didn't do anything to stop Gorsuch's confirmation.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Strange these professors didn’t write such a letter when Ginsburg was showing her temperament by resisting trump

Did they write it over Sanuel Alito's outburst at Obama during that SoTU speech?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join