It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to the United States Senate from Law Professors Around the Country

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Think what you will about - assault allegations, perjury allegations and other questionable behavior both public and private.

This is an open letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee from 500+ Law Professors representing 90 different Law Schools.

Judicial temperament is one of the most important qualities of a judge.

As the Congressional Research Service explains, to be a judge requires that an individual have “a personality that is evenhanded, unbiased, impartial, courteous yet firm, and dedicated to a process, not a result.”

[1] The concern for judicial temperament dates back to our founding; in Federalist Paper 78, entitled “Judges as Guardians of the Constitution,” Alexander Hamilton expressed the need for “the integrity and moderation of the judiciary.”

We are law professors who teach, research, and write about the judicial institutions of this country. Many of us appear in state and federal court, and our work means that we will continue to do so, including before the United States Supreme Court.

We regret that we feel compelled to write to you to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Thursday, September 27, 2018, the Honorable Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land.

The question at issue was of course painful for anyone. But Judge Kavanaugh exhibited a lack of commitment to judicious inquiry. Instead of being open to the necessary search for accuracy, Judge Kavanaugh was repeatedly aggressive with questioners.

Even in his prepared remarks, Judge Kavanaugh located the hearing as a partisan question, referring to it as “a calculated and orchestrated political hit,” rather than acknowledging the need for the Senate, faced with new information, to try to understand what had transpired. Instead of trying to sort out with reason and care the allegations that were raised, Judge Kavanaugh responded in an intemperate, inflammatory, and partial manner, as he interrupted and, at times, was discourteous to questioners.

www.scribd.com...

In short, this man (and I use the term broadly), is unfit to serve in any capacity as a Judge.

Would you want him 'judging' your son, your daughter?

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Pfffft

Apparently the liberal professors think when the media is calling you a serial rapist you should just sit there and smile ?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

yeah but did they write that under oath?
makes a difference

^^for Kav

+43 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Strange these professors didn’t write such a letter when Ginsburg was showing her temperament by resisting trump

link   
Yeah.

Cuz the first thing I do every single morning is consult the national Law Lobby. Ok. I'll get right on that k?

link   
Does anyone know the political affiliations of each of the signers of this document? I would question that to be sure it was a bipartisan effort first before putting too much stock in its recommendation. It is only prudent IMO.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am guessing that every one of them is Democrat.
There is a scarily large portion of the judiciary who use the court systems to further their political agenda.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

There are a number of very outspoken, very liberal law professors out there.
www.weeklystandard.com...

Wonder why? Oh, maybe because it's the standard liberal academia Good Ol Boy network in action?
townhall.com...

A researcher at Stanford University has confirmed what many have suspected for some time: conservative law professors are being discriminated against at the nation’s most elite law schools.

Piss on 'em if they don't like the pick and the pick's attitude towards being lied about and smeared. Those who can, do... those who can't do, teach.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
But he wasn't sitting as a judge.... he was being friggin bulldozed strait up front

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
its does mention the federalist papers

that is like the gospel around here

not anymore?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Additionally, after the unfortunate and unsettling tirade he went on against the opposing party,
any degree of fairness towards them could never be expected or trusted.

Anything resembling 'impartial" has been lost.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Additionally, after the unfortunate and unsettling tirade he went on against the opposing party,

You support impeachment of Ginsburg them I assume after she went after trump?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Those who can, do... those who can't do, teach.

dont Kav teach?

i never understood why people think this is a slight...

can you explain?

yup

Kavanaugh taught full-term courses on Separation of Powers at Harvard Law School from 2008 to 2015, on the Supreme Court at Harvard Law School between 2014 and 2018, on National Security and Foreign Relations Law at Yale Law School in 2011, and on Constitutional Interpretation at Georgetown University Law Center in 2007

so when is that little phrase a dig?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Dum .... how can you possibly be unbiased when your talking about your self?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

They're just jealous. Most of them have probably forgotten (if they ever knew) how to PRACTICE LAW. Obama was like that.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He was a lecturer, not a professor. There's a difference. In my field (engineering) a lot of professors go the teaching route because they're unable to do the actual design work or unwilling to accept the responsibility for risk that accompanies it.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TinySickTears

He was a lecturer, not a professor. There's a difference. In my field (engineering) a lot of professors go the teaching route because they're unable to do the actual design work or unwilling to accept the responsibility for risk that accompanies it.

Those who can do...those who can’t teach.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: angeldoll

You support impeachment of Ginsburg them I assume after she went after trump?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't give one flying EFF what 'professors' think especially LAW.

BK is a GD federal court Judge.

Those who can do.

Those who can't 'teach'.

And those students are not getting much of an education especially when it comes to civil liberty.

Which the LAW is suppose to protect.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I’m sure it’s obvious that this letter was written in an attempt to sway the vote.

Let me tell you what it does for me, I know intellectually that the universities are filled with highly liberal professors but this gives me an example of how these people don’t need facts to make decisions. And that is what they teach our kids and the future of our country. Scares the hell out of me to see this level of indoctrination in our schools.

Another great reason to vote red and to pack the government with conservatives who will honor the principles which the USA was founded.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join