It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Friend McClean Refutes Polygraph Claim of Ford's Ex-Boyfriend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is one small difference.

HIS statement was under oath to the Judiciary committee.
HER statement was not under oath to ABC News.

And I'm sure that McLean will give her statement under oath. Why wouldn't she? It's impossible to prove that either is lying.

People lie under oath all the time. It's not Wonder Woman's lasso of truth. Off the top of my head, I can think of a half dozen examples of people lying under oath or at least lying to Congress from just the last year.

Oh wouldn't it be nice if it was though?

A2D

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
This is purposefully being tried in the court of public opinion to ruin the man's reputation and career. The whole allegation is absurd. Everything about it smells of a distraction.

Then he should sue here, you know, like in court, so he could have actual due process. Other than that, boo-frickin-hoo.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I can think of a half dozen examples of people lying under oath

I only need one. Bill Clinton.

And Chelsea made the rounds today where the usual shills ignored the hell out of that.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
What is this "under oath" nonsense...as if that makes their statement anymore credible. . People lie under oath ALL. THE. TIME.

A2D

yeah i dont get that either

first reply... under oath??

do other people not live in the real world? i mean just cause you put your hand on the magic book and really really swear to tell the truth that does not mean you have to or you are.

do people not get that?

so this lady says it didnt happen. but people will not believe her until or unless she really swears it?

this is strange to me cause i live in the real world and let me tell you i would have about zero problems with it myself..

im trying to stay out of jail for example

TST, did you do this thing? nope.

hand on bible. really swearing.

TST, did you do this thing? nope

now i know lying under oath comes with a penalty but imo if you are in that position, the risk is probably worth it

go ahead and lampoon me now. im sure i am the only one that would think of doing such a heinous thing.
but it is what it is

i am not one to disbelieve someone until they really swear.
i am also not one to believe someone cause they really swore.

i honestly think to most real people in makes little difference.

that or i am a complete piece of #.

both are possible

link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
For the same reason it shouldn't be disregarded in trials, it is the reasonable, tried and true way to deal with accusations.

It still doesn't cause the Senate hearings to be anything about due process.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is purposefully being tried in the court of public opinion to ruin the man's reputation and career. The whole allegation is absurd. Everything about it smells of a distraction.

Then he should sue here, you know, like in court, so he could have actual due process. Other than that, boo-frickin-hoo.

Who knows? Maybe he will. If he did it now he wouldn't make it to the Supreme Court for sure. It's a lose lose situation for him at the moment.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is one small difference.

HIS statement was under oath to the Judiciary committee.
HER statement was not under oath to ABC News.

And I'm sure that McLean will give her statement under oath.

Good!

Let's all hope she does!

Any further discussion now, until she does is a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For the same reason it shouldn't be disregarded in trials, it is the reasonable, tried and true way to deal with accusations.

It still doesn't cause the Senate hearings to be anything about due process.

Nor does it preclude them from due process either.

link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I cheated on my second wife and my friend covered for me. Does that mean I didn’t do it ?

Absolutely! If you're a registered democrat.

I wish the judge would’ve seen it that way. Then I wouldn’t of lost my house .

Joking aside .

Even though I think these claims are more beneficial to the Republicans than the Democrats in the midterms .

I’ve had enough.

For the love of God can we please have a vote .

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You don't even need the book anymore, now they just ask you to raise your right hand and swear to tell the truth.

And if you're lying you have to insert a needle into your cornea and not get all weepy about it.

link   

Nor does it preclude them from due process either.

In that venue it does since it isn't a trial.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Who knows? Maybe he will. If he did it now he wouldn't make it to the Supreme Court for sure. It's a lose lose situation for him at the moment.

Well then I guess he's stuck having Matt Fivehead Damon break his balls on national television while being a weepy bitch in the Senate.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And it's a disgusting disgrace of a circus that won't end good for either side or our political system in the future.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

And it's a disgusting disgrace of a circus that won't end good for either side or our political system in the future.

Yeah, but watching the Democrats and Republicans fall over each other to act like the bigger bunch of assholes makes my popcorn taste even more scrumptious.

March to that paradigm, bitches.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
What is this "under oath" nonsense...as if that makes their statement anymore credible. . People lie under oath ALL. THE. TIME.

A2D

yeah i dont get that either

first reply... under oath??

do other people not live in the real world? i mean just cause you put your hand on the magic book and really really swear to tell the truth that does not mean you have to or you are.

do people not get that?

so this lady says it didnt happen. but people will not believe her until or unless she really swears it?

this is strange to me cause i live in the real world and let me tell you i would have about zero problems with it myself..

im trying to stay out of jail for example

TST, did you do this thing? nope.

hand on bible. really swearing.

TST, did you do this thing? nope

now i know lying under oath comes with a penalty but imo if you are in that position, the risk is probably worth it

go ahead and lampoon me now. im sure i am the only one that would think of doing such a heinous thing.
but it is what it is

i am not one to disbelieve someone until they really swear.
i am also not one to believe someone cause they really swore.

i honestly think to most real people in makes little difference.

that or i am a complete piece of #.

both are possible

Not sure if you know this or not, but perjury is a crime, where as lying is not. So when someone swears under penalty of perjury, they understand that if they are found to be lying, they will face punishment. Where as if they just bull# randomly, they are a typical liar. No penalty. Make sense?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Isn't this the same friend that was supposed to back up Ford's story but didn't?

Then when Ford was asked why her bestie couldn't recall anything, she suggested it was because of the mental problems she's dealing with?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

In that venue it does since it isn't a trial.

Due process is not limited to the scope of law.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a
Due process is not limited to the scope of law.

It does if you aren't making up definitions:

due process noun

Definition of due process
: a course of formal proceedings (such as legal proceedings) carried out regularly and in accordance with established rules and principles
— called also procedural due process

: a judicial requirement that enacted laws may not contain provisions that result in the unfair, arbitrary, or unreasonable treatment of an individual
— called also substantive due process

Unless of course you have a special definition that deals only with Krybaby Kavanaugh's situation. I'll wait. But not long.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If you were accused of wrong doing, should you have the opportunity to present your side without being automatically condemned based solely off of the words of the accuser?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

If you were accused of wrong doing, should you have the opportunity to present your side without being automatically condemned based solely off of the words of the accuser?

Yeah, that's what a trial is for.

Say I was Brent Krybaby and none of the things about me were true, like me trying to choke-eff some drunk minor or being in Phi Date-a Rape-a fraternity, I would hire an attorney, and being that I was nominated to the Supreme Court I would most likely know at least one or two half way decent ones, and sue her friggin ass for slander until it bled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join