It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama in his own words....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tompdx3

Didn't we have a president lie under oath?
That pretty much set a standard for what's acceptable.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tompdx3
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, Kavanaugh was/is a lousy, sloppy, drinker who gets belligerent,but, the criticism was of his lying about it that a supreme court nominee shouldn't be doing. Is lying an okay quality to have if you are a judge being questioned?

Not sure...we know Clinton and Obama used illegal drugs. We also know Clinton lied under oath and was impeached...and those are Presidents of the US.

Are you suggesting that not lying is now a standard for measure for polititcians?

We wont have a single person that can be in any political office.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Tompdx3

Yes, Kavanaugh was/is a lousy, sloppy, drinker who gets belligerent,but, the criticism was of his lying about it that a supreme court nominee shouldn't be doing. Is lying an okay quality to have if you are a judge being questioned?

Not sure...we know Clinton and Obama used illegal drugs. We also know Clinton lied under oath and was impeached...and those are Presidents of the US.

Are you suggesting that not lying is now a standard for measure for polititcians?

We wont have a single person that can be in any political office.

Sorry...I should clarify. Clinton didnt inhale....

I actually couldn't type that with a straight face....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Didn't inhale....lol
Yeah, he lied..

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Justice Breyer was arrested for underage drinking in college. Didn't prohibit him from being on the SCOTUS.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yes, the powers that be decided he lied. You could argue if it was truly lying or interpreting the question differently.
Lots of people would have probably answered that question the same way Clinton did, and thought they were not lying.

You are right about the new standard, what with the Liar in Chief we have now.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This interview was just two years after his coc aine & crack fueled sexual tryst with Larry Sinclair, in 1999. Drugs were on his mind, back then.

Admitting to doing the aforementioned, in the OP, during his adolescence is actually his way of trying to pad his image. It’s far more tame than the truth.

On a related note, I find Larry Sinclair to be far more credible than Dr. Ford. Larry has a much better memory and told the media they could corroborate his claims if they/anyone could help him subpoena text records from Sprint. But no one had any interest in finding out if Larry was telling the truth. The media didn’t vet Obama, but Congress gets all the vetting their hearts desire before they vote on Kavanaugh.

Blerg.

ETA: Oh, also, Obama never denied Larry’s claims. So there’s that. No reason to believe Larry was lying.
edit on 10/3/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A Supreme Court justice is not a politician. It is also a permanent lifetime position deciding things for all of us.
Much harder to get him out once he is appointed. That's why the Repubs and the Pres. are trying to get him in so bad.
Bulls#t conservative agenda, rollback to the 50's mindset!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You found something that I can respect about him. 6 pack/hour.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

or Clinton smoking pot (but not inhaling, of course).

No , no , no
Bill never EXHALED...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I know....not sure I could pull that off and I have been drinking for years.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Trueman

I know....not sure I could pull that off and I have been drinking for years.

I don't drink anymore but your thread made me so thirsty.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So he was honest about partying in his youth? Well, between Obama and Kavanaugh, that makes one of them at least.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

No , no , no
Bill never EXHALED...

I always thought that was interesting though. The change in our social environment, ya know?
In the eighties, Clinton said he smoked a couple of times at parties but he didn't inhale; I presume thinking it would be met with disapproval, even though people began using it heavily in the 1960's.

Fast forward to 2004 Obama said "yeah, I smoked some in college", and nobody thought it was a big deal.

Baby steps I guess, but interesting - from a sociological perspective.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So he was honest about partying in his youth? Well, between Obama and Kavanaugh, that makes one of them at least.

Guess that depends on how deep we dive on Obama.

I'd say Kav has been pretty honest. It isnt like this video came out while Obama was running for office. And oddly, the NYT has pulled it from their original story.

www.nytimes.com...

Go ahead....try to find it anywhere other than the link I put up in the OP....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wait...what exactly did kav lie about in regards to his drinking habits? He said he likes beer..... and he drinks beer....and he likes it... sometimes he drank a little too much and sometimes he didnt.... he never blacked out and he never got so drunk that he didnt remember what happened to him. He said he never woke up anywhere and didnt know how he got there...and he never woke up missing items like clothes etc.

Did I miss anything? What part did he lie about exactly because i haven't been made aware of this......?

A2D

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
How many women did Obama sexually assault?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
How many women did Obama sexually assault?

At least as many as Kavanaugh has been proven to have assaulted.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I've never been in a physical fight. I don't drink alcohol even to this day and I've never done an illegal drug in my entire life. Also, I would make an awful president, so...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Gothmog

No , no , no
Bill never EXHALED...

I always thought that was interesting though. The change in our social environment, ya know?
In the eighties, Clinton said he smoked a couple of times at parties but he didn't inhale; I presume thinking it would be met with disapproval, even though people began using it heavily in the 1960's.

Fast forward to 2004 Obama said "yeah, I smoked some in college", and nobody thought it was a big deal.

Baby steps I guess, but interesting - from a sociological perspective.

Then fast forward again to 2018 and laughing at parties is evidence of a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join