It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Isn’t The Main Problem With Catholic Priests, Homosexuality Is

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
According to the Federalist, that is:

Homosexuality has been normalized, officially approved, ratified, and okayed. Since the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexuality from the roster of mental disorders in 1973, activists have parlayed homosexuals into a protected species, more like black rhinos or orangutans than moral beings. The church’s ancient description of homosexuality as an “objective disorder” is dismissed as the last gasp of the 19th-century Society for the Suppression of Vice.

Special rights for homosexuals right?

Unchosen celibacy, by contrast, is the condition of many men—and women—who are celibate by happenstance: no opportunity for marriage presented itself; marriage was disallowed by health problems, disability, or disfigurement; a spouse was removed by divorce or death. Many single people live without alternative. Yet no one would be so doltish as to believe unsought singlehood leads to rapacity.

Source

You can read the whole article through the link. Part of the argument, the author attributes the fact that the majority of those abused by priests having been boys is somehow linked to homosexuality and not, really, pedophilia or anything else. Largely there's no real solid evidence in the article, rather the author's observations. Apparently it's a sexual urge to molest both genders must be attributed to sexuality, never mind the fact boys are molested regardless of whether the predator is straight or gay. I can't believe in this day and age people are still pushing for this nonsense?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A child is more easily silenced, no child that goes to church on a regular basis is going to want to accuse their priest of molesting them. First of all it's embarrassing and second of all you run the risk of being labeled a liar by the community. Priests won't go after adults, kids are easier targets to take out their repressed homosexuality on. But either way once you molest a child you are automatically a pedophile in my book.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Has more to do with Christianity then homosexuality or pedophila.
The church has been too complicit for too long covering up the crimes of its priests.
a reply to: Southern Guardian

edit on 3-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Church needs to revert to allowing priests to marry, wonder how much trouble that would save them each year.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Pedophilia is bad, is a gimme there’s no discussion needed .

But

Liberals attack Christianity

And

Defend homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

What's wrong with homosexuality? Repressed sexuality is the issue here much like repressed emotions will eventually find an outlet somehow. Emotions aren't bad though.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Who can say what the cause is? Either a person is born gay, or turned gay by abuse at a young age, or it is a natural continuum where everyone is gay or straight to some degree. The way I understand this, the church does not consider homosexual urges to be sinful but acting upon them is. At any rate, it is not seen as ideal behavior. The Bible seems to not condone it. The church also discourages masturbation and premarital sex. They are not too wild about birth control. Most think this type of behavior is inappropriate for a priest.

There appears to have been a flood of homosexuals entering the priesthood over they past 50 years. I think it was tolerated because not very many other people are willing to become priests anymore. At this point, the homosexuals have become a powerful political faction within the priesthood to the point where it is difficult to do anything to change it. Also, now that it has this reputation, even fewer straight men then before want to get involved.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

it has more to do with Catholicism....not Christianity...

FTFY, their is a BIG difference you know.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Let me reword it then the big 3 abrahamic religions.

Not much difference in my eyes between a devoted Muslim and a devoted Christian.
Same books with different names, same god different names. Both have weird attractions to little boys.

a reply to: smkymcnugget420

edit on 3-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Pedophilia Isn’t The Main Problem With Catholic Priests, Homosexuality Is

That's the author's opinion. And he's wrong.

You can be gay how much ever you want, just DO NOT TOUCH ANY CHILDREN.

Tell me again pedophilia isn't the main problem.

I don't care what 5 naked homosexual priests do in their private meetings, as long as it doesn't include any children in it.

It is that simple.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think they are suppressing much anymore.
edit on 3-10-2018 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just because your homo doesn't give you the right to touch children. It seems like a lot of religions priests and clergy have a real problem with touching children. I'm honestly surprised these children haven't grown up and gone on rampages killing these sick snips. I would support them

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Fallingdown

What's wrong with homosexuality? Repressed sexuality is the issue here much like repressed emotions will eventually find an outlet somehow. Emotions aren't bad though.

If you’re speaking of repressed sexual urges. Why did you only bring up homosexual urges when priest also suppress heterosexual urges. Celibacy was mentioned in the OP.

Suppressed sexual urges go against instinct and are a problem created by each individual‘s mind .

Be it homosexual or heterosexual can both lead to same perversion.

By the way my first post was 90% humor and 10% disgust.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

spoken like someone who hasn't read any of the books...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Seeing how the vast majority of the victims of the church were post-pubescent boys and not pre-pubescent I would say the title of this article is spot on.

The majority of the accused priests are pederasts and not pedophiles so yes homosexual predators in the church is a massive problem.

So big in fact that the church needs to purge every last homosexual from its ranks. Every single one.

After all, think of the children!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

no no no

i dont find it a happy idea that butt# idea is that common. it is a rather perverted thing actually.
edit on 3-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

" Pedophilia Isn’t The Main Problem With Catholic Priests..."

No , I Beg to Differ . I Think the Deviant Scumbags in Hollywood have them Trumped Easely .....)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The problem is the Catholic Church itself.

The Catholic Church has been wrong since it put Galileo's feet to the fire hundreds of years ago.

False religion, money grabbing, scam, con artist, scheme.

A relic from a past age that should have died a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Church needs to revert to allowing priests to marry, wonder how much trouble that would save them each year.

Are you suggesting that marrying would cure paedophilia ? Would that be a homosexual marriage ? Just confused as to how a heterosexual marriage would cure this problem.

Back in the day many homosexuals became priests because it was an easy way to hide their sexual orientation with no questions asked as to why a single guy wasn’t getting married. That was way back in the day.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Homosexuality and Pedophilia are both deviant sexual behaviors that should be avoided by people that consider themselves Godly or spiritual. Both are sinful in the dogma of the Catholic church and neither is better or worse than the other. Maybe the real issue is enforcing celibacy in the first place.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join