It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left wing academics expose the left wing fake academic research engine

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If you don't find this depressing...

Essentially, this team undertook a two year effort to determine how easy it would be to publish academic articles that essentially were really hoaxes. What they learned is stunning.

Think for a moment how on its face a paper entitled, "Human Reactions to Rape Culture and Queer Performativity in Urban Dog Parks" became to be described as "exemplary scholarship"?

Because there are serious problems with the assumptions underlying grievance studies and how scholarship in these fields proceeds, it is incredibly difficult to conclude that the work based in grievance studies can be trusted. This means we are skeptical of the conclusions and recommendations appearing in their scholarship and all subsequent work referencing it. Particularly, there is very little reason to consider work in this field as capable of generating knowledge about the world, the people living in it, and the societies they form.

We conclude the problem we have identified in grievance studies, which has taken over large sectors of the humanities and social sciences, is real and significant. That problem is that a political bias which intentionally blends activism into scholarship (sometimes described as “academic leftism”) has become dominant and entrenched in varying degrees within those fields it has successfully corrupted. Moreover, it aims to spread its assumptions and methods into other fields, including the hard sciences. This, in turn, delegitimizes this scholarship and casts serious doubt upon its conclusions and results. These results and methods are therefore in need of reconsideration.

Link.

Here are the other 'hoax' papers recognized as good scholarship and accepted for publication:

“Dildos”: Going in Through the Back Door: Challenging Straight Male Homohysteria and Transphobia through
Receptive Penetrative Sex Toy Use

“Feminist ​Mein Kampf​”: Our Struggle is My Struggle: Solidarity Feminism as an Intersectional Reply to Neoliberal and Choice
Feminism

“Fat Bodybuilding”: Who Are They to Judge?: Overcoming Anthropometry and a Framework for Fat Bodybuilding

“Joke’s on You”: When the Joke Is on You: A Feminist Perspective on How Positionality Influences Satire

“Hooters”: An Ethnography of Breastaurant Masculinity: Themes of Objectification, Sexual Conquest, Male Control,
and Masculine Toughness in a Sexually Objectifying Restaurant

“Moon Meetings”: Moon Meetings and the Meaning of Sisterhood: A Poetic Portrayal of Lived Feminist Spirituality

Are you starting to get an idea of how broken things really are?

The video concludes with the following:

My collaborators and I are left-wing academics, who can now say with confidence, these people don't speak for us. This is now a plea to all of the progressives and minority groups that these people claim to speak for. We suggest you spend some time critically engaging with the ideas coming out of these fields and decide for yourself whether they speak for you.

edit on 3-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
this is the result of allowing the liberal powers that be to gain so much control in academia that they get to choose who succeeds and fails.

sad.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just... Wow.

You know it's bad if the left are realising the left is a lie.

Though I might have missed where it said they were left wing.

No matter who's doing it, it's pathetic. Seriously pathetic. Idiocracy... Seriously!

What's really scary... This is the kind of junk that's used to push laws and take away rights. People shouldn't just laugh about this.. they should be afraid.
edit on 3-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The left wing admission is at the 6 minute mark on the video. I really would love to hear some sort of counter argument to this, I really would.

Edit: Seriously, when they come out with the documentary I want to rent out a theater and have a screening for a group of people I know. Would need riot protection though from all the triggering going on...
edit on 10/3/18 by Hypntick because: Clarity

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And these same phonies tell you to vote Democrat.

👉😃👈

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Some of you people are so stupid it defies logic.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
Some of you people are so stupid it defies logic.
Haha, I know, right? What's your excuse? 😌

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Care to explain why?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Funny how none of the usual suspects will show up in a thread like this one.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Funny how none of the usual suspects will show up in a thread like this one.

They have their email settings on download every 2 minutes.

Waiting for instructions.

Then the activation code....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess their servers must be down.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This. Explains. So. Much.

When THEY cannot find fault with something, they use the tactic where they just avoid it until it goes away. And in this case there is nothing much they could say except that their entire perspective on reality is based on falsehoods. That's gonna take a little while for them to process...
edit on 10/4/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The flip side of the story is they can then run whatever news articles they want and state dozens or hundreds of official published papers back up their stories.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
For social sciences research, they just need to compare correlations between different society factors; income, age, housing, sexual orientation, number of cars, marital status, number of bags of shopping taken home each week. Most of the time, this information is available through the national census, but if they can find something that isn't on the census, then they can make a research paper from it. That can be done through standard statistical analysis for correlations.

With other research fields like the sciences (Physics), an experiment has to prove a new discovery and that it is statistically significant.

Computer science would require that someone develops a new algorithm and that it is more memory or time efficient that existing algorithms. That's done using performance analysis.

Chemistry research involves finding more efficient chemical processes to achieve a particular state (less energy, fewer stages).

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Sounds like the morons who studied ice bergs as they related to feminism (hint: they don't relate at all
)

Sad that research no longer focuses around curing diseases, improving our technology, cutting costs, improving performance of machines or things that actually benefit our country. Instead, we now pump money into studying feminism, globalism, and why the Po Po are so "evil" and "racist" (according to some misinformed souls, anyway)

So sick of these lying and intentionally obtuse leftists. They are pissed we have rejected their awful agenda, and intend to bring this country to its knees if we'll permit it

top topics

join