It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am done with politics and I am no longer voting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm done. Republicans can have the government. I just don't care anymore. Get rid of social security. Raise gasoline to $10 per gallon. I just don't care anymore. The government does not represent me in any way, shape, or form. I'm done.

George Carlin was absolutely right 20 years ago. I was just too naive to believe him when I saw this the first time. "There's a reason" and he is absolutely right:

edit on 3-10-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, apparently you are not done since you are here now crying about it. When one is done, they move on and have no need to make a proclamation to the world about it. No more crying if you give.up, no rants, no complaining, just aliens and flat earth for you from here on out. Good luck

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I’d give up to if I identified with the left.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
George Carlin was an amazing man and comedian and spot on about how things were and still are. Nothing has changed since then either. Same media/political song and dance and it'll eventually play out the same as it always has. Equilibrium will ensure that.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don’t believe someone so filled with anger will actually be done with politics. When you are driven by anger and hatred it is nearly impossible to let it go without some sort of personal reflection or therapy. I hope you are able to get well.

edit on 2018/10/3 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If you really want to make a difference start with your local government. That is where you will feel the most anyways, not necessarily who is president. If you don't like what your local government is doing, run for yourself.

+5 more 
link   

Who is getting rid of SS and charging $10 for gas? Now be specific. I see successfully renegotiated trade agreements, record low unemployment, new stock market record levels and North Korea firing no more missile tests.
edit on 3-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 3-10-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Good. That's one less Democrat voter.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Bye.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hear this regularly in the UK, "I don't like the people so I'm not going to vote". That statement is the most inane, stupid, idiotic reason in the world. Many, many people actually died to give you the right to vote. The problem is not to feel total apathy that you give up on the voting process, it's WHO you get to vote for. THAT is the real reason and it can only be changed by sorting out the people that get put up for election.
The VOTE IS YOUR ONLY POWER, your choice, do not treat it so tritely. Cos if you didn't have it then you might as well give up on life because then you would have mayhem.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Ok, I will see you on the next Trump thread that gets your more triggered than a liberal at a KKK rally.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that. You sound like you're still whining that Trump won. Pathetic!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I hear this regularly in the UK, "I don't like the people so I'm not going to vote". That statement is the most inane, stupid, idiotic reason in the world. Many, many people actually died to give you the right to vote. The problem is not to feel total apathy that you give up on the voting process, it's WHO you get to vote for. THAT is the real reason and it can only be changed by sorting out the people that get put up for election.
The VOTE IS YOUR ONLY POWER, your choice, do not treat it so tritely. Cos if you didn't have it then you might as well give up on life because then you would have mayhem.

For decades I’ve heard people say your vote doesn’t count.

The election of Donald Trump put that to bed.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Sorry to say but you really are missing out on the fun. You shouldn't take this all so seriously, its really just a game.

Here's the deal in a nutshell. The marvel of 'Mirica is that everyone has someone to hate! Whatever your tribal identification is, someone hates you! And doubtless, many of those other tribes YOU hate as well!

All you need to do is to figure out your Tribe of Interest and then join in with them to try to take as much political power as you can so you can hurt and otherwise do damage to the other tribes such that they'll never again be a threat to your power base!

Try it.............its a blast!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, I can see why you're so frustrated. You're doing it buttocks backwards. Typically, what is wrong with one side politically is what is fueling what is wrong on the other side. If everyone looked in their blind spots and started taking care of what has gone horribly wrong within their own respective parties (which is something you can actually control as opposed to trying to control what someone who is the opposite of you thinks) you'd find that the major things you dislike on the other side of the spectrum would quickly start shrinking in scope as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wait til Kavanugh gets confirmed.

I am sure someone will have a lot to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Who is getting rid of SS and charging $10 for gas? Now be specific. I see successfully renegotiated trade agreements, record low unemployment, new stock market record levels and North Korea firing no more missile tests.

Here you go:
www.cbsnews.com...
www.fool.com...
www.thinkadvisor.com...

Thats just the first three in the list I just googled for you. If you want to try it yourself browse to google.com and enter "plans to reduce social security benefits" without the quotes. I don't see any mention on the left planning this, but lots of GOP issues.

In fact, I think cutting social security benefits are a key point in the Koch bros plans for America.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

How long did people whine after Obama won? Till he was out of office, if I remember correctly!

And how long will you be whining when, the next cycle, the Dems get Cory Booker, or Elizabeth Warren or Bloomberg into the White Hut?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Thats just the first three in the list I just googled for you. If you want to try it yourself browse to google.com and enter "plans to reduce social security benefits" without the quotes. I don't see any mention on the left planning this, but lots of GOP issues.

The problem there is you used google, what did you expect?

Try duckduckgo, the results are a little less bias.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join