It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man, 87, Searches for Job to Pay for Wife's Medical Bills: 'He's a Very Good Man', She Sayss

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You haven’t listened to the fact of the nuances of Medicare where it has a huge gap where it doesn’t pay 100 percent for many medical procedures and only one of these can put you in bankruptcy.

People buy their insurance from a high powered salesman, SELL THEM A POLICY WITH LITTLE OR NO PREMIUM A MONTH BUT THERE ARE BIG GAPS.

They might just pay for 20 percent on a procedure on a bill with thousands of dollars.

One has to pay for something called Medigap to avoid this.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

If you are admitted to a hospital in The U.K. the first thing they check is the pulse.

In America the first thing they check is The Credit Card.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
At least people have the option to pay or not pay with go fund me. They can pick who deserves their money and who doesn’t for their own reasons, which is a good thing.

a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Dam this is going to sound preachy, eeergh

Listen to this speech, I know the first word he emphasises might scare some of our American friends but the second word he emphasises might win a few back

Now the NHS was founded by a party which I have never voted during my adult life but I doubt the majority of us brits regardless of p̶o̶l̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶i̶a̶s̶ own opinion towards the clowns that pretend to run the country would want anything to replace it, this then makes healthcare a basic right for everyone, and if you are then lucky enough to earn a decent wage you can then purchase private health care but you still hold the right to use the NHS.

If you do make it past the scary word intro, you may also here then that we Brits implemented this when the country was bankrupt, right after WW2, Winston Churchill declared the country finacially bankrupt, somehow Nye Bevan was not morally bankrupt like modern day politicians and his conviction at A time when rationing was still in effect laid down what is to this day the system for which the UK populus now takes for granted, which is a good thing

We all should know if you use this site that ALL politicians lie and are in it for themselves, power corrupts (it even happened to Lois Griffin
), so by making the NHS we ensured at least they have some work to do every day, make the government work for the people, demand heatlcare for ALL, let their party make funds available for the NHS, restrict there alowance into the trough, I believe the NHS funds in the UK should be ringfenced and increase each year in line with inflation, Great Britain is not as great as it once was but the NHS is still something to be proud of.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: projectvxn

But apparently capitalism is. $650 million are being raised on GoFundMe each year for medical reasons.

That's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
America has a program called Go F___ me

Run by the elite who bribe the politicians and allow for this system to get out of control.

It’s amazing how we let a few greedy bastards ruin the society. Bribe our politicians and we as a people let them do it.

IF we were ever serious about reform we'd kick out every politician in power and then start over

NO LOBBYISTS

WE COULD HAVE AI RUN THE COUNTRY AND DO BETTER THAN THE GREEDY SWINE WHO RULE NOW.

edit on 3-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Willtell

Utter horsecrap.

Obama had the votes, and instead of forcing through something that would function, he pinched off the Obamacare loaf and left it simmering in the toilet for 6 years to bankrupt these people a little more with rising premiums and reduced benefits.

The GOP couldn't have blocked anything. They didn't have the votes.

Exactly. I've heard that pathetic excuse that the Republicans were blocking him and all sorts of nonsense. No. He had the votes to do any damn thing he wanted and he basically betrayed his own base. And they loved him for it.

Not only that. He completely lied about what he was going to do and then just shrugged and said "deal with it".
edit on 3-10-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Your facts are wrong
Obama tried to get Medicare for all which is better than what the GOP offered
Joseph Liebermann blocked it.
The GOP didn’t want any health care for all
Obama was far from perfect but he got what he could get by the Congress.

The GOP doesn't want anything and tried to destroy the little we got.

Medicare for all is good but they need to make Medicare better.

The GOP wants nothing for everybody but the rich and powerful

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The coverage gap (aka donut hole) only applies to Medicare Part D. That said there is the possibility for a significant coinsurance with Parts A and B.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Serious question.

Who pays for the building and running costs of hospitals in The U.S. ?

NHS Hospitals in The U.K are built and run by government funding. Their are also private hospitals which people can pay to use.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That is IF it's an emergency. Anything else you are on a waiting list for several months and then that may get cancelled several times. Good and bad to both systems. Not to mention the vast majority of NHS staff are from Uganda, India, and other 2nd world countries.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Look at the names......fake, bible thumpin, god botherers have their names plastered on most of em. They are subsidized because they don't pay taxes. Religion is evil.

www.beckershospitalreview.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Utter horsecrap.

Obama had the votes, and instead of forcing through something that would function, he pinched off the Obamacare loaf and left it simmering in the toilet for 6 years to bankrupt these people a little more with rising premiums and reduced benefits.

The GOP couldn't have blocked anything. They didn't have the votes.

Exactly. I've heard that pathetic excuse that the Republicans were blocking him and all sorts of nonsense. No. He had the votes to do any damn thing he wanted and he basically betrayed his own base. And they loved him for it.

Not only that. He completely lied about what he was going to do and then just shrugged and said "deal with it".

This belies a lack of understand of the political landscape at the time. Democrats have never been unified like the Republican party, and as such Obama had less leverage than was perceived.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
since you're posting on a Fox News echo chamber let me add the right wing input;

Should have planned for retirement better and taken personal responsibility for their future. Not my problem. I'm good.
edit on 3-10-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Your facts are wrong

No they're not. Obama is a pathological liar. The man never met a fact he didn't twist. There are two types of politicians. Pathological liars and used to be politicians who lost because they couldn't lie worth a damn. Obama was good at it. I mean, he told a bunch of blatant lies but he was good enough at it to fool his base and that was all that mattered.

edit on 3-10-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Anything else you are on a waiting list for several months

I had a Hernia op a few months ago. Total waiting time 6 weeks.

Not to mention the vast majority of NHS staff are from Uganda, India, and other 2nd world countries.

NHS staff have come from Commonwealth countries and beyond since more or less the onset on The NHS in the 1940's.

Here for instance a photograph of Nurses from the West Indies in 1948.

everlivingroots.wordpress.com... /

At the end of the day, what does it matter where they come from, as long as they can do the job.

edit on 3-10-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Your facts are wrong

No they're not. Obama is a pathological liar. The man never met a fact he didn't twist.

Dude, we're talking about Obama, the personal disclosure thread is thataway ---->

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Thirdly, Free medical care is social communism, and communism is evil. Nobody should take care of someone for free or they themselves are practically a criminal in the amount of evil communism they have perpetrated unto america. The only thing that makes America the greatest nation in the universe is the fact that we don't do any of that communist crap.

/rant from my conservative coworkers.

The problem with the communists was they just murdered everyone who got in their way. It was a little hard for people to believe they were these totally awesome humanitarians when they were burying their political enemies in mass graves.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Thirdly, Free medical care is social communism, and communism is evil. Nobody should take care of someone for free or they themselves are practically a criminal in the amount of evil communism they have perpetrated unto america. The only thing that makes America the greatest nation in the universe is the fact that we don't do any of that communist crap.

/rant from my conservative coworkers.

The problem with the communists was they just murdered everyone who got in their way. It was a little hard for people to believe they were these totally awesome humanitarians when they were burying their political enemies in mass graves.

But that's not communism that's bad, that's the people employing it. Leaders have murdered wholesale under ever political guise there is.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
and I worked in the biz...it sure didn't cost the hospital or surgical center $350.00 for that blade or scalpel...chances are is was a disposable item and cost them less than $100.00....probably less than $50.00 as they buy in bulk....(I worked in ophthalmology......and you would be SHOCKED at the mark up...I sure was...especially at the mark up in glasses...I found THAT out in the early 80's when I started in the business....before I moved into medical ophthalmology and surgery. I am so glad I am retired now. a reply to: angeldoll

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join