It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First ‘Vice’ Trailer Reveals Christian Bale as Dick Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This past weekend I spent a day pet-sitting 4 dogs and 4 cats at a friend's house while his family celebrated a birthday. He's got a nice home theater setup, so I spent some time kicked back with the remote. Netflix, Hulu, Roku, DirectTV, Amazon Prime, etc. - so many choices, so many channels, but I finally settled on re-watching American Psycho starring Christian Bale. I hadn't seen it since it was released on DVD years ago, and I don't remember being as impressed with Bale's performance as I was this time around. I'm looking forward to seeing him transformed into Dick Cheney for this upcoming movie, "Vice"!

VICE on IMDB (Release date December 2018)
SOURCE

Annapurna Pictures has released the first Vice trailer for Oscar-winning The Big Short filmmaker Adam McKay‘s highly anticipated film about former Vice President Dick Cheney. The film chronicles Cheney’s political career and the reverberations from his actions that we’re still feeling today, with Christian Bale wholly transforming himself to play the political figure. Amy Adams plays his wife, Lynn Cheney, while Steve Carell plays Donald Rumsfeld and Sam Rockwell plays President George W. Bush. Honestly, just go ahead and give this film all the awards already. As impressive as Bale’s physical transformation into Cheney is, his subtle and nuanced performance is even more so. Watching Cheney slyly dupe a chicken-eating Dubya into taking control of the most powerful positions in the U.S. government–and by extension the world–is both pure joy and unnervingly close to how the actual conversation probably played out. If nothing else, McKay gets bonus points for including the time that Cheney accidentally “peppered” a good friend of his in the face with quail shot, which is teased in the trailer as one of many, many stranger-than-fiction stories from Cheney’s life and career.

edit on 1032018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That looks amazing!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That is freaking weird!

Awesome.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Bale and Rockwell look great in this.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Rockwell is fricken awesome but I wonder if they can just tell a story or if they will put a slant on everything.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Can't wait for the hunting scene.

oh and the duct tape GloboWrapCorp scene.

edit on 3-10-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

That looks awesome!!!

Good find and I hope you enjoyed a nice entertainment setup. I personally take much pride in my living room setup. Nice surround and a big ass screen that makes not watching difficult.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Rockwell is fricken awesome but I wonder if they can just tell a story or if they will put a slant on everything.

I was so glad to see him win that supporting actor award for Three Billboards. He is so unsung it is amazing to me.

My favorite role of us was in 2002 when he played Chuck Barris in ''Confessions of a Dangerous Mind''. His Barris was perfect and the movie was great though over looked pretty much. Ever see that one? Barris was the creator and host of several game shows back when and according to his autobiography also a hit man for one of the alphbet agencies. Quite the movie.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy and moon!

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I wonder if there's any mention of Cheney's alleged participation in the most dangerous game with children or when he told Mineta that the orders still stood minutes before whatever crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11 while he was in his command bunker below the WH.

Oh, and according to many, that wasn't an "accident" when he shot his friend.
edit on 3-10-2018 by cfnyaami because: etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Oh wow this is refreshing and new. Hollywood actually doing a story on a the republicans and making them look bad. Shocking ,how awesome we need more of this . We only have 99.9% bias form Hollywood towards republicans.

Yeah I think I will pass on more of the same Sh1T form hollywood . I don't even like the republican party and think of Cheney as the devil himself, but its beyond annoying how biased and one sided hollywood is. Wake me up when they do the True story on the Clintons.

I don't need to pay to see more hollywood BS when its thrown at the public on a daily basis for free. Thanks but I will pass.

edit on 441031America/ChicagoWed, 03 Oct 2018 20:44:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have absolutely no interest in this movie.

It's hard enough trying to find any show or movie that don't have political bullsnip in it.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Wake me up when they do the True story on the Clintons.

They sorta did... at least a part of it... check out a flick called Primary Colors with John Travolta. It's actually a pretty good movie, although it might not lean the way some might hope.

In a nutshell the vibe from the movie was about a guy that did some wrong but ultimately wanted to do good. So maybe it was heavily biased... I've read Hitchens books on the Clintons... doesn't seem like any of their dirt will ever come out in a big way.

edit on 5-10-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Caught this yesterday and it was fantastic. Bale did a great job as Cheney and the rest of the cast were also brilliant in their roles. If you have a sense of humor you might actually laugh at a bunch of scenes.

Oh, and stick around through the credits.

top topics

join