It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to Target 'Affluent' Middle-Class Drug Users

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well, this is interesting;

May's Immigration Promise and Middle-Class Drug Use Targeted

...The use of drugs such as coc aine by middle-class users has been linked to a rise in gang violence in UK cities. So, when he addresses the Conservative conference later, Home Secretary Sajid Javid will say he is ordering an investigation into how this type of crime works.

I'm willing to bet that his 'investigation' will take many months and cost many hundreds of thousands of pounds, so I'm willing to give my assessment here, for free, in less than five minutes.

This type of crime works for two reasons, here's the breakdown;

• Drugs such as coc aine are relatively expensive - those who are regular partakers are more than often hardworking and productive individuals, the kind who wakes up every day and goes to work wearing a suit, the unassuming kind. These people pay a lot of money for their drug of choice, and as long as there's money in the equation, it will never go away.

• Demand; People like drugs, that's just reality, and as long as there's a demand, there will always be a supply, no matter the cost.

Corridoers of Powder: Drug Scandal at Houses of Parliament After Traces of Cocaine Found on Toilets Across Palace of Westminster (July 2013)

Evidence of coc aine use has been found inside toilets at the Houses of Parliament, including some just yards from MPs' offices.

Traces of the class A drug were found in nine toilets throughout the Palace Of Westminster, the meeting place of the UK's political elite.

The powder was detected in toilets used by guests at Parliament's bars, as well as cubicles a few yards away from MPs' offices - areas where members of the public are restricted from going.

...As Parliament’s toilets are cleaned regularly, the white powder must have been snorted in the past few hours, according to reporters from The Sun, who did the testing.

The Houses of Charliament: MPs Caught up in Cocaine Scandal (January 2016)

Daily Star Sunday investigators using chemical swabs found traces of the illegal white powder inside two toilet blocks of the Westminster building.

One of the positive tests came from a loo for MPs and staff, yards from the House of Commons and House of Lords chambers.

Airport-style security checks are designed to screen everybody entering the building yet our reporters found drug users had sneaked in coc aine.

...In light of the allegations, drug policy adviser Tom Lloyd branded Westminster workers “hypocrites”.

The former chief constable for Cambridgeshire police said: “If Members of Parliament have been using coc aine, that only goes to show the deep hypocrisy of our current policy.

“These people stand up in public and denounce people for taking drugs. It’s an outrageous position for our purported leaders.”

Euro Parliament Rocked by Cocaine Finds in Toilets (July 2005)

A TV station has found traces of coc aine in 41 of 46 lavatories tested at the European Parliament in Brussels. Researchers for the German Sat-1 channel were sent to the glass and steel complex to take swab samples. They apparently found conclusive evidence of drug use.

...The Institute for Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research in Nuremburg, which analysed the swab samples, found that the amounts could not have been carried in unwittingly by people who had picked up traces on their clothing.

They'll be locking-up their neighbors, colleagues, friends, and family members before they even know it.

This post isn't about supporting drug use, it's about realism.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Sounds like a reasonable take.

But.

$$ talks b.s. walks.

🙁

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

No doubt in a bid to turn them into lower class drug users. Imagine their surprise when they find out who is supplying all of the coc aine?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
80% of the population would be in prison. Lol

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If every person in the UK who takes coc aine on the odd occasion was locked up this country would be unable to function at any level.

Not saying its right, not saying its wrong - just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Lol, I am struggling to think of anyone I know who has never done a line now and then. My dear old mother is one for sure but even she did trips in the 60's. It's everywhere, so much so I forget it's illegal.
And if they started testing sunday league football players or lower levels of most contact sports there would be many tens of thousands of bans dished out.

I reckon the government should just licence it and sell it to adults through the Post Office network of branches. Secure buildings used to handling and storing valuables/money. Vetted staff who also verify ID such as passports etc, it would make billions for the nation.
Buy bulk from South America, massive discounts, transport it to the UK in RAF planes or Royal Navy ships.
It would put gangsters out of business overnight.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
So what guys snorting coke off the Agga before brunch inbeween a few olives?

Or passing a joint round the cricket pavilion
edit on 3-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sounds like they are trying to equalize the crime statistics so that it isn't just the non-British who are ending up in jail for drug dealing and criminal violence. They want to get the middle classes in jail, confiscating their wealth and homes.

pics.me.me...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

If I was drinking a beverage at the time of clicking your link, I'd likely be needing a new keyboard about now,

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Exactly, I too barely know a person who hasn't tried it on at least one occasion.

Nearly every regular user can certainly afford it, very, very few have to resort to crime to fund it.

I don't want to go on too much about the rights and wrongs of current legislation - don't want the thread to be closed yet, but it will be at some point - but its suffice to say that current policies aren't working and only serves to enrich those involved in the supply.
And it goes against the doctrine of adults of sound mind being allowed to do what they wish as long as they don't harm others.

It would be great to have a reasoned debate about the legalisation of drugs and the 'war on drugs' but alas T&C prohibit such a thing.
Bizarre really given the alleged purpose and aims of this site and some of the stuff that is allowed to be discussed and debated.

But I like it here so I'll stick to the rules, bizarre though they are at times.

edit on 3/10/18 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Cocaine makes the world go round.

I wonder if it Also fuels some of the "crazier" moments/choices of our political class...

I can picture them high af and getting all hyped up about the next war.

edit on 10/3/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/3/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Lol at the discussion rules, I know what you mean, I tread very carefully in these kind of threads, seen a few closed down but I haven't been the cause.

This investigation into middle class drug use is ridiculous though, even people working on the research team will probably do a line or two at the weekend, it's a joke to be fair.
Random drug testing in Parliament would be interesting for sure, but that will never happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

They have to have a "family friendly" label in order to qualify for the most highest paying advertisers. I'd pitch in 5 or 7 bucks a month to obtain our freedom. It could still be free to all and just offer a few perks to paying members. In not sure if that would cover their needs and plus they may desire to avoid asking for money in exchange for a service for some reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Totally agree to this. These people crank on about all the world's woes at dinner parties, while sniffing a line of coke. The coke that has cause grief and mayhem to get to their polished table. I should know.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well....will they be taking the piss? Literally? Start with Boris.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree, a bit tongue in cheek but legalising would provide control of purity, a stable price, not making people guilty of a technical crime, taking it out of criminal hands and most of all making money off the tax of it. And looking through my rose coloured glasses, the tax money directed to the NHS to cover costs of dealing with any issues that arise from said partaking.
Also in the same vein, they should legalise prostitution with the same reasons.
Even the ancients knew "once pandora's box is open you can't close it's lid".

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
I wear similar rose colour glasses, I'd strike off loads of silly laws where no harm or loss to another person is a crime.
I'm not an MP though so ain't gonna happen lol. Cops in Devon & Cornwall constabulary know full well, they'd scare tourists away if they did more than the random Spaniel dog sniffing at club entrances. The dog can scent traces everywhere, they can't focus. It's theatre more than policing in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I don't know about the UK, but 90% of US dollars have traces of coc aine. Let that sink in. NINETY PERCENT.

edition.cnn.com... aine.traces.money/

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
I remember reading similar about UK £20's I think.
The new plastic money has changed things.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting how she is targeting the middle class. Seems to me the habbit is rife in the upper class sector (elites and celebrities) who are the ones with the real money to burn. Maybe she should start at the top and work her way down, but that is never going to happen. We just have to live with the fact that those making the laws that rule our lives are doing it whilst off their heads on drugs, grrrrrrrrrrr

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join