It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If the governments of the world found evidence that God in fact did not exist, do you think they would tell the people?

Just for discussion does anyone think this may have ever happened?

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Only if it benefited them.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Evidence that God does not exist? What would that be, a note from the "antiGod" saying that God's not here?

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
evidence that God DOES exist? What would that be? a note from him saying "I'll be right back"?

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
evidence that God DOES exist? What would that be? a note from him saying "I'll be right back"?

As a matter of fact, one might say that is a note from Him, in a very simplistic manner of putting it!

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   

As Arnold says, "I'll be back".

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ewww, if I could give Thomas Crowne a cookie right now I would!

That was VERY VERY (full lip V) good!

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
*In my Elvis imitation* Thank you. Thank you very much.
*attempts the karate split move but falls to floor, splitting pants and doing Michael Jackson sound-alike*

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
LOL

But I don't think they would. One, they would lose support from the religious institutions who would no doubt be in denial(I know I probably would.) Two, imagine the decay of morality that would soon ensue. It would surely result in anarchy. As it curently stands, the religious community is keeping the world in check, reminding them that there are consequences for their actions that go beyond human control. Remove tha control, and watch it all fall apat.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If the governments of the world found evidence that God in fact did not exist, do you think they would tell the people?

Just for discussion does anyone think this may have ever happened?

Isn't there already some evidence out there that somewhat tries to prove this already? But if it was something new and major astounding??..I personally don't believe alot of what our governments tell us, so I would just probably listen and shrug it off as yet another scheme of those in command. And not only that, but it would take a great deal of information and backing up to get most to believe this..It would probably cause a major amount of havoc and so they might just not even reveal such findings. Weird question though John..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
How about this: What if the government knows that God DOES exist, in fact, they are even in constant communication with him. (think alien treaty) But they hide this evidence from the People and in fact supply misinformation, thereby fooling everyone in to thinking they're on the right path to salvation when they aren't.

As it curently stands, the religious community is keeping the world in check, reminding them that there are consequences for their actions that go beyond human control. Remove tha control, and watch it all fall apat.

And as for this - society (as in, people living together) with or without a religion, would still establish and maintain laws. Humans are moral creatures. People know the difference between right and wrong and 99.9% of people wouldn't kill, rape or steal regardless of whether there is a God or not. Poverty, Inequality, and Sickness(mental) are the Gods of crime.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If god did not exist then a lot of things would have to change. Religion is a very large part of are society. If there was real evidence that god did not exist then a then there would be a lot of chaos in the world. There would be a lot of angry people in the world and the statice quo would change and world government would not want that.

But have no fear true believers its almost impossible to prove there�s a negative.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I believe that would be impossible since I know that God does exist, but let us assume that the world's governments had enough "evidence" to convince most of the people that God did not exist. In this case, the state would then attempt to become god. Any one who did not follow the new religion would simply be "removed". The State would then become god. There are many literay examples of what such a society might look like (Big Brother in 1984, Brave New World, THX 1138). We have seen many movements where the State raised itself to becoming a religion and a "god" (such as communism and Nazism).

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Im sure if they found out he was real, alot of goverment and all these NWO's alike would be pooping thier pants.
Thier going to hell

Deep

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Only if they profited from it somehow. Or they probobly would if they neither benifited nor were hurt by it.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Very interesting question.

I'll begin by simply stating that I know God does exist. Just as I know that Love exists. So there is no real debate for me.

However, in the interest of "If" I would have to ask who "They" are, in terms of the government. If we are referring to the Elite NWO Secret Government I believe that they would keep the information and use it to their advantage as they do with all of the other information they are keeping (e.g. alien contact/technology, etc.)
If we are talking local government, I'm really not sure.

In peace,

~Jammer

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Would they tell us that god didn't exist?

There are many possibilities, some would say it wouldnt hurt anyone so the government would release that information.

Others would say that it wouldn't help them in any way so they would keep their mouth shut.

My opinion is it all depends on the government in question. For example, in a country where religion is not a very important part of people's life's and is not really taken into acount as far as politics go, a scandinavian country for example, they would release it, however, if they released such information all the world would then know it, and there are many countries in which religion is a very important part of people's lifes, and where religious dogma and ethos are often seen in political thinking would not want it released, so maybe there would be a background international talking about releasing it to the public or not, ultimately inepsia would prevail and the non-profitability of the unexistence of god would win thus we would end up not know god didn't exist.

sorry for the lenght of it

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You can't find evidence supporting that god does not exist, so it's a pretty moot point.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Of course the gov't would not tell......it would take far too long and too much money to un-brainwash all the people who firmly believe in such a thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RemainObsolete
Of course the gov't would not tell......it would take far too long and too much money to un-brainwash all the people who firmly believe in such a thing.

Mayhaps someone needs to "kick start" your "brainwashing" soon.......
You seem like someone that is angry over being left out of the "program"?

regards
seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join