It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why baseball is dying and football is winning

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I could see how something like that would.

They had some great teams and players over the years Carter,Dawson,Raines, Pedro, Walker, and of course leOrange and yea they got screwed and Im a Braves fan.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm all for extreme golf. Water hazards traps flame throwers etc. Like American gladiators except you never actually play golf

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You're forgetting Mr. Wetteland who was instrumental in beating the Bravos in 1996. We got a few other guys from the Expos over the years, they were kind of like the Yankees second AAA farm team. Thanks Montreal.

edit on 4-10-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I would watch the schizz out of that.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm hoping for a Indians braves world series so I can get redemption for my ruined childhood.

I really do love playoff baseball

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: alldaylong
Baseball. Rounders for men.

Soccer, an excuse for sissies to fall on the ground without getting touched.

I thought the thread topic was Baseball v Football ( The American Crash Helmet version )

Anyway, i will play. So tell me how many players have died during a Baseball game?

There is a fair list of players who have died during a football match. That means real football not the Crash Helmet version.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Anyway, i will play. So tell me how many players have died during a Baseball game?

One that I am aware of at the MLB level and a many more in the minor leagues and youth level. There was a book in 2007 that tallied the totals.

How many soccer players were injured from getting a wet willy? Frickin marys.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Well if we're going all in...

And just for #s and giggles, Bobby Baun:

On April 23, 1964, having fractured his ankle earlier in the game, he returned in overtime and scored the game-winning goal.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Football figured out that star quarterbacks equal ratings. Nobody watches football for defense.

I watch football to see people get creamed, especially the QB.

The Bears have been getting to the quarterback, they have 18 sacks so far this year and 0 roughing the passer penalties. Players just need to adapt to the new rules. You can still smash the quarterback. Players just have to be smarter about how they do it.

The length of the game is still a problem. But it always will be. Because the NFL wants that sweet sweet commercial money. Any other reasons they give are just lies.
edit on 4-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: alldaylong

Well if we're going all in...

And just for #s and giggles, Bobby Baun:

On April 23, 1964, having fractured his ankle earlier in the game, he returned in overtime and scored the game-winning goal.

en.wikipedia.org...

It looks like that Hockey player has scratched his head.

This is a real head injury on a football player. Or soccer as you wish to call it.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Players just need to adapt to the new rules.

I don't want adaption, I want to see the QB's head come off and roll down the field.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well...I don't think that has ever happened. Even when Taylor was playing.

You have two options. First option. Time machine to a more brutal age, either some Aztec sport where a human head is the ball, or a Roman style gladiatorial event. Second option. Hire some hobos to put on Aaron Rodger masks, then hire some underground death fighters off the dark net to play the blitzers, and have an unsanctioned basement "football match". Now even then. The head of your quarterbacks may not fall off and roll down field. You may need to loosen them ahead of time. But if you want an active moving quarter back. You may need to dabble in some kind of modern day Herbert West solution.

Your well to do and a Mason. I am sure you could make either happen. If you are ever caught, just say you did it all in the name of Cthulhu. Not because it will help get you out of trouble. Because it would make me chuckle. But lets be real. You won't get caught.
edit on 4-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: Azathoth

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Some of those suggestions are highly appealing.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Playoff baseball is great, sadly the Braves dont have enough pitching I'm afraid and are really young and inexperienced. They will be lucky to escape LA this year. Cleveland looks the part so wouldn't mind seeing them getting on a run as long as its not the Yankees or Red Sox.

(post by chiroden removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join