It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to move on from Kavanaugh

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It has never been about justice for Ford or Kavanaugh being "unfit" as a judge. It has always been about the Democrats being scared to lose the SC. It's pathetically obvious. And I don't put it past the Republicans to do the same kind of partisan nonsense because they'd be scared too. That's why I hate politics. It's ALWAYS about power and not the real problems.

And that leads me to a quote from the great master Yoda.....

Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.

A2D
edit on 4-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal
Let’s see you be calm and unemotional after having your wife get death threats and your home vandalized by 200 protesters.
I would say more but I think I made my point.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer
That’s not true. Google the thread and see what comes up.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As Q says, 53 to 47, and I see that as valid now or very close. All the liberals have done is show the world how crazy they really are. These kinds of tactics USED to work when they controlled ALL media.

No longer.

News is bypassing the MSM now and they keep getting caught with their pants down.

Confirmed. Take that to the bank.

Fred..

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CharlesT

Yeah. It does.

A question is a question. But the member is question does not seem to have asked one. Just bitched about not being answered.

He may have been referring to someone else's question where you slung another of your holier than thou snide responses. One thing I have learned of you over the years is you carry one hell of a chip on your shoulders. In your mind, you are just too far above everyone else on this forum. Everyone else are idiots.

A point that he's trying to make (so far ) with over 68k posts. But I have to agree with you being in this board for over 12 years. The chip seems to be a nasty one.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are assuming someone shouldnt get angry over having their life destroyed over a lie. Sorry, his anger IS Justified given the circumstances.

Not only has his name been dragged through the mud by the left, but because of the democrats, his life was threatened, his family were threatened. So no, i think that is REASON enough for his anger. It is called reason for a reason. get it?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is a joke right? Surely, you don't really believe this. I mean, I get it if you only watch CNN, MSNBC or a few other Liberal media manipulators, as they constantly leave a path of bread crumbs for their Liberal followers, but the path always leads to nowhere....like Trump not becoming President, the whole Russian Collusion garbage that they assured every Liberal was a solid fact and just a waiting game before Trump was impeached, but it never happened. Likewise, the Democrats winning in 2020 is yet another breadcrumb of hope that will never come to pass. We will never abandon Trump, we will not leave Kavanaugh behind because of some "assurance" that the Democrats will win the election in 2020. We have all heard this story before, but all it is...is just another Liberal wish that will never come to pass.

If Kavanaugh is confirmed, I believe everyone will agree there will be lingering anger from the Democrats. So, let's move forward in time to 2020 and let's make the assumption that the Democrats win the White House. Also, let us assume the Democrats have control of the Senate at that point in time.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yea.

A heavily unbalanced judicial system is a real good idea.

Real good.

Yeah...right....it's not like Obama didn't do the same thing. I don't recall it bothering you back then.

Obama Stacking the Courts in favor of Liberals

How Obama transformed the courts - NY Times

There are plenty more links online if you Google it.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Thank you, that was my first thought, in reading this post. Has anyone looked back at his career to see if he has been "emotional" at any point, overseeing cases?

Because the big difference here was "IT WAS HIS LIFE" basically on trial. He was the defendant, not the judge.

(Yes, I do realize it wasn't a "real" trial)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I echo your sentiments.

The republicans need to give this man the political old yella, with the mid terms coming they can't allow this saga to continue any longer.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Kavanaugh is winning the Republicans the midterms because the Democrats are showing their true colors.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I echo your sentiments.

The republicans need to give this man the political old yella, with the mid terms coming they can't allow this saga to continue any longer.

No they need to stay the course and show the left their tactics will not work anymore and that they wont back down any longer..........

He will be confirmed, and I look forward to seeing heads explode............

These democrat politicians and the media just keep exposing themselves more and more.........

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yea.

Real good.

Elections have consequences
Like Barak said
ANYONE but that hag would have beaten trump
Too bad the dnc shoved her down your throat
Think she would have worried about an unbalanced judicial system?
I do not

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Candor (lack of)
Temperament (Belligerent and Entitled)
Partisan (Thoroughly)
Honesty (Self serving lies)

Whether or not he sexually assaulted women in his youth remains an unanswered question thanks to the GOP shielding him from a thorough investigation, but he fails outright on the above.

Over a thousand of his fellow law professors have said he has disqualified himself.
Several of his classmates who had previously signed a letter supporting him, have withdrawn their support.
For the first time in a history a former Supreme Court Justice (and a conservative) has come out and said a nominee should not be appointed to the court.

Trump's divisiveness, malice and partisanship has metathesized and is spreading through government, it has reached SCOTUS.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Yea.

Real good.

Elections have consequences
Like Barak said
ANYONE but that hag would have beaten trump
Too bad the dnc shoved her down your throat
Think she would have worried about an unbalanced judicial system?
I do not

She would have been limited in her roster of nominees, knowing she needed to get approval by 60+ in a GOP Senate.

With the GOP having majorities in all three branches of government and having expanded the nuclear option (just 51 votes needed to confirm) to SCOTUS nominees, the immune system (balance of powers) that shielded the SCOTUS from being contaminated and politicized is just weak enough for the GOP's virus to take hold in SCOTUS.

We will see how effective the medication is at slowing or reversing the disease come November 8th.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Kavanaugh is winning the Republicans the midterms because the Democrats are showing their true colors.

The GOP will keep the Senate (barely)
They will lose the House.

And that is if the Kavenaugh battle actually motivated the GOP the way GOP pundits claim it has.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Thank you, that was my first thought, in reading this post. Has anyone looked back at his career to see if he has been "emotional" at any point, overseeing cases?

Because the big difference here was "IT WAS HIS LIFE" basically on trial. He was the defendant, not the judge.

EVERY defendant in a trial that has ever appeared before Kavenaugh or that ever will can and usually does claim "IT IS MY LIFE"!!

EVERY Defendant that he rules on and judges has been accused of something.

Being accused of something NEVER is an excuse for someone to show contempt for official proceedings, be belligerent and lie under oath.

Does he feel entitled to behave in a way that he would never tolerate himself in an official proceeding?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

What proceedings, it wasn't a trial it was an interview.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What proceedings, it wasn't a trial it was an interview.

He was under oath.
He lied repeatedly.

That said an interview has a much lower bar of failure than a trial.

Lack of candor, demeanor, dishonesty and temperament are all critical factors.

That is why tons of conservative legal scholars have withdrawn their support for Kavenaugh without even addressing the question of his guilt or innocence.

His character fails as a nominee for SCOTUS.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Interview is all about getting hired. We'll find out if he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join