It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to move on from Kavanaugh

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Well it is a good thing it was not rhetoric and just him addressing lies and accusations hurled at him.
I hope if I am falsely accused of sexual assault, and gang rape I have as much composure as he was able to maintain.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well it is a good thing it was not rhetoric and just him addressing lies and accusations hurled at him.
I hope if I am falsely accused of sexual assault, and gang rape I have as much composure as he was able to maintain.

Uh, it is in fact his rhetoric during that hearing that I was discussing as an issue........

He can be genuinely upset, and say genuine things, and still have slipped up in his responsibility to remain (by outward appearances) an unbiased demeanor.
edit on 40pm18fpmWed, 03 Oct 2018 14:56:35 -0500America/ChicagoWed, 03 Oct 2018 14:56:35 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Garland followed the Biden rule which Democrats first espoused. Try harder. In a Presidential election year I agree we should wait, and when the shoe is on the other foot I will still agree.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

So you don't actually care, you just want to be offended and look for anything to complain about.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Really
was his statement untrue?
He was accused
Senators did say they would oppose him at all cost

How does he stating facts become "rhetoric"?

rhetoric noun rhet·o·ric | ˈre-tə-rik Definition of rhetoric
1 : the art of speaking or writing effectively: such as a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times
b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion
2a : skill in the effective use of speech
b : a type or mode of language or speech also : insincere or grandiloquent language
3 : verbal communication : DISCOURSE

Stating facts is now showing bias?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

oh lookie, you got to tell me i'm offended.

lmao.

what a puss.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Is that like a boof?
My grandmother used to call her housecat that.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Garland followed the Biden rule which Democrats first espoused. Try harder. In a Presidential election year I agree we should wait, and when the shoe is on the other foot I will still agree.

I don't have to try harder at anything dude, its already done (despite wailing and gnashing of teeth to the contrary). Its now a viscous Democrat vs Republican battle for EVERY SC nomination (to varying degrees).

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That's exactly what we are seeing here. It's silly really.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Really
was his statement untrue?
He was accused
Senators did say they would oppose him at all cost

How does he stating facts become "rhetoric"?

rhetoric noun rhet·o·ric | ˈre-tə-rik Definition of rhetoric
1 : the art of speaking or writing effectively: such as a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times
b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion
2a : skill in the effective use of speech
b : a type or mode of language or speech also : insincere or grandiloquent language
3 : verbal communication : DISCOURSE

Stating facts is now showing bias?

Because its not a fact, its speaking as a means of persuasion. He doesn't KNOW that its Hillary and watchdog groups hounding after him (anymore than you or I KNOW conclusively). He's spouting the same conjecture as Hannity and other right wing pundits. The difference is Hannity never has to rule on issues potentially dealing with Democrats now, so he can appear to be the most rabid anti-democrat person in the world with no ill effect.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes, varying degrees. Democrats have gone too far.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well, that's your opinion, so nothing to really argue over that. I'd claim the Republican went too far, and went too far first.

(I got plenty of time to play fun games).

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Uh, it is in fact his rhetoric during that hearing that I was discussing as an issue........

He can be genuinely upset, and say genuine things, and still have slipped up in his responsibility to remain (by outward appearances) an unbiased demeanor.

His “responsibility to remain an unbiased demeanour” applies only in when he’s operating in a legal context, in his capacity as a judge.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
itt: concern trolling

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

That's crazy. The guy likes beer, that means he's going to drink on the job too.

A2D

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

His “responsibility to remain an unbiased demeanour” applies only in when he’s operating in a legal context, in his capacity as a judge.

Would you be surprised to find out that judges on lower courts have been removed for espousing racist or extreme political views? This is not some new precedent I just pulled out of my ass.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It's a fact that from day 1 they said they would oppose him by any means necessary with all the strength they have.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Well, that's your opinion, so nothing to really argue over that. I'd claim the Republican went too far, and went too far first.

(I got plenty of time to play fun games).

So the Republicans followed the guidelines laid out by the Democrats and they went too far. Interesting argument.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Would you be surprised to find out that judges on lower courts have been removed for espousing racist or extreme political views? This is not some new precedent I just pulled out of my ass.

If there was something racist or extreme about his views, you’d have a point, but his judicial record speaks more than how his tone of voice made you feel.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I know a lot of Democrats think any non Democrat is a racist, it's a lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join