It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to move on from Kavanaugh

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: Wayfarer

Not the first time I've had to break something down barney style...here we go...

Your opinion..doesn't matter.
The vote will happen.
Accept it.
Move on.

A2D

Lol.

Uh, sure, but neither does yours boyo. I mean, we're all nobodies debating on an anonymous forum, you'd have to be a complete idiot to think anything we talk about here has any affect beyond this immediate sphere. You'd have to be an even bigger idiot to then waste time 'shouting that realization' into the void.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: shooterbrody

wikipedia was altered in real time from someone inside the U.S. House of Representatives to refer to "devil's triangle" as a drinking game.

wtf

this confuses me more than any other part of this fiasco
were it not a drinking game would a consensual 3 way in high school disqualify him from service?

when you lie under oath about it is.

a president was impeached for it - remember? lol

And you can 100% prove he lied under oath? Why was the question even asked? How is it pertinent to an allegation of sexual assault? Is the assumption that if you will partake in a 3way you will sexually assault people too?

The only ones looking bad from my perspective are the Democrats who were trying to character assassinate Kavanaugh on irrelevant topics.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Of course it is, your side has proven incapable of logic and reasoning, why the hell would anyone want Democrats in power.

link   

False. You did not say human nature means he will be biased, you said he hinted he will be biased against them.

He didn't. It's fake news.

link   

Not quite sure if you just admitted to being a complete idiot or not.....

A2D

link   

All they have to do is not call out anyone specifically, and there can be no appearance of impropriety.

Oh do you mean not defend himself?
www.washingtonpost.com...
like so

Since my nomination in July, there’s been a frenzy on the left to come up with something, anything to block my confirmation. Shortly after I was nominated, the Democratic Senate leader said he would, quote, “oppose me with everything he’s got.” A Democratic senator on this committee publicly — publicly referred to me as evil — evil. Think about that word. It’s said that those who supported me were, quote, “complicit in evil.” Another Democratic senator on this committee said, quote, “Judge Kavanaugh is your worst nightmare.” A former head of the Democratic National Committee said, quote, “Judge Kavanaugh will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come.”

Was any of this untrue?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

wikipedia was altered in real time from someone inside the U.S. House of Representatives to refer to "devil's triangle" as a drinking game.

wtf

were it not a drinking game would a consensual 3 way in high school disqualify him from service?

And you can 100% prove he lied under oath? Why was the question even asked? How is it pertinent to an allegation of sexual assault? Is the assumption that if you will partake in a 3way you will sexually assault people too?

The only ones looking bad from my perspective are the Democrats who were trying to character assassinate Kavanaugh on irrelevant topics.

Isn't she saying its not the 3-way but lying about it. Like its not unfounded to ask basic questions that you would expect a nominee to answer truthfully as a basic weather-vane 'truth-check', and when someone misses that mark would seem a pretty obvious disqualifyer in the position.

I suppose you could argue that truthfulness doesn't matter to a SC justice...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Who cares what he think? People also say boof has never meant fart. I have personal experience it has. How would a coach know their drinking games, is the coach saying he would get drunk with the students?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

wtf

You have evidence he lied under oath? Please by all means present it, I would love to see it.
You know better than he what his yearbook inscriptions mean?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

That's not a basic question. That's a question designed to impugn a person's character and has no relevance whatsoever.

It's like a defense attorney asking a rape victim if they enjoy to be trained and enjoy rape play. It has no purpose other than to humiliate the person and make them look bad.

This is supposed to be a fact finding mission, not character assassination.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

All they have to do is not call out anyone specifically, and there can be no appearance of impropriety.

Oh do you mean not defend himself?
www.washingtonpost.com...
like so

Since my nomination in July, there’s been a frenzy on the left to come up with something, anything to block my confirmation. Shortly after I was nominated, the Democratic Senate leader said he would, quote, “oppose me with everything he’s got.” A Democratic senator on this committee publicly — publicly referred to me as evil — evil. Think about that word. It’s said that those who supported me were, quote, “complicit in evil.” Another Democratic senator on this committee said, quote, “Judge Kavanaugh is your worst nightmare.” A former head of the Democratic National Committee said, quote, “Judge Kavanaugh will threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come.”

Was any of this untrue?

No, I'd expect someone supposedly as accomplished and smart as Kavanaugh to not take the obvious bait and answer calmly and collectedly (as I would expect of any supreme court nominee). To so emotionally collapse during the hearing (which I can only assume was a plea for sympathy) and slip up in such an obvious way so as to potentially call into issue the impartiality of rulings pursuant to the slip up just smacks of a judge who doesn't have as much control over their emotions as we'd expect or like.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

someone inside the house of representatives updated the Wikipedia page in real time - why would they do that?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It's EXACTLY what he should have done. Any party who does this, D or R, needs to be put on notice. They need to suffer for it. It has to stop.

None of my personal opinions have anything to do with what Kavanaugh will do as a Judge.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

someone inside the house of representatives updated the Wikipedia page in real time - why would they do that?

Why do you care? They wanted to update Wiki so it was more accurate.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So he is just supposed to sit and take it?
Interesting.
Sounds more like a matter of taste than an actual legal matter or anything tangible for that matter.
Sound similar to the "unfit" garbage thrown at the POTUS.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Really
I am confused though, this wikipedia you reference were other pages updated that day, around that time?
Also my childrens school will not accept siting from wikipedia for their work, do you believe what is posted there?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's EXACTLY what he should have done. Any party who does this, D or R, needs to be put on notice. They need to suffer for it. It has to stop.

None of my personal opinions have anything to do with what Kavanaugh will do as a Judge.

Oh boy howdy. If you think a party needs to be 'put on notice' for legal shenanigans then I suppose I'd find an outraged post from you regarding Garland's snubbing by the Republican controlled congress.

Unfortunately its pretty clear bitter partisanship has become the de-facto norm for SC proceedings, and doesn't look like its going to abate from either side moving forward. Welcome to your new norm.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

lmao

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So he is just supposed to sit and take it?
Interesting.
Sounds more like a matter of taste than an actual legal matter or anything tangible for that matter.
Sound similar to the "unfit" garbage thrown at the POTUS.

No, he is free to 'lash out' in whatever way he chooses, just so that he doesn't implicate a group or specific entity as the target of his ire. For someone studied in jurisprudence it should be expected that one need be careful how they couch rhetoric. In this case, its just obviously harder to keep the wording of ones thoughts controlled when you're lashing out angrily.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'll remember that the day I see you undergoing what he and his family have undergone and you show a temper.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join