It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans need to move on from Kavanaugh

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
wikipedia was altered in real time from someone inside the U.S. House of Representatives to refer to "devil's triangle" as a drinking game.

wtf

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The only hyperbole is yours. If the President is engaged in illegal actions that are so egregious they can not wait until the end of their term they need to be impeached.

End of story.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Who cares? It IS a drinking game. ATS members have played it.

I personally never drank and could not tell you. I do know boof means fart though.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

In essence, but publicly decrying his thoughts on unfair treatment by a political party, he's effectively poisoned himself to rulings relating to that party's plaintiffs, which unfortunately can be argued amount to a large amount of cases before the SC typically.

So then how did any SCOTUS get through their nomination?
They have all had real life experiances, if they discuss them they are poisoned against them?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

From here on out any SCotUS nominee who has had ANY negative experience with ANY Republican ever is unfit for the position. Let it be known.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

So let me get this straight. If someone treats you unfairly and you call them on it you necessarily must treat them unfair to retaliate? That's your argument?

Not quite. If someone is interviewing for the job of SC Justice of the US, a lifetime appointment, I would imagine they would be the kind of person to have enough control and forethought to not blunder into such a completely idiotic and moronic pitfall as Kavanaugh did. These are people we expect to the best in their field. If Kavanaugh is so emotionally swayed as to lash out in a fit of rage, its implied he doesn't have full control of himself as someone who could control their rage, and if he doesn't have full control, then there is the likelihood that his decisions are going to be affected by said rage.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It appears to me that none of them will be able to answer any questions in public.
I have never heard that before.
It is an interesting position.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The only hyperbole is yours. If the President is engaged in illegal actions that are so egregious they can not wait until the end of their term they need to be impeached.

End of story.

I can only imagine you think your sitting in a room and can say 'end of story' and then walk out like a bad-ass and that's it, but unfortunately you're arguing with anonymous folks on the internet and there is no end.

My examples are not hyperbolic in the least, and just calling them out doesn't change that (much to your chagrin I'd imagine). Even something petty can serve to the benefit of both the President and the Senate Majority. You are living in a bubble of desire where you believe your righteous and virtuous Republican Senators (all of them) are so goodly and righteous that they wouldn't take advantage of illegality to their benefit. Perhaps you'd be surprised to find out that its almost the norm more than the exception among politicians.....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
wikipedia was altered in real time from someone inside the U.S. House of Representatives to refer to "devil's triangle" as a drinking game.

wtf

this confuses me more than any other part of this fiasco
were it not a drinking game would a consensual 3 way in high school disqualify him from service?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

ats members have played it?

why am i not surprised.. jesus.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Your imagination keeps leading you down roads that don't exist. End of story isn't walking out or badass. It means that is the only way it should work. Your hypothetical where the entire system is broken so we need to break it further is fueled by your partisan hate.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: BlackJackal

Showing a propensity toward conspiracy theories, showing political bias and lying are real good reasons why he should move on. I hope the dumb bastard looses the job he has not. He doesnt deserve to be a judge of anything but a drinking game.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

In essence, but publicly decrying his thoughts on unfair treatment by a political party, he's effectively poisoned himself to rulings relating to that party's plaintiffs, which unfortunately can be argued amount to a large amount of cases before the SC typically.

So then how did any SCOTUS get through their nomination?
They have all had real life experiances, if they discuss them they are poisoned against them?

Its painfully simple really. All they have to do is not call out anyone specifically, and there can be no appearance of impropriety. Its like law 101, and the fact that Kavanaugh bumbled into it in a fit of rage is extremely telling of his actual 'worth' as a SC nominee. I don't begrudge the Republicans trying to put through the most partisan anti-abortion/anti-immigration/anti-presidential criminal vulnerability nominee they can find, I'm more just rather incredulous they're trying to shove this hack through when there are a dozen stone cold Evangelical Republican hitmen nominee's that would have breezed through this thing....

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: knoxie

wtf

this confuses me more than any other part of this fiasco
were it not a drinking game would a consensual 3 way in high school disqualify him from service?

when you lie under oath about it is.

a president was impeached for it - remember? lol

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

And I personally know and used the term boofed in the 80s. I never knew it as anal sex, but since both deal with the anus it's not surprising it has a dual meaning.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"The explanation of Devil's triangle does not hold water for me," said William Fishburne, who managed the Georgetown Prep football team while Kavanaugh was a senior.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Maybe you should run for senator so your opinion on supreme court justices qualifications will actually matter.....

A2D

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Your imagination keeps leading you down roads that don't exist. End of story isn't walking out or badass. It means that is the only way it should work. Your hypothetical where the entire system is broken so we need to break it further is fueled by your partisan hate.

Except that's projection on your part. I don't hate anyone we're discussing here, I'm merely calling out a constant aspect of human nature and how its foolish to think that folks are going to immediately take actions against the best interest of pure benefit to themselves. Its not a fairy tale idea or an outlandish theory, its literally a core aspect of being human. If the senate is the only entity to bring criminal charges against the president then there are going to be scenarios where the president commits crimes that benefit senators. To claim that the senate would never be in the situation is the acme of naivety.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

Maybe you should run for senator so your opinion on supreme court justices qualifications will actually matter.....

A2D

I'm not sure what the purpose of this post was. Care to elaborate on what your point is?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Not the first time I've had to break something down barney style...here we go...

Your opinion..doesn't matter.
The vote will happen.
Accept it.
Move on.

A2D
edit on 3-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join