It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese destroyer comes dangerously close to US ship in South China Sea (>50yards)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
NY Post Article

BEIJING — A Chinese destroyer came aggressively close to a US Navy ship in the South China Sea, forcing it to maneuver to prevent a collision, the US Pacific Fleet said Tuesday, describing an encounter that could worsen tensions between the nations. The Chinese warship approached the USS Decatur in an “unsafe and unprofessional maneuver” on Sunday near Gaven Reefs in the South China Sea, said US Pacific Fleet spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Tim Gorman. The Chinese destroyer “conducted a series of increasingly aggressive maneuvers accompanied by warnings for Decatur to depart the area,” Gorman said in an emailed statement. It approached within 45 yards of the Decatur’s bow, forcing it to maneuver, Gorman said.

AP Article

I see no reason why the Chinese would get that close to a ship this is starting to remind me of the cold war "bumper boats" incidents between the Soviet and US Navy.

Keeping an eye on the situation in the south pacific...

edit on 10/2/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Fixed Link

edit on 10/2/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Added additional link

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

We all know China and US have to come to terms as China is probably the biggest rising power.. Its not Russia so much.. Especially looking at the pacific and also Africa..

Japan and S. Korea wont hold em off on their own.
edit on 2-10-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Dude...
I love ya!😊👍👍👍
Star Flag.. but go here👍😊
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Dude...
I love ya!😊👍👍👍

man big fail my bad mods can this thread please, thanks for the heads up bud!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Dude...
I love ya!😊👍👍👍

NOOO! NO FAIL!!🤤🤤🤤
BDA!

no fail... G'Zus... timing thats all. You didn't see an earlier thread. Much earlier. Like i woke up and had coffee vs im in bed... f#$k now I feel bad! 😨😨😨😨

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Dude...
I love ya!😊👍👍👍

NOOO! NO FAIL!!🤤🤤🤤
BDA!

no fail... G'Zus... timing thats all. You didn't see an earlier thread. Much earlier. Like i woke up and had coffee vs im in bed... f#$k now I feel bad! 😨😨😨😨

It’s all good I completely skipped over it I’m transitioning back to night shift and it’s got me all screwy woke up and thought I was ahead of the curve alas I was 12 hours or so late. Bad part is that’s the 2nd duplicate thread tonight, hope the night doesn’t keep on like this.... Hopefully a good couple bags of IV coffee will jar my brain back into gear. Don’t feel bad big guy I still love ya too😊😏

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Sounds like the person driving the Chinese boat is just a dick. Nothing more than that.

I would not be surprised to find out most nations mess with each others militaries in asshole ways all the time.

Off topic: Is militaries spelled right? My spell checker keeps telling me it isn't??

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

We all know China and US have to come to terms as China is probably the biggest rising power.. Its not Russia so much.. Especially looking at the pacific and also Africa..

Japan and S. Korea wont hold em off on their own.

Russia might just be watching to see who comes out on top. Us or China.

Good news on that front is that we restarted the NAFTA deal. But we need to work more WITH china on trade to. Not just try and throw our weight around.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

🤗
You...
Are a kind person🤗

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Sounds like the person driving the Chinese boat is just a dick. Nothing more than that.

I would not be surprised to find out most nations mess with each others militaries in asshole ways all the time.

Off topic: Is militaries spelled right? My spell checker keeps telling me it isn't??

There was that incident a while back where a Navy survvellence plane was flying near Chinese waters when the sent up a fighter to keep an eye on the navy plane, the Chinese pilot was flying way too close and then decided to do a real hot dog move and do a flip over the top of the navy plane but he wasn’t so hot and ended up colliding killing himself and forcing the navy plane down on a Chinese airstrip (quite the fiasco). Militaries is the correct spelling or at least looks that way to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I good on military 😁

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Some bumper boats incidents for entertainment before the thread gets ish canned

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is a notable incident for sure.

You know what you don't see since Obama left office? Iranian ships pulling this crap. When's the last time you heard about one of those incidents?

If they happened you know the media would gleefully report the salacious details.

Not much posturing from the mullahs in the Gulf these days.

Mattis probably has standing orders to sink any Iranian ship that gets within X distance.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Why can't everyone just get along? Sigh. Our world's power hungry government leaders will end up destroying all of humanity. It's a shame that the majority of the world's population continue to be used as tools of war. I hope some day in the not so distant future, the people of the world will rise up and say "enough is enough."

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

You know what you don't see since Obama left office? Iranian ships pulling this crap. When's the last time you heard about one of those incidents?

If they happened you know the media would gleefully report the salacious details.

Mattis probably has standing orders to sink any Iranian ship that gets within X distance.
Actually that happened earlier this week with IRGC Navy swarming there small craft near a carrier.
www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

Actually that happened earlier this week with IRGC Navy swarming there small craft near a carrier.
www.timesofisrael.com...

I stand corrected good sir! Reading the article though it does show that the incidents have dropped significantly since Trump became president.

It's weird because I usually look for this stuff and I'm a little surprised I never picked this up although it is from March 22.

Thanks for the link. The more info the better amirite?
edit on 2-10-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Dude...
I love ya!😊👍👍👍

Please use existing thread.

Closed.

new topics