It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need To Get A New Phone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
make sure you dont get a new one.

Go to a used apple place like Bad Apple and get an older version. The new ones don't have a headphone jack and do all the same stuff as the old ones just barely faster.

The new ones you have to sign a contract and pay for like 2 years. And old one will cost about 200 - 250 and will do the same stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
Any cheap (100-200), android phone is best. Its easy to transfer files from computer to phone. Almost like a USB.

Iphone requires itunes and only transfers if you have itunes.

I found a workaround - CopyTrans Manager

CopyTrans Manager lets you move music from your computer to your iOS device without needing to go through iTunes in the process. No matter where the music you're moving came from, it's easy to transfer through this straightforward and convenient tool.
- CNet Review

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Last year's Samsung is usually half the price of the new one, with most of the features.

You are either iPhone or Samsung. They are not friends ...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
NEVER buy an iPhone. iPhones are basically years-old budget Android phones for 3x the price of a brand new Android. You can find Android phones that have been out for years that have better hardware specs than the brand-new iPhones and for hundreds of dollars less. Apple is always touting some new, great thing they've invented, when in reality, it's already existed in Android phones... For years. Android phones do everything iPhones can do, plus more.
Apple is an absolute ripoff of a company.

With that being said, if you want a cheap bang-for-your-buck phone, this is a good one:
Motorola Droid Turbo ($139)

Let me give you an example of how ****** Apple is:
Droid Turbo (released 4 YEARS AGO) vs latest iPhone released September 2018:
Screen Resolution:
Droid: 1440x2560 565 ppi
iPhone: 1125x2436 468 ppi
Camera:
Droid: 21MP
iPhone: 12MP
Battery:
Droid: 3900 mAh, up to 48 hours talk time
iPhone: 2658 mAh, up to 20 hours talk time
3.5mm jack:
Droid: Yes
iPhone: No
Price:
Droid: $139
iPhone: $999

So basically a 4-year old CHEAP Android phone has a better display, better battery and a better camera than the newest iPhone. Oh, and it won't shatter if you drop it. The 4-year-old Android costs $139, while the newest top-of-the-line iPhone costs $999.
Let's see what else is available in the world of Android, though... Hmm... What do we have here? A Huawei P20 Pro with a 40MP camera, double the RAM of the iPhone at 8GB, and a 4000mAh battery? Gee, I wonder how much that costs? Oh, look, it's almost $200 less than the iPhone.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Farley smashed it!

I will probably go with Motorola.
They make'em in my home state.
edit on 3-10-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would recommend an Iphone SE myself. Smallish compared to the rest and should be supported for a few years yet. 32gb model is $179 at Walmart with a $55 a month unlimited data plan currently.

And whatever you get put it in an Otter Box case right away to protect it. Did that to my Iphone and after 2 years it's still going strong.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would definitely recommend the Huawei P20 pro. Yes it's Chinese, but the main benefit is security. Camera is pretty awesome too.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i bought samsung j7 something recently. my cat once dropped it in his water bowl and it stayed there all night i guess but it worked somehow. it just said a couple of times the phone is too cold and will charge when it is warmer so i put it under sun.anyway then towards night, it charged. but it was august and we were on vacation and there was lots of sun in the balcony. we had broke up when my sony aqua was broken two months earlier...i had no phone for four days and we had had a quarrel and i went mad.no j7 is not water proof. sony aqua is.
edit on 3-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

HUAWEI P20 PRO is middle of the road but gets good reviews. Well rounded phone. I recently got a Samsung s9 plus and love it, but it cost more. Had an iPhone 6 plus but it was kind of a pain. Good luck.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Doro. Consumer Cellular.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Cricket carries a lot of nice LG phones. I'm a Motorola guy myself.

Moto G5 Plus

www.cnet.com...

www.walmart.com...

ATT owns Cricket, fwiw

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

Cricket carries a lot of nice LG phones. I'm a Motorola guy myself.

Moto G5 Plus

www.cnet.com...

www.walmart.com...

ATT owns Cricket, fwiw

I have that one, also had a Moto G4 plus for the past year and got the G5 just recently. Had an iPhone 7 Plus before, it was fine but i wasn't really happy. Something was off about it but i felt very happy with the G4 plus, very nice hard to destroy phones.

I have dropped the G4 so many times and i don't use it anymore but it is sitting there with a perfect screen, the iPhone i dropped it once and the screen broke, had to replace it :/

I had an LG with a giant screen kind of like the iPhone 7 but battery life wasn't so good so i had to get something else, the best one was the Moto phone. but i also heard the OnePlus 6 is awesome

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join