It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI reports - why not public?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So the FBI should be done with the Kavanaugh/Ford investigation relatively soon, within a week I assume. I for one will be glad when it's all over.

However, (D) senators Feinstein and Coons both publicly stated that the findings should not be made public. (R) senators Graham and Cornyn want a public release. Shortly thereafter, Senate majority leader McConnell said they will NOT be made public. Why? What the hell is going on?

The whole damn system is in shambles. What are they hiding? Please...someone explain this nonsense to me.

source

(I know it's the huffpost but there are other sources too)

A2D

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

My WAG would be that both sides are going to get some splatter on them because of things being done they shouldn't have.

Or possibly the democrats agreed to back Kavenaugh is nothing was found and any pursuit of wrong doing by the democrats gets swept under the rug.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
1) If not public they can spin it how they want.
2) There is a good chance the investigation also included a look into who leaked Mrs. Ford's letter. That would reflect negatively on some in the Dem. party if it were to come out.
And with midterms right around the corner.............
Quad
ETA: Sen. Frankenfienstien probably has a dirt pile on McConnell.
edit on 2-10-2018 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Standard practice for FBI background investigations and supplementals to be private, but, most likely Feinstein cut a deal with McConnell like she will give him a few democrat votes if he keeps it private because it implicates her in it. Hopefully someone leaks it.
edit on 2-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So the only thing they can agree on is covering both party's rear ends...seems accurate

A2D

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

" FBI reports - why not public? "

Because the F.B.I. does Not do Stand Up . They are Not that Funny...............

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
McConnell wants - PRIVATE

Schumer wants - PUBLIC

Feinstein wants - PRIVATE

Since it's officially results from a "Background Check", keeping it private would be in line with what happens with all background checks.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Article I read as soon as tomorrow.

But the finding will be for senate eyes only.

Either way Kavanugh gets raped again.

Because the left got what they wanted.

link   
You can be quite sure that if the report contains anything that gives the Democrats an opening, they will leak selective parts of it anyway.

link   
Because the FBI is an evil entity run by the shadow government - and they're not on the side of the people.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I get that it's standard practice for bg checks....but damn...this whole mess was anything but standard...why start now?

A2D

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

the way I see it , we, the taxpayers, paid for all of this and everything so far has been aired out in public, why stop now

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

.." Feinstein cut a deal with McConnell like she will give him a few democrat votes "

On Kavanaugh's Appointment ? No , I would Rather Hear the Dirt he Has on that Bee Otch Instead.........

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

the way I see it , we, the taxpayers, paid for all of this and everything so far has been aired out in public, why stop now

Couldn't agree more. If you publicly accuse, then you publicly convict/exonerate(I know it's not a trial but what other words would I use...). Only makes sense.....

A2D

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They're hiding nothing..

.. they want to see what Democrats run to the media and leak the document.

The trap's already been sprung

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If that were the case, don't you think senator Graham would be all for it(remaining private)? I mean, he was visibly upset, and rightfully so....

A2D
edit on 2-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

They're hiding nothing..

.. they want to see what Democrats run to the media and leak the document.

The trap's already been sprung

I hope I hope I hope you are right.

That would be pretty epic, but I just have no faith in the republicans to do this for the right reasons.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
So the FBI should be done with the Kavanaugh/Ford investigation relatively soon, within a week I assume. I for one will be glad when it's all over.

However, (D) senators Feinstein and Coons both publicly stated that the findings should not be made public. (R) senators Graham and Cornyn want a public release. Shortly thereafter, Senate majority leader McConnell said they will NOT be made public. Why? What the hell is going on?

The whole damn system is in shambles. What are they hiding? Please...someone explain this nonsense to me.

source

A2D

I'd bet Kav gets confirmed and shortly after they leak.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

source

A2D

I'd bet Kav gets confirmed and shortly after they leak.

53 yes
47 no

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
There have been a number of individuals whose lives have been turned inside out by this whole incident. I am not talking about Mrs. Ford or Judge Kavanaugh.

I can't imagine coming home to find the nation's press Corp on my lawn. Those people deserve the right to return to their lives. This is the only reason I see for keeping it nonpublic.

Rest assured, with all 100 Senators getting a copy, it won't be long before most if not all members of the press have their own copies

top topics

<<   2 >>

join